Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Default Do all Federal prisoners get paid on same day? Weekly? Monthly?

Hi. Do all prisoners get paid on the same day and is it weekly or monthly?
Reason I'm asking is, I've noticed he goes quiet a few times a month and was wondering if he's too proud to say he's run out of funds. (He won't let me help him with that)
He's in Federal, if that makes any difference and in Missouri.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,825 Times in 4,499 Posts

Federal prisoners get 300 telephone minutes a month January to October and 400 a month in November and December and when the minutes are gone they are gone. The minutes renew monthly so he may have no phone minutes left. Corrlinks is unlimited but they are only allowed 20 minutes on the computer and they have to pay 5 cents a minute.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Federal prisoners get 300 telephone minutes a month January to October and 400 a month in November and December and when the minutes are gone they are gone. The minutes renew monthly so he may have no phone minutes left. Corrlinks is unlimited but they are only allowed 20 minutes on the computer and they have to pay 5 cents a minute.
Ah - I didn't know about the 20 minute thing, thanks. I tend to rattle of tons of stuff as he said not to worry about it and now you've said that it makes sense, why some of his replies are short.
Oh we rarely talk on the phone as he needs to call my mobile but he's just a pal, nothing more so it's not a problem.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Zanna For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,894 Times in 12,642 Posts

If you are asking about his pay from an inmate job, usually $10.00 to $20.00 a month, it is added to his inmate commissary account sometime near the 20th of the next month.

His monthly phone minutes and monthly commissary spending limit is refreshed to the next period on the same day each month (with no carryover of unused limits), the 5th number in his inmate ID#, xxxxX-xxx, times 3, plus one, so if his number is 6, he will get new limits on the 19th of each month.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:53 AM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Brilliant thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Zanna For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 AM

Thanked 1,591 Times in 802 Posts

They get unlimited computer (terminal) minutes/month but they can only be on the computer for 20 minutes at a time and then they have to wait a certain amount of time (I think it's half hour) before they can log back in and get another 20 minutes. It's sort of annoying but it is done that way to ensure everyone gets a chance and no lines create, etc. Where my husband was there were a lot of phone and computers and never a line, but of course, he would have to just sit and wait the 30 minutes and then go back on. Phone is the same way.

If he's going "dark" for a period of time and it's the same time every month, then yes it is likely he's running out of money or has used up all his phone minutes (300 total) for the month. As someone above said, the phone minutes don't expire on the last day of the month. It is tied to when they arrived and got their trulincs account set up.

As for getting paid, the pay they receive is so nominal it isn't going to make much of a dent as my husband had one of the higher paying jobs in education and I think he was lucky to make $26/month, but depending on the facility, I think if there is Unicor those jobs do pay a lot more.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Zanna (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:30 AM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Thanks and I am sorry I should have explained better - it's just Corrlinks. Only times we have spoken on phone is when he has asked to call me and then when I blocked his Corrlinks for him going quiet -he phoned to get a new email address. I am no fool trust me - been doing this over ten years and was introduced to it all be Elsa who you know from the ccard swaps.
Elsa was a one off - she married a guy so he could get into the country - not possible now with this Brexit shit going on.
Many thanks - it's my first |Federal penpal
Love You's !!!