Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:53 PM

Unhappy "Boyfriend" in prison...it's been two weeks and I haven't received mail

Hello everyone.

I am kind of at a loss. I am not the type of girl to post online looking for answers but I have completely run out of alternatives.

Long story short...I met this guy about 3 months ago. And we instantly hit it off. Like we were inseparable. When we met I knew he was on federal probation. So we started spending every day together. And quickly became attached to one another. (I mean he would come over and have breakfast with my MOM. Super sweet.)

But a label was never put on our relationship. But the bottom line was that he was not seeing anyone else and I was not either, and that fact was out in the open.

He went to RCC for breaking his probation about two weeks ago...(due to him lying to his officer about where he was at...and I am not sure if it is known that he may have been with me when he wasn't supposed to be...)

I know nothing about what's going on except what facility he is at and his release date. I got a text from his friend explaining he was back in prison and that is all I have heard. I have none of his family's contact information... His friend said he gave him my mailing address. (This was all about two weeks ago).

So is it normal that it's been two weeks and I haven't received mail or anything? I called RCC and asked for the mailing address (I have his inmate #) but they never returned my call. But I know at a lot of facilities you have to wait for the inmate to contact you first.

I'm just really confused. Am I overanalyzing? Or could he be making a conscious decision to not contact me? How long does it usually take? How do I get on a visiting list? He is about 3 hours away from where I live but I would be willing to make a drive.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. I am clueless. All I know is that I am not doing so hot.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2014, 04:49 PM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

It is not at all uncommon for persons returning to custody not to have access to writing materials and/or postage right away. Not being involved with federal work on any regular basis, I have no idea whether RCC is a regular facility, a holding center or some sort of regional jail that happens to hold fed probationers pending a hearing, but you would likely be able to google their mailing address for inmate mail. Alternately, his BOP number ought to pull up a current address through their online locator...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Peppermoose (05-18-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Hi, I don't know how things work for federal facilities, but you should try calling the general number for the facility and trying the different directory options they give you, for example if they have a mail room you can look to see if they can give you his mailing address and send him a letter and/or writing materials. You can also see if that facility has an ombudsman phone number, they can probably get some of your questions answered or they will direct you to whom you can speak to. Hopefully someone else here knows of that facility you are asking about.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:41 PM

Can you contact his probation officer? Or call that friend that texted you so that you can find out his families' contact information.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Hey there.. Since your LO is in federal custody, you should be able to locate him through the bop inmate locator. It will tell you where he is at, and also allow for you to get the mailing address for the facility.

It is possible that when he returned to prison (due to the violation) that he was sent to the SHU, while the wait for his hearing. It is also possible that he hasn't been able to write you as he does not have stamps or stationary, nor does he have money on his account to buy such supplies..

Once he is established inside again, he will be able to set you up on his call list, and send you visit form as well.. The process of being processed through BOP can take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the facility, his charges, the hearing, holidays, and how quickly the COs decide to work..

FBOP has alot of possibilities, as they are sooo inconsistent in their actions, policies, rules and regs.. But tis the life we lead when we love a federal inmate
Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 PM

We contacted each other! He had been trying to contact me the entire time! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!