Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:50 AM

Hi my bf called me this morning and has been emailing me. They were let out yesterday evening and this morning as well. I do know lines are long do to everyone wanting to call.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerwoman View Post
Hi klang,

I received an email this morning stating that as of today they are officially off of lockdown. The past three days being let out only for a few hours and the lines for phones and computers being very long. I would assume the lines are long today too. Hoping you receive word from your fiancée soon.
Thank you!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Donation Award 

Has anyone gone to visit yet after this lockdown? I would like to know what to expect. My husband told me they don't have hot water right now.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:24 AM

Has anyone spoke to their loved ones today?? I been paranoid since last lockdown
The Following User Says Thank You to gfermin For This Useful Post:
sunflowerwoman (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfermin View Post
Has anyone spoke to their loved ones today?? I been paranoid since last lockdown
Hi gfermin,

I have also not heard from my friend yet today. And I am also paranoid as you are since the last lockdown.

Hoping for the best.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:14 PM

Yes, my boyfriend called me at 7am and I received emails from him at 8:20am, 11:50am and 1:20pm today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewLeaf15 For This Useful Post:
gfermin (03-27-2018), sunflowerwoman (03-28-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerwoman View Post
Hi gfermin,

I have also not heard from my friend yet today. And I am also paranoid as you are since the last lockdown.

Hoping for the best.
My boyfriend is going to get transferred soon so I’m not sure if he did or what. Hopefully visitation stays open over the weekend
Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Donation Award 

Default ALERT!! In Coleman Med in May can't send books or cards

Hello everyone,
I am going to assume that everyone on this thread has someone in Coleman Med. My husband has told me that middle of May we can't send cards or books. They will only be able to buy books from the BOP at 30% markup. There will be changes in phone calls. There is probably more. It is already so hard to visit. Does anyone know who or what we can do concerning these injustices? Please let us all know. I will be hunting.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:35 AM

Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,887 Posts

My friend talked to her son who there yesterday, was not on lock down.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriannefl View Post
Hello everyone,
I am going to assume that everyone on this thread has someone in Coleman Med. My husband has told me that middle of May we can't send cards or books. They will only be able to buy books from the BOP at 30% markup. There will be changes in phone calls. There is probably more. It is already so hard to visit. Does anyone know who or what we can do concerning these injustices? Please let us all know. I will be hunting.
My boyfriend last night told me the same exact thing. There’s a memo that they placed regarding books and mail. Everything you stated is what he told me. He said that they can’t receive pictures anymore either which i was floored. How is that even possible? He did say also about the phone and emails. He said it will be moved from every 30 minutes you can call to one hour and the same for the computers. It’s absurd and i don’t know how the BOP would allow the no pictures allowed?
Old 03-30-2018, 01:53 PM
Donation Award 

Default ALERT! We are losing more

This is terribly upsetting, devastating! i hope more people will see this and respond. I must believe someone knows something we can do or who to contact. I am not real techy so don't know how to ask other prisons if the same thing is happening to them. If it is BOP or Coleman.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:00 PM

Hi my boyfriend just got transferred from Coleman Medium to Memphis FCI. I will ask him if the same thing is going on there and let you know. It is pretty upsetting.
gloriannefl (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriannefl View Post
Hello everyone,

This is the info I received from my friend "we got a memo today, listing a bunch of new changes, restrictions that will come about by May 17th. All envelopes/mail coming in have to be in white-colored envelopes only. Same with any and all pages within the envelopes. And pictures have to be black-and-white, no color. And the mail will have to be unscented, no perfume. Also, books can't be ordered anymore from people from the outside and sent in. They can only be ordered by us through the Trulinks system, which is the same system for emailing. But, regarding this last part, they're going to place a 30% markup on all books ordered. So if we want to order books, we'll only be able to use whoever they use to order them, and they'll charge us extra to place a book order. "
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunflowerwoman For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-30-2018), gloriannefl (03-30-2018), xolady (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,530 Times in 11,454 Posts

Mark up an already marked up book an additional 30%, that's the bop (bureau of profit?) at work. It will also allow them to further censor what their prisoners are allowed to read, which is probably a big reason for all the changes from the new director.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Donation Award 

Yep, someone will be making money. Since these changes aren't "cruel and unusual" punishment, it isn't breaking the 8th amendment. This is the only 'right' federal prisoners have so I don't see what we can do.
After researching all day, I do agree the new BOP director has been busy making changes. The families and loved ones don't matter. If anyone finds out something we can do or petition, please let us know.
The Following User Says Thank You to gloriannefl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 05:45 AM

I spoke to my BF who got transferred last week from Coleman Medium to Memphis. He said that it is not happening in his location he said there was a lot of changes that were soon to happen before he got transferred. I’ll let you all know if anything changes in his location in the future. Even though it’s further for me to visit I’m glad he is out of that place.
fbopnomore (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 07:26 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfermin View Post
I spoke to my BF who got transferred last week from Coleman Medium to Memphis. He said that it is not happening in his location he said there was a lot of changes that were soon to happen before he got transferred. I’ll let you all know if anything changes in his location in the future. Even though it’s further for me to visit I’m glad he is out of that place.
Thank you for letting us know. From what I am coming to understand, there is a new drug that can hide in colors. So, cards and pictures can carry it into prison through the mail. The prison system is just upholding the law and also protecting our loved ones. It is so sad that bad people destroy the little we have to share with our loved ones but it is what it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to gloriannefl For This Useful Post:
sunflowerwoman (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 04:42 PM

I received an email a couple of hours ago that they were about to be locked down again. ��☹️��☹️
Old 03-31-2018, 05:08 PM
Donation Award 

Email at 5:30 from my husband said false alarm on lockdown. Of course, that can change in a minute.