Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 01-07-2018, 11:30 PM

Default He doesnt want plea / trial anymore. Updated: Plea on hold

Can "Q"(my fiance) say that dosent want to go to trial anymore?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 04:05 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,530 Times in 11,454 Posts

Yes, if he decides to either accept a plea bargain or plead guilty to the charges. It usually happens during a Change of Plea hearing.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:46 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,666 Times in 1,863 Posts

He can. BUT. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't just blurt this out in open court. He needs to relay his thoughts to his attorney and allow his attorney to facilitate a plea bargain. If there is something he would like to offer in mitigation in exchange for the plea, again, HE NEEDS TO RELAY THIS TO HIS ATTORNEY.

He could, of course, just blurt this all out and throw himself at the mercy of the court, too, but there won't be much his attorney can do for him at that point and he'll basically be subjected to whatever potential punishment a judge or prosecutor wants to offer in exchange for the plea. He won't have any leverage in that situation. So really, he shouldn't do that. He needs to talk to his attorney and go over his options.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
bellisq (01-21-2018), nimuay (01-08-2018), xolady (02-22-2018), yourself (01-08-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 01:36 PM

Default Dont wanna do trial!!!!

Hey guys I have a question my fiance is incarcerated and he has a case that they r charging him with he signed his papers for trial but he dont want to go through all that.Is it to late his PD said he already signed the papers so it's to late. Is that true?. Some please help!!!!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,763 Times in 10,754 Posts

It's never too late to take a plea. (Unless NJ has some quirky law; that's very uncommon.) People have come to agreement in the middle of a trial and the jury has been let go and the judge has accepted the plea.

It's his decision, right up until the jury speaks.
bellisq (01-21-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelove84 View Post
Hey guys I have a question my fiance is incarcerated and he has a case that they r charging him with he signed his papers for trial but he dont want to go through all that.Is it to late his PD said he already signed the papers so it's to late. Is that true?. Some please help!!!!
You're getting answers already, asking in more places than one isn't going to change those answers....here's the reality.

Unless he has exhausted all plea deals, then no, it's not too late.

BUT HE NEEDS TO TALK TO HIS LAWYER.

His lawyer will know, realistically, what can and can't be done at this point.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-11-2018), sidewalker (01-11-2018), xolady (02-01-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:59 PM

Default Thanks Yall

Im sorry guys thank you and Im learning how to work this so if I asked the question more than once I apologize Im just seeing this I was trying to reply to everyone but ended doing something else(lol) .But he did tell his PD and she said it was too late but his court trial date isn't until April 10 she came to visit him and told him she made a mistake with his trial plea so she have to bring him to court to sign papers over. But he dont wannabgo through all that nomore he just going cop out. But the first trial papers he had the judge never even signed them in the first place.Im overwhelmed but I know GOD got this!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truelove84 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (01-10-2018), patchouli (01-10-2018), xolady (02-22-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 11:06 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Im sorry guys thank you and Im learning how to work this so if I asked the question more than once I apologize Im just seeing this I was trying to reply to everyone but ended doing something else(lol) .But he did tell his PD and she said it was too late but his court trial date isn't until April 10 she came to visit him and told him she made a mistake with his trial plea so she have to bring him to court to sign papers over. But he dont wannabgo through all that nomore he just going cop out. But the first trial papers he had the judge never even signed them in the first place.Im overwhelmed but I know GOD got this!!!

If there was an issue with the paperwork then he could continue to press the point and ask her if the other side is still willing to work a plea bargain to avoid trial. Whether the offer would be any good or not, I donít know.

It could also be that the lawyer sees a path to acquittal. If thatís the case then it may be worth it to him to go to trial to try to win.

But I caution: thatís something his lawyer will know. Keep in mind though that she will give him the best defense possible in the event that it does go to trial. Itís her job.

The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-01-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 AM

Yes I understand what your saying but Im also feeling like at this point theres really nothing to do but continue to pray because some things or just out of our control and I'm not going to lose my mind tryna figure it out its up to GOD these situations can really weigh heavy on you and your family especially when theirs little ones involved
Old 01-11-2018, 01:45 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Yes I understand what your saying but Im also feeling like at this point theres really nothing to do but continue to pray because some things or just out of our control and I'm not going to lose my mind tryna figure it out its up to GOD these situations can really weigh heavy on you and your family especially when theirs little ones involved
Don't discourage praying at all. Praying is a source of comfort. Whether it works or not...well, I guess that depends on what you believe and who you ask.

But him talking to his attorney and going over what, if any, options he has. That is in his control. And it is possible that the attorney can still work a plea bargain.

What sort of charge is he facing?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
nimuay (01-11-2018), xolady (02-01-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 09:58 PM

Default Plea deal on hold

So "Q" was suppose to go to court today which he did to get his plea deal but his PD surprised "Q" ,the judge ,and the prosecuters and said that she wanted to put the plea deal on hold. Because apparently "Q" PD told him that the same cop that has been fabricating and putting false information on his name she found out that he was or is under investigation so she ask the judge can she put in a motion . So prayerfully this Cop will get exposed. So much has happen since "Q" been locked up feb.6 will be 22months for a made up parole violation (smh) hopefully after this charge is out the way the only thing we have to worry about is Parole..."Q" parole eligilbilty date is coming in June do we are praying this charge is out the way....I know GOD got this but Im still praying I need u guys to pray for us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truelove84 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-30-2018), xolady (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 09:23 AM

Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,887 Posts

Good luck with this!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 08:37 AM

[quote=missingdee;7692400]Don't discourage praying at all. Praying is a source of comfort. Whether it works or not...well, I guess that depends on what you believe and who you ask.

But him talking to his attorney and going over what, if any, options he has. That is in his control. And it is possible that the attorney can still work a plea bargain.

What sort of charge is he facing?[/QUOTE yes thank you] He is facing a distribute charge and possession
Old 02-01-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Good luck with this!!!
Thank u court on Monday....Prayers please💪🙏🙇
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truelove84 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-01-2018), missingdee (02-05-2018), xolady (02-01-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 02:46 AM

Default Update for "Q"!!!

He didn't have to go to trial..yayyy!!! He just took a plea they gave him time served.. parole eligilbilty date is coming june 5 2018... but parole came and seen him 2weeks prior already and asked what his charge was looking like so he told them he have to go to court which he got the news that they were going give him time served yesterday so they told him after court contact them to proceed with his parole hearing he still has to get refered to the panel though the guy said he cant promise him a date but it will be wise for him to handle this charge first, I mean at first for his parole violation they hit him the first time with a 12mnth hit the second a 14month hit prayerfully they wont hit him again and we also praying they approve him for Interstate compact 😢❤ so much to go through....Keep me and "Q" in yall prayers thanks yall!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to truelove84 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 03:13 AM
LET'S CHAT

Exclamation

Quote:
I would encourage my MAN if such was the case to talk with the PD by any means available Same goes and so forth with the compact

Last edited by joybubby; 02-22-2018 at 03:16 AM..