Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Question Flying to Canadian County, Oklahoma Jail for Visit

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and to the whole inmate thing. I've never know anyone to be arrested let along in jail so this is all uncharted territory for me.

My inmate is locked up in Canadian County Jail in El Reno, Oklahoma. I'll be flying from the West coast next month to visit him.

I called the jail and was told visiting hours are on Saturdays from 8-11am and 1-4pm. I asked if I need to do anything else like register or request visitation and I was told no.

My question is, do any of you know if we have a time limit? Could we visit the entire time (8-11 and again from 1-4)? Will it be through a window or will we be able to hug/touch/hold hands?

Considering I'll be booking flights, transportation and a hotel, I'm trying to coordinate the best I can.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,466 Times in 13,488 Posts

I don't have the answer for you, but the Sheriff does have a detention division that is in charge of the 137 prisoner (small population !) jail. Their web page has a "contact us" link where you may be able to find out how long, and how often, you can visit.
http://www.ccsheriff.net/div_jail.asp

Many times, if you let them know you have traveled a long distance, there is less chance that you will have to leave early if visitation is overcrowded. Have a great visit.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM

Thank you. I've spent hours searching the websites and have ended up calling a couple times to ask questions. I don't want to be annoying and get on the "ugh, she's calling again" list. I just don't know what to be asking and end up having more questions than I did before I called :-/

I'm excited and just want everything to go smoothly.

Part of me wants it to be a surprise for him. I'll be in Oklahoma for a conference and will be staying an extra day to make this work. Have any of you kept your visit a secret from your inmate?
The Following User Says Thank You to Buggles07 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-03-2014)