Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:11 PM

Default Help! Daughter is an absconder from Conditional Release!

My daughter was convicted of 2 felonies and sentenced to probation. She absconded from probation and when she was found the judge gave her 2 years prison.

Around Oct. 2018 she was moved to a work release program. She was released on conditional release 12/08/2018 for 3 months and 16 days. Upon release she did report to her probation officer but then she never went back. She actually moved away from the area.

As of 2/8/2019 she has had a warrant for her arrest. The kicker is that she got pregnant immediately after release. She wants to wait until the baby is born in September to turn herself in. She refuses to even discuss her legal stuff with me but I am the one who will be taking care of the baby and kinda want to know what I am looking at.

What could possibly happen when she is picked up? I've been told she will just hhave to serve thee remaining 3 months and 16 days. I've been told that since this is the second time she has absconded on the same charge they could back and give her the max sentence for it. Confused and any help wold be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2019, 10:24 PM

Since she violated CRD she will have to go back and serve the entire amount of gain time she received. 100% of her original sentence.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,971 Times in 3,127 Posts

In addition to serving out the remainder of her first sentence, it's possible that the judge will give her a second sentence for a second offense (failure to report or something along those lines), which will end up giving her more time inside.

Be very careful about who you talk to about this. If you know where she is, there is the potential of being charged as an accessory. You need to protect you first - someone needs to take care of the baby.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
icj357 (06-07-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 08:55 PM

Thank y'all both for the comments. I know that really only time will tell what happens to her. My main concern is the innocent baby that didn't ask for any if this.

When she was released she told all of her family, including me, that was done, free and clear, no paper. So when she came here we thought nothing of it. Since we have found out that she's wanted she won't talk to as any of us. She's running the streets homeless, couch to couch, car to car. I don't even want to know where she is. I need to be here for the baby.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aclifton850 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-24-2019), GingerM (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,971 Times in 3,127 Posts

You've got the right attitude. Keep yourself from getting into trouble so that when the baby comes, the baby will have a solid place to grow up. That's where you come in. You'll most likely raise that baby by yourself - make sure you're available to do so.