Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

ACI is the pits, East and West. I think a lot of that is it's a psych camp and controlled movement. They create many of the issues they have. Gang activity at the East Unit is bad too.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 10:01 PM
HAPPiLY MARRiED;|041210|*

Thumbs down Moore haven cf *

UPDATE;
I THOUGHT FRANKLIN CI WAS BAD.. BUT - I ABSOLUTELY H A T E MOORE HAVEN CF!!!
THE GUARDS ARE PETTY &' VISITATION IS JUST RIDICULOUS.
I CAN'T WEAR ANYTHING BUT T-SHIRTS &' SWEAT PANTS OTHERWISE I GET TURNED AROUND. [EVERY SINGLE TIME].
THEY DON'T HAVE A MAN IN THE WINDOW SERVING HALF-WAY DECENT FOOR &' SNACKS.. THEY HAVE VENDING MACHINES THAT I LOSE ABOUT $3 TO EACH WEEK.
I'M SO READY FOR HIM TO GET TRANSFERRED!!!
ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HENDRY? HE;S TRYING TO GET TO THE FT.MYERS WORK CAMP...?
-- KELBO'SWiFE

Old 11-26-2009, 09:47 PM

My man is also at moorehaven, although I agree about visitation sucking, my man says it's laid back inside. He works in the kitchen and is in a dorm with a private room that he shares with only one other guy. They can pretty much do what ever. So if he's happy that's great. My friends son Is at hendry for about 6 months now, he likes it. And she says it's better than where he was Miami
The Following User Says Thank You to Lilpooper2011 For This Useful Post:
KELO'SWiFE (12-03-2009)
Old 11-27-2009, 10:50 AM

My husband is @ WALTON WORK CAMP. He says is really good, but my brother in law is @ SANTA ROSA & it's really bad. :<

Getting there...

Old 11-27-2009, 04:49 PM

Santa Rosa is a controlled movement camp. I wonder how many of the others that people find bad are the same.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM

My son is in New River O Unit and it seems pretty laid back so far.. he has only been there since mid Oct of this year. So it is just a little over a month so far. He said it is a hell of a lot better than our County
Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 PM
With The Unforgiven

My husband is currently doing his time at Graceville CF which is a private run camp. He's been there for 2 years now and says he prefers it to any state DOC camp.

There was a lot to get use to at first though because the men are locked in their dorm for approximately 20 hours a day but they can be in the day room or their cell throughout the day.

Currently, they are suppose to be in Class A dress until 3pm and then they can wear shorts but that seems to change. Prior to this change, they were only expected to be in Class A dress when chow was brought to their quad, otherwise, shorts are ok to wear throughout the day provided they remain in the quad.

There is also educational classes and they do have cable TV but some of the channels are restricted. They have movie nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night as well where the entire compound gets to watch a movie.

Some of the staff are ex-DOC and they do try their hardest to bring w/them that no good DOC mentality with them but for the most part, I can say, Graceville is better.

He's been to a few other camps (and of course, I've followed) but because he's been in the system for awhile, the camps I could tell you about were back in the day; i.e. Martin CI, Jefferson CI, UCI, Columbia, FSP, Baker, Marion and Century.

It's my belief that as far as I'm concerned, per visitation; it really and truly depends on who's working the park at the time but ALL FDOC camps are crap in their own right. Unfortunately, the powers-that-be, namely Tallahassee would love the nation to think that our state houses some of the most notorious felons in the USA which we all know, not to be true. Therefore our loved ones must deal with controlled movement and being treated worse then animals.

Anyway, as long as my husband is happy where ever this god forsaken state sends him, then I'm happy. After all, it's his world he must live in, not me.

Take care and God Bless!
Marti
Old 12-05-2009, 09:06 AM

Default Um...no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
One inmate I know who had been in multiple facilities in N. Florida said that Gulf Annex was the only place he didn't have access to drugs and alcohol.
My hubby has been there before and he did have access to drugs! There's access no matter where you go its who you know and how dumb you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to boston Love For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2009, 05:54 PM

I agree with the "how dumb you are"! Talk about NOT learning a lesson!

The Following User Says Thank You to wifeofMichael For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 PM

I think wakulla sucks...only one so far I have had a problem with....they sent my man to confinement....because they say my man was disrespectful and that he cursed at the officer...funny thing is he doesnt even curse and the officers are racist pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least one of them is and hates interracial couples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 AM

You could file a complaint against the officer if you believe this to be the case. I really think these sorts of things (DRs) should be tracked better, especially when it comes to visitation park incidents. If there is a pattern of abuse, they need to see it and fire the person.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofMichael View Post
You could file a complaint against the officer if you believe this to be the case. I really think these sorts of things (DRs) should be tracked better, especially when it comes to visitation park incidents. If there is a pattern of abuse, they need to see it and fire the person.
How would I get her name? And do you think I should file a complaint? Or would I just be stirring up more trouble for my man?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Not sure. You could file one, especially if they are transferring. I'd call up there and ask who the officers were on that weekend and who was the officer on who wrote the DR as you wish to file a complaint. It should be public record. Or wait and speak to your husband, he should know who it was. Letting this stuff go is part of the problem.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 PM

The name should be on the DR paperwork given to your guy. Also the DR paperwork is a public record you can request from the classification officer once the dust settles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fencie For This Useful Post:
wifeofMichael (01-14-2010)
Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencie View Post
The name should be on the DR paperwork given to your guy. Also the DR paperwork is a public record you can request from the classification officer once the dust settles.
Thank you, I will give it maybe a couple of weeks. Does anyone know how to file a complaint, do I just write a letter or is there some special form I have to get from the facility?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM

Generally we write letters and send emails (which become public records) and make phone calls, and send copies to supervisors or Central Office in the hopes that maybe somebody will listen and act, or at least for the record. There is a complaint form link at the bottom of this page: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/contact.html . I've never used it but maybe others have had results from this procedure?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:39 PM

There actually is a complaint form on the doc site under how to contact. Hmmmmm I may be filling one out in the next few weeks...
Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Rice2good2be=4gotten

My buddy is at Franklin CI.. He hates it and his whole attitude has
been different since being there. I understand they have absoluetly
no good programs and alot of people there with chips on the shoulder.

KImi

KIMI06
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 PM

my son told me that the northern prisons are the worst. Sumter the inmates have to be respectable.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:58 AM

My husband is currently at Belle Glade. It has its many, many, problems. Common problems there are that the CO's are not trained and are very rude towards visitors. The rules are subject to change at any given moment especially when it comes to what you wear. I could go on and on and on....but I think everyone gets the hint!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Donation Award 

Mine is at Graceville. He hasn't really complained that much. They do things differently though as it's privately ran.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:10 PM

my baby is at Gulf C.I. he dosent mind it, at first he hated it, he said that there were fights a lot, and when he first got there they were still digging up shanks from a riot they had recently.. and its a sex offender camp (from what he says?) so he met a couple pedophiles which creeped him out.. but he got moved to his permanent dorm and he said its a lot less violent in the new dorm i guess. so he's ok, its definitely not the best, but nothing big to complain about YET.. only 3 more months till he's eligible for work release. woohoo.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Completely His

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luckey13 View Post
Bay C.I. is the best. It has a long wait list. Good food and programs. Laid back inmates with very little drama. Youth Prisons are the worst with an exception for Florida State. Bad Bad prison.
Yes, I agree... my man is at Bay... then again, what prison is "good"? I'm so ready for him to come home! God Bless You Dear...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Mrs.Belton (2-Be)

My mans at graceville n he says it's aight...he told me about the first fight he's seen while there (if u wanna call it that) it consisted of two men chasing each other with broom sticks n they had a sword (broom) fight n only hit each other like once... I thought it was funny better than shanks n blood. He says his dorm is safe n he enjoys watchin t.v. He watched the superbowl last night n managed to make nachos from his taco trays... That's my boo! Very resourceful!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Waiting lady

My man is at Walton and he says it is pretty good. He says the guards can get pretty petty but it just depends on which one it is. He said he hasn't seen any fights or anything so far but he has only been there for a little over a month.