Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-04-2019, 08:12 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Unhappy Parole Violation in Illinois

Hello everyone. My child’s father has been sent back to jail after violating his parole due to a new case ( manufacturing and delivery of cocaine < 1.5 grams) he was sent to bond court first where he received an $10000 ibond and pre trial curfew. He wasn’t released because the IDOC had a parole hold on him. He went to the cook county for 5 days where his parole officer came and told him that his new case violated his parole and that he’d have to go to statesville to see the parole board where they most likely will reinstate his parole because the new case wasn’t violent and this is his first parole violation. His court date for his new case is 6-18-2019 but he was processed into nrc at statesville Monday. My question is what should I expect? I’m 5 in a half months pregnant with our first child and if he is sentenced to finish his parole time at 50% he’ll have to do 4 1/2 to 5 months and miss his child birth. I don’t want to stress but when should he expect to see the parole board? What are the chances his parole gets reinstated vs revoked? I’m nervous
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-04-2019, 08:27 PM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
Hello everyone. My child’s father has been sent back to jail after violating his parole due to a new case ( manufacturing and delivery of cocaine < 1.5 grams) he was sent to bond court first where he received an $10000 ibond and pre trial curfew. He wasn’t released because the IDOC had a parole hold on him. He went to the cook county for 5 days where his parole officer came and told him that his new case violated his parole and that he’d have to go to statesville to see the parole board where they most likely will reinstate his parole because the new case wasn’t violent and this is his first parole violation. His court date for his new case is 6-18-2019 but he was processed into nrc at statesville Monday. My question is what should I expect? I’m 5 in a half months pregnant with our first child and if he is sentenced to finish his parole time at 50% he’ll have to do 4 1/2 to 5 months and miss his child birth. I don’t want to stress but when should he expect to see the parole board? What are the chances his parole gets reinstated vs revoked? I’m nervous
Hey mama. Sorry you’re going thru this! Mine is back on a parole violation as well. So he will sit at nrc until he sees the board, if his case is still pending after the 6/18 date they should put him back out on parole until it’s resolved. He’ll just have to sit in receiving until he sees them. If he takes time on the new case, he’ll be violated. Is he planning on fighting it? You can email: prb.operations@illinois.gov and ask what docket date he’s on to see the board. Wait until he’s been in receiving at least 4 days first. Good luck lmk if you have any other questions I can help with.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-05-2019), patchouli (06-04-2019), TrueeBlessingg (06-04-2019)
  #3  
Old 06-04-2019, 08:45 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

No he’s not fighting it because everyone including his old attorney and other attorneys said because it was such a small amount that they would throw the case out. Another thing when he first popped up on the idoc website his parole date said to be determined then earlier today it changed to his original parole discharge date but his parole release date is the same as his parole discharge date. I know he hasn’t seen the parole board already it’s only be 24 hours

Last edited by TrueeBlessingg; 06-04-2019 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Missed a word
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2019, 09:01 PM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
No he’s not fighting it because everyone including his old attorney and other attorneys said because it was such a small amount that they would throw the case out. Another thing when he first popped up on the idoc website his parole date said to be determined then earlier today it changed to his original parole discharge date but his parole release date is the same as his parole discharge date. I know he hasn’t seen the parole board already it’s only be 24 hours
As long as he doesn’t take time on the new case they should put him back out on parole. Don’t pay attention to the dates yet they’ll change after he sees the board.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
TrueeBlessingg (06-04-2019)
  #5  
Old 06-04-2019, 09:07 PM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 41,258
Thanks: 41,719
Thanked 34,766 Times in 16,028 Posts
Default

Hi TrueeBlessingg Congratulations on the wee one! Fingers crossed here that he'll be Home in time for the birth
__________________
prisontalkhelp@gmail.com

patchouli, PTO Admin



Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (06-04-2019), TrueeBlessingg (06-04-2019)
  #6  
Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yes I’m hoping and praying. Especially after the attorneys vouched that his parole wouldn’t be violated because it was a small amount of drugs. Another thing does he have to wait until after the court date to see the parole board and if so will they send him back to Chicago for the court hearing. Thank you so much I’m so excited this is my first as well as his first child and I really don’t want him to miss any of the before birth milestones (baby shower, first kicks, delivery) ��
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrueeBlessingg For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-05-2019), jessesgirl1111 (06-04-2019), patchouli (06-04-2019)
  #7  
Old 06-04-2019, 10:09 PM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
Yes I’m hoping and praying. Especially after the attorneys vouched that his parole wouldn’t be violated because it was a small amount of drugs. Another thing does he have to wait until after the court date to see the parole board and if so will they send him back to Chicago for the court hearing. Thank you so much I’m so excited this is my first as well as his first child and I really don’t want him to miss any of the before birth milestones (baby shower, first kicks, delivery) ��
So they’ll transport him for his court date on a writ. He needs to arrange it ahead of time (they’ll do this at nrc), where’s court in cook county? Since he’s in Joliet and not at menard (be thankful for that-menard nrc is a nightmare and they’ve been on full lockdown for two weeks now becuz it floods there constantly being so close to the river). Anyway I digressed sorry.... they’ll transport him there and back. Depending on where they may transfer him somewhere the night before but my guess is if it’s cook county & he’s at Stateville it’ll be day of and back so be thankful for that. You should know by Friday his hearing date. I hope he gets to use the phone so he can keep in touch w you while in receiving. I don’t think they’ll violate him. Take care!
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-05-2019)
  #8  
Old 06-04-2019, 10:18 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yes his court date is in cook county at branch 38 location. He told me ahead of time that they only use the phone once a week. I’ve been doing a lot of googling and they say manufacture and delivery is much more serious than a simple possession which is why I’ve been so on edge worrying about if they’ll throw the case out or actually charge him with anything. I miss him already. He just came home in 2018 from doing 2 1/2 years
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-05-2019, 07:48 AM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
Yes his court date is in cook county at branch 38 location. He told me ahead of time that they only use the phone once a week. I’ve been doing a lot of googling and they say manufacture and delivery is much more serious than a simple possession which is why I’ve been so on edge worrying about if they’ll throw the case out or actually charge him with anything. I miss him already. He just came home in 2018 from doing 2 1/2 years
Ohh girl I feel you. As long as he doesn’t take time on the new charge he shouldn’t get violated. If yes fighting it they’ll kick him back out on parole.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-05-2019, 09:06 AM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thanks so much. Now I can have a peace of mind while I wait for the outcome. Do you mind if I keep you updated?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrueeBlessingg For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (06-05-2019)
  #11  
Old 06-05-2019, 02:54 PM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
Thanks so much. Now I can have a peace of mind while I wait for the outcome. Do you mind if I keep you updated?
Yes of course. In my prayers!!
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-05-2019, 04:16 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

He just called me! We had a 20 minute call , he said they can only call once on Wednesday so I do have to wait till next week to talk to him again. He said the parole board will be there on the 11th, 12th, 24th and 25th I believe. I’m waiting on the PRB to email me back with the docket date that he’s under. He say they don’t have anything to do but sit in the cell so imma send him some crossword puzzles. Question, do you know when they go to commissary. He said once a month but do you know when ?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-05-2019, 05:41 PM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
He just called me! We had a 20 minute call , he said they can only call once on Wednesday so I do have to wait till next week to talk to him again. He said the parole board will be there on the 11th, 12th, 24th and 25th I believe. I’m waiting on the PRB to email me back with the docket date that he’s under. He say they don’t have anything to do but sit in the cell so imma send him some crossword puzzles. Question, do you know when they go to commissary. He said once a month but do you know when ?
No I don’t. He’ll only be able to spend $15 when he goes though and only on hygiene. Send a package like priority mail w a bunch of magazines and books and stuff. They’ll get it to him quicker.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Meami1 Meami1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I’m sorry you’re going through this. My LO was sent back on a nonviolent violation (new case still pending). I’ve learned that you can’t predict what the parole board will do. Just depends on the board members that day. When my LO met with the PRB, the guy before him had a violent assault against his girlfriend and was let out. The best thing you can do is be there for him, but focus on what you need to do for yourself. You’ll drive yourself crazy trying to guess what will happen. Hope it all works out.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (06-10-2019), patchouli (06-10-2019)
  #15  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:29 AM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
I’m sorry you’re going through this. My LO was sent back on a nonviolent violation (new case still pending). I’ve learned that you can’t predict what the parole board will do. Just depends on the board members that day. When my LO met with the PRB, the guy before him had a violent assault against his girlfriend and was let out. The best thing you can do is be there for him, but focus on what you need to do for yourself. You’ll drive yourself crazy trying to guess what will happen. Hope it all works out.
I recall you posting about this on IPT. Have you been able to find anything else out? Or an attorney? The PRB kicked a bunch of guys with pending cases back out on parole until they’re resolved, I don’t understand why they didn’t do that for your LO!? They even told my husband they wouldn’t of violated him but becuz he took time on the new case they had no choice.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Meami1 Meami1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
I recall you posting about this on IPT. Have you been able to find anything else out? Or an attorney? The PRB kicked a bunch of guys with pending cases back out on parole until they’re resolved, I don’t understand why they didn’t do that for your LO!? They even told my husband they wouldn’t of violated him but becuz he took time on the new case they had no choice.
No, no help from lawyers on that. They said they would only be able to help if he had not waived his rights to a lawyer for PRB. He was manic at the time (of both the incident/arrest and the PRB meeting. It makes me sick just thinking that he got so screwed over on this. But at least when he’s done he’s done now.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-10-2019, 06:37 PM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
No, no help from lawyers on that. They said they would only be able to help if he had not waived his rights to a lawyer for PRB. He was manic at the time (of both the incident/arrest and the PRB meeting. It makes me sick just thinking that he got so screwed over on this. But at least when he’s done he’s done now.
Ahhh ok. Well at least he’s off paper when he gets out. I wish Jesse would be too, but yes have to do an additional 6 months and omg I would go mad with any more time!
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-10-2019, 11:28 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I don’t really know how the system works but from everyone I told his situation to says that the court will throw out this new case being that it was a petty amount of cocaine. I was feeling better about the situation until I read the new replies now I’m panicking again. I heard people with gun charges being released on parole and some
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 AM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
I don’t really know how the system works but from everyone I told his situation to says that the court will throw out this new case being that it was a petty amount of cocaine. I was feeling better about the situation until I read the new replies now I’m panicking again. I heard people with gun charges being released on parole and some
Don’t panic. Even if they don’t if he doesn’t take time on the case they won’t violate him. You’re cook county? They don’t really give a shit about small amounts, so stay hopeful.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 AM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yeah I’m in cook county. The court date getting closer and closer I just want him back home. I missed his weekly phone call which just adds to the distress
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Meami1 Meami1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Sorry, don’t stress. It’s out of your control. Just focus on you and getting ready for the baby. Focus on the positive. He’ll get home when he gets home. When they’re in NRC it’s the absolute hardest. Write letters and send books or magazines. My LO was in NRC for like 45 days. Sent him books and letters constantly. It cheers them up.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-11-2019)
  #22  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:05 PM
TrueeBlessingg TrueeBlessingg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quick question, do they change the days they allow them to make phone calls? Because he valledupar me last Wednesday but I had a missed call from him Sunday . I really hope I didn’t miss his weekly phone call
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 PM
Meami1 Meami1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

It’s usually once a week. When my LO was there it was on Tuesday but when they moved him to a different cell (still in NRC) it changed to Wednesday.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-12-2019, 10:33 AM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
Sorry, don’t stress. It’s out of your control. Just focus on you and getting ready for the baby. Focus on the positive. He’ll get home when he gets home. When they’re in NRC it’s the absolute hardest. Write letters and send books or magazines. My LO was in NRC for like 45 days. Sent him books and letters constantly. It cheers them up.
Receiving was the absolute worst. Especially at menard omg. Mine was therec57 days.
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-12-2019, 10:34 AM
jessesgirl1111 jessesgirl1111 is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 94
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueeBlessingg View Post
Quick question, do they change the days they allow them to make phone calls? Because he valledupar me last Wednesday but I had a missed call from him Sunday . I really hope I didn’t miss his weekly phone call
He’s at Stateville?
__________________
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
illinois, nrc, parole violation, statesville

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parole violation for absconding in Illinois, will they add time? GL25 Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 3 08-06-2017 04:03 PM
Parole violation & new 2-4 year sentence. How much time for violation in PA Pinkispretty31 Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service 1 11-27-2016 04:44 PM
awhol parole violation in Illinois aaburgess Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 0 01-05-2015 06:35 PM
Parole violation: Will he go back to prison or is he serving violation time mrsdodge1213 Probation, Parole & Supervision 2 02-10-2013 03:28 PM
Parole violation in Illinois need help A.S.A.P shorte1813 Prison & Criminal Legal Help! 1 04-03-2009 09:30 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics