Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona

Old 12-11-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tth
my guy is at Western as of today, can anyone tell me about it......ANYTHING will help
It is a medium security facility located in Mount Sterling.There is information available about it on the IDOC website under facilities.I hope this helps some.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Do anyone know a pastor that is near Western that will perform marriages down there we are trying to get married in May but can't found anyone to do it?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy n nikki View Post
Good afternoon everyone. Hope not everyone is getting rain, unlike the people here in Central Illinois.
My question is.. how many people have a loved on at Western Illinois Correctional Center in Mount Sterling, IL.. I was just wondering.. I go there a lot to see my baby, and I've only found one person who had a loved one there..
thanks.. Nikki
my name is jenny< hi my man has been in mt sterling for about two months. i have been to visit him 4 times, i am looking for someone to share a ride with? i live in mount morris il
Old 07-15-2009, 02:47 PM

Default its me jenny again!

Is there anyone out there that has a man at Western Il. correctional center? I would love to talk with you. It would be nice to share stories with ya. Matt has been gone only two an a half months with only another twelve an a half to go. I am able to visit him about once a week> the visits are great! we can hug and hold hands, even kiss! He hates the guards" but they have been very nice to me so far.
I hope to hear from someone soon! I try to get to a computer at least twice a week. ta-ta for now! my best to everyone going through this!
JENNY
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 PM

I see that the IL section does not get alot of vistors. Well if there is anyone out there who knows anything about Western besides whats on the IDOC page it would be greatly appreciated. My brother was just moved there so just trying to see what the visit are like and all that. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 AM

My son is in WICC. He is serving 4.5 years on drug charges. I have not been able to go and visit him because I recently had my van break down and have no car. I have not seen him since November last year. It is so hard just talking tohim when all I wanna do is hug him and kiss his cheeks. I hate that they send them so far away. I am from the Princeton area not sure where you are from but maybe we are close.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Default Western Marriages?

I have some questions, I haven't seen any new post here. But I'll give it a shot. I will be calling Western but just still finding out as much as I can. Has anyone gotten married at Western? I am hoping to start getting the process going. Me and my love are hoping to get married this June. Any info would help. I am in the Chicago area and also want to mention if anyone out here needs a ride, I have this great driver and we are going like 2 times a month. Let me know if you need any info on it.

Thanks,
Melissa
Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 PM

No contact? Does that mean through glass with a phone?

Old 06-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Default my experience at Western Illinois Correctional Center

A few months back I traveled to Western Illinois Correctional Center for a job interview. My experience was the following: The location of the facility is in the middle of nowhere in the country and surrounded by farm fields. With automotive speed limits ranging from 60 and down to 20, it took an hour and a half to arrive form Springfield, Ill. I arrived a full hour early and was checked in by a guard who was curt and rude. I waited the same amount of time in the lobby and was able to clearly see and hear the interactions between the guards and the staff, which were rude and inappropriate. I listened and saw, as a guard at the entry point to the facility, sexually harassed in a verbal manner, the female staff and as they attempted to enter the facility for their shifts. Several of the guards cussed in a grotesque and non stop manner, for the duration of my hour wait. The diversity of the staff was not apparent, but their provincial nature was.