Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lphuff View Post
My mans at graceville n he says it's aight...he told me about the first fight he's seen while there (if u wanna call it that) it consisted of two men chasing each other with broom sticks n they had a sword (broom) fight n only hit each other like once... I thought it was funny better than shanks n blood. He says his dorm is safe n he enjoys watchin t.v. He watched the superbowl last night n managed to make nachos from his taco trays... That's my boo! Very resourceful!

I have a very good friend that went to graceville the end of last yr..dont hear very much about it on here. are you in florida?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Love Knows...
Donation Award 

My husband is at Suwannee CI. It is the only "prison" he's been. It's very new (not even completely constructed!). So it's clean and not yet overcrowded. BUT, they don't have a lot of programs set up. I think just for a GED program.

My Brother-in-law has been in several FL prisons. Union was the worst, according to him. He spent the last couple of years at Tomoka (Daytona), and it was pretty decent.
Irish
Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 AM

my man is in coleman med. and from what he says its not to bad i have friends who are co's at tomoka and they say its bad. from what im told colemans one of the nicest. well med that is.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Mrs.Belton (2-Be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennifer View Post
I have a very good friend that went to graceville the end of last yr..dont hear very much about it on here. are you in florida?
Hi pennifer...just to ans ur question I am in Florida been here my whole life...this is a first time bid for my man n hopefully the last...I think he really lucked out with graceville....todays my birthday n I'm driving to Mariana then onto gcf sat and sun for my first visit... I'm excited.. Anywayz the way I found info on graceville was to search (graceville c f) n I found out a few things most of the posts are old.. But full of info...may God bless u n ur loved ones...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:05 AM

yes I live in Florida im in Largo..I would like to go see my friends sometime but from here its like a 6hr drive and I dont think my car would make it!Not much info about Graceville on here but I do no from letters they have been on Lockdown for awhile due to an inmate getting killed there.This is his frist bid he doesnt get out till next yr. I guess there is time for me to figure out how to get there.Feel free to write me here and let me no how things are when you get back. Penny
Old 03-26-2010, 09:08 AM

My man is in Coleman FCI Medium and says it's pretty good as far a prisons go. He had been in private facilities before this and they suck pretty bad. So he is happy to be in a place where they have a library, etc.
Good luck!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 AM

Default FCI Coleman Medium

My man is also in Coleman Med. and also says it's okay for a prison. Much better than the other facilities he was in before they moved him. Is your man in for re-entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesicktragedy View Post
my man is in coleman med. and from what he says its not to bad i have friends who are co's at tomoka and they say its bad. from what im told colemans one of the nicest. well med that is.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten ^..^ View Post
My man is also in Coleman Med. and also says it's okay for a prison. Much better than the other facilities he was in before they moved him. Is your man in for re-entry?

He is in coleman low...Ive been there to see him and it's not to bad as far as Prison's go, the Co's are pretty nice at least I've had no problems.He is due to go to HWH in Nov. of this year if not sooner.He also say's it's much better then the facility he came from,which is Texas.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Mrs.Belton (2-Be)

Hey penny..I had a really good visit this past weekend...the visitors park was really laid back.. Overall a great time... From what my man says they are on lock down at graceville for 20 hrs a day even before the incident n he doesn't like the fact that they only have one hr n 30 minutes at rec a day..where at state facilities they get 2/3times a day to go outside n he said that the guards are really inconsistent with the rules.. But he wants to move closer to home (Jacksonville) so he plans on putting in for a transfer in dec. so he's stuck there for a while.... they watched the blindside n new moon in his dorm this weekend..I haven't even seen blindside yet...I really want him to see avatar it should be in a couple of wks....so graceville has it's good n bad attributes...hit me up if u have any questions or if ya wanna chat.... It's nice to find a pto friend who actually has someone at graceville..it's seems there's not many of us...God bless you......

Lacie
Old 03-30-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Hey penny..I had a really good visit this past weekend...the visitors park was really laid back.. Overall a great time... From what my man says they are on lock down at graceville for 20 hrs a day even before the incident n he doesn't like the fact that they only have one hr n 30 minutes at rec a day..where at state facilities they get 2/3times a day to go outside n he said that the guards are really inconsistent with the rules.. But he wants to move closer to home (Jacksonville) so he plans on putting in for a transfer in dec. so he's stuck there for a while.... they watched the blindside n new moon in his dorm this weekend..I haven't even seen blindside yet...I really want him to see avatar it should be in a couple of wks....so graceville has it's good n bad attributes...hit me up if u have any questions or if ya wanna chat.... It's nice to find a pto friend who actually has someone at graceville..it's seems there's not many of us...God bless you......

Lacie

Hello
Glad you had a goodtime and glad you got to see your man.Yes that must suck all I know is about the lockdown after the incident.I havent even see The Blindside lol.Im going to mention something to Travis to see if he could put in for a transfer,Im over here in the the Tampa Bay area so is his family I dont no where there is for him to transfer to ? Its a long story between me and him not really b/f g/f type of thing.Well it was in the past so Im just really confused now.Either way he is a part of my life.Well i need to get off to work now.Here is my e mail address if you would like we can correspond instead of here.Take care,hope to hear back soon,Penny
ohh_baby04@yahoo.com ps, how long of a trip was it?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Lauren and Starboy

my man is @ gulf c.i (annex) he said it is very laid back, he said c.o, dont get on them since most imates are serving alot of time to life guards, i think everywhere has pro's and cons and if you come in looking timid you will be sorry......so far i hear florida state prison is the worst!!!! my brother was just xfrd to Mayo c.i. from hamilton (annex) and he said it was awful there...mayo isnt so bad.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:38 PM
True Rider!

My husband is at Holmes CI, he's been there since mid Feb, he says it's ok, but the guards can be pretty petty, and they try to look for reasons to give out drs. He says the food leaves alot to be desired, the TVP and all, but they get chicken every Sunday, and some type of breakfast meat in the morning. Many years ago, my husband did a little over a year at Walton CI, which he said wasn't so bad. I used to go to visitation at Walton, and they'd let us go outside walk around the visitation park, and on Sundays, they'd let the visitors go to church w/the inmates, (not sure if they still do this there). But here at Holmes, he says they can go outside, but they have to remain seated at all times, and visitors don't get to go to church w/the inmates. I've only been to visitation once so far at Holmes, its smaller than Walton CI, and louder. The guards watch u like a hawk, which is normal. We were hoping for Bay CF but he got Holmes, at least he's not too far from me, and now visitation is every weekend, instead of every other weekend.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Daddy's Home 11/15/11!

Walton is full of country boys and all inmates are "Boy", but you mind your P's and Q's you don't typically have an issue. Heard at Tomoka some inmates behave like it's a youthful offender camp and you should be mindful of who you hang around and stay below the radar. FSP for the most part if you mind your business and remain invisible you may be okay with the guards. Get on their bad side and you could be set up (weapon plant, another inmate given favors to attack you) given bogus DRs, constant CCs causing no gaintime. Rumor has it there is still a active "goon squad" that gives out punishment "off the record". They recently were marking the SN# of bills brought in at visitation supposedly because inmates were found on the compound in possession of currency. How amusing since the only way currency has value to an inmate is if an inmate has someone who moves freely on the outside to "give" it to for whatever reason. Since the guards at FSP mean for inmates to handle their problems like men (suck it up and deal or throw down) it keeps the majority always on "street mode", either looking for a hustle or come up or trying to watch your back so you don't get hustled or someone takes whatever you have of value.

Last edited by KingsWifey; 04-12-2010 at 09:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to KingsWifey For This Useful Post:
Flagirl1960 (06-01-2012)
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 AM

Default My son has just been transferred to Colman Low

I am looking for people who have experience with Coleman Low, as I can't seem to find any info on it. I am so grateful that my son has been moved out of La Tuna! Anything would be better than that hell hole. I need to learn more about Coleman Low for men. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know why but I can't seem to IM pennifer (who seems to have some experience with Coleman). Anyone else who does, please contact me.

My son is twice as far away as he was before, but if he is treated humanly I suppose I should not complain.

Thank you in advance.

RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennifer View Post
He is in coleman low...Ive been there to see him and it's not to bad as far as Prison's go, the Co's are pretty nice at least I've had no problems.He is due to go to HWH in Nov. of this year if not sooner.He also say's it's much better then the facility he came from,which is Texas.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Hello Im sorry I havent been on here as much.Yes my B/f is at coleman Low been there for awhile now.What ever you want to know please just ask.As a matter of fact I am going for a visit Sat.What is ur son's name Im sure my b/f can find out about him he is pretty well respected in there.Here is my e mail address please write me there.I will get ur message alot sooner

ohh_baby04@yahoo.com
hope to hear from you soon
The Following User Says Thank You to pennifer For This Useful Post:
cantno (10-24-2010)
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Default Are you still visiting Gulf CI (annex)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlooo View Post
my man is @ gulf c.i (annex) he said it is very laid back, he said c.o, dont get on them since most imates are serving alot of time to life guards, i think everywhere has pro's and cons and if you come in looking timid you will be sorry......so far i hear florida state prison is the worst!!!! my brother was just xfrd to Mayo c.i. from hamilton (annex) and he said it was awful there...mayo isnt so bad.

I was wondering if you are still visiting Gulf CI? I have heard some terrible things about the facility...I have also heard some not so bad things. I was wondering if you have any additional info.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
7luckey13

Brevard is the worst Youth Camp and F.S.P is the most horrible place in the whole state of Fl. Lost on Death Row and no way to ask for help. Bad situation.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:

Lacie

Mine complains about the same thing when it comes to rec. He wants to move to a state facility in order to get more rec time. He said he only gets an hour rec though rather then an 1hr 30mins. As for the movies, he sees more movies then I do these days.

I too have noticed that there doesn't seem to be many with guys at this facility.

Last edited by Miss Esme; 05-22-2010 at 08:28 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Aaron's Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten ^..^ View Post
My man is in Coleman FCI Medium and says it's pretty good as far a prisons go. He had been in private facilities before this and they suck pretty bad. So he is happy to be in a place where they have a library, etc.
Good luck!

Out of curiosity...I thought Coleman was federal. Is Coleman is Sumter County? Maybe I'm thinking of someplace else?
Old 12-21-2010, 07:19 PM
kym

My baby is at columbia, but the main unit. He says it's better than the glades....i just want him home. Next year.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
my man is at columbia annex in the re entry program there... It's pretty laid back... Visiting there was actually really really nice. The guards were friendly and very helpful. His co is a wonderful lady who is sooo helpful and even came out to meet his mom, sister and me when we arrived in florida and then let him know we arrived safely. He's been at calhoun and taylor, and he will take columbia any day
Old 12-26-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejordan865 View Post
I think wakulla sucks...only one so far I have had a problem with....they sent my man to confinement....because they say my man was disrespectful and that he cursed at the officer...funny thing is he doesnt even curse and the officers are racist pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least one of them is and hates interracial couples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are the 5th person I have met that has said the same thing about Wakulla, in the box for an alleged offence with no witnesses but the place is wired for sound and camera's everyplace.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luckey13 View Post
Brevard is the worst Youth Camp and F.S.P is the most horrible place in the whole state of Fl. Lost on Death Row and no way to ask for help. Bad situation.
Totally agree with Brevard, very dangerous and some of the guards I met
obviously were on drugs and needed to be removed!
Hey, I try to be very "compliant" but many people do not deserve to me put in jail and many never should be hired and in their position
Old 12-28-2010, 12:15 PM

hmmm, my man hasn't complained about Wakulla...
My boy is currently locked up at Desoto Annex, and he says its HORRIBLE there! another boy of mine is currently at Mayo, and i haven't heard anything bad yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:51 PM

does any body know anything abouth the youth prisons in florida my is goung and i dont know where there going to send him where should he not go help
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysun View Post
Totally agree with Brevard, very dangerous and some of the guards I met
obviously were on drugs and needed to be removed!
Hey, I try to be very "compliant" but many people do not deserve to me put in jail and many never should be hired and in their position
my son is geting ready to go in he had a rerrible judge they said ther is only 2 in florida for youth offenders do you know where they are? and which one is the best