Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Virginia Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 09-26-2015, 01:22 AM

Default Convicted felon on probation, will I be approved to visit my husband?

my husband was transferred to nottoway correctional center in virginia. I am a convicted felon (non-violent), i was released from jail 6 months ago and i am on probation. i have since complied 100% with my probation, been taken off color code and im checking in once every 2 months. ive been promoted at work and im doing extremely well. i filled out the online application for visitation and wrote a letter to the warden at the facility and attatched a copy of our certified marriage license . im terrified they wont approve me. has anyone been through this in VA, specifically at nottoway? does anyone know how long approval will take, if granted? please please...i need some answers before i go crazy. I need to see my husband.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2015, 04:30 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,665 Times in 14,609 Posts

Here's what the VA DOC says about visitation in their policies:

Quote:
c. All former offenders, including those under supervision in the community, who are immediate family members should be considered visiting approval after at least six months on supervision.
d. The Operations Manager - Support will review requests on a case-by-case basis and may disapprove any former offender for a valid security reason.
e. The Visitor Registration Unit shall check VACORIS to determine if the former offender is on community supervision; offenders on active probation, parole, or post release supervision must receive advance approval to visit from the Operations Manager - Support after consultation with both the Facility Unit Head and the Chief P&P Officer.
f. A person currently under felony indictment may be restricted from visiting pending resolution of the felony charges.

Visiting Privileges

https://vadoc.virginia.gov/about/pro.../800/851-1.pdf

I hope this helps.....and I hope you are approved to visit

Welcome to PTO!

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
istrueblue (12-13-2015)
Old 02-24-2018, 12:45 AM

I was a convicted felon on probation and I was given permission to visit my husband at Petersburg federal medium and camp with no problem, I don't see why you should have a problem, good luck dear.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:11 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,665 Times in 14,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wook View Post
I was a convicted felon on probation and I was given permission to visit my husband at Petersburg federal medium and camp with no problem, I don't see why you should have a problem, good luck dear.
Federal and State are different. Each state's Statutes and Department of Corrections (DOC) may have slightly different laws /rules / policies whereas the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) have their own rules / policies and may very well be different from whatever state each facility is located in.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-24-2018)