Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:45 AM

Default Still waiting for visitation approval Southwoods State Prison

Iím new to all this & I just really have no one to ask questions to or vent. Right now my man is in Southwoods State Prison & my main concern is that Iíve been waiting to hear if the visitation paperwork was approved & itís been well over a month. Iím not sure how long it takes & sadly I donít believe what my man says because he has done untrustworthy things to me. I chose to support & try to work things out with us but itís not possible to even begin to try to regain trust while heís incarcerated. So how do I find out if itís been approved or if he even really filled it out for me? I really hate doubting his word but if he hadnít done what he did, I would believe everything he says. The trust will take time & canít possibly begin to be rebuilt until heís home. I just am really anxious to see him. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. .
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,574 Times in 2,004 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk

I moved your thread to our New Jersey forums, hopefully someone familiar with the visit application procedure in NJ will be able to help you

Old 06-12-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk

I moved your thread to our New Jersey forums, hopefully someone familiar with the visit application procedure in NJ will be able to help you
Thank you for your help. Iím not really sure how this site works tbh.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,715 Times in 3,036 Posts

Is there a way for YOU to send in an application? You might want to check on NJDOC's website and see if you can submit your own application. He'd still have to sign off on it, but at least you'd know it got submitted.

Visiting applications seem to get approved on a chaotic timeline - some will zip through in 3 days and others get completely lost in the system for months. I sent in 6 applications and had 5 of them approved within a week and one that just *poof* disappeared and I had to track it down. That one took nearly 3 months.

So if you can submit the application, at least then you'd know it got submitted. If NJ doesn't do things that way, then, unfortunately, you're stuck having to wait to hear from him. It's not an easy situation to wait through. Please try to take care of yourself and maybe take a step back if you can and take a few moments to breathe. I promise the prison system won't stop doing its bureaucratic thing if you take a little time to regroup mentally.