Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Red face Who to contact at DOC so husband can pull chain in Oklahoma

Hey I'm needing some advice/Help anything at the moment.
My husband is currently in jail, waiting to pull chain or get transferred to prison. His sentence isn't very long He only supposed to do 2 years max. The sooner he can get to prison the faster he can come home to his kids and me :/
He'll be in their a year next month on the 28th of Feb. People that have similar crimes or have been in their shorter or the same amount of time he has have broken chain and have been transferred. One reason is because their family has harassed the DOC here in Oklahoma. But I don't even know how to go about doing this
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Donation Award 

Start by calling the county jail and then Lexington this might help. A yr in county seems awful long. Of course they won't tell you when he'll move but this might help him move Or Call DOC I think there in OKC
Old 01-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 19,189 Times in 7,443 Posts

Your question was better suited to the Oklahoma forums, so I moved it here for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
annadelozier93 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM

I can try that. My husband also says I can write a letter to the director of DOC. I dont even know what I would put in my letter
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Donation Award 

That he's been sitting for a yr now in county HAVE THEY FORGOT HIM ? I'd also send it ceft return rect. So they can't say they never rec'd anything. I say some along lines of are they holding him for extra money from DOC being they are the ones who pay for his keep and why has he NOT been moved by now?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 PM

They make money on the inmates :/ pretty much it doesn't matter what we think out here. Its rather depressing. Even if I make a fit about it, it may delay his transfer even more.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:37 AM

What's his original sentence?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 AM

Its 10 years 2 years in and 8 probation.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annadelozier93 View Post
Its 10 years 2 years in and 8 probation.
That's crazy! My husbands sentence is 2 years in and 7 out. It'll be 3 months on the 20th of this month. I pray it's doesn't take a year to pull him. What county is your husband in?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 AM

He's in Ponotoc county...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM

Default Still in County

My husband is still in County. Why does it have to take so Damn long??
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Donation Award 

Start pushing! Call Call Call, heck I go as far as the judge whom sentenced him, your right there collecting there money!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,662 Times in 16,913 Posts

I don't know about OK specifically, but I do know that the DOC in general does what they want when they want. In ky, an inmate is to be moved to a DOC prison within 90 days after sentencing. Doesn't matter how long they've been in county going through court.....and they often take longer than the 90 days anyway. Plus, any inmate with a sentence of less than 5 years will do their sentence in a DOC approved county jail

Its been my experience that the more noise you make, the more transfers before finally getting prison. Last bid My Mr was moved to 3 different county facilities before getting to prison. UGH!

Breathe!!! If he's been sentenced, the time in county will count off his sentence...its just harder time for him than prison

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Default How it was.. at least in 99

Until he is transferred to the Lexington Assessment and Reception Center, he is earning extra time. For every 30 days, he is getting an extra 22 days of credit. Small counties do not drop inmates off as often as large counties and being that the current prison system in Oklahoma is overpopulated (109%), it takes them a lot longer. You can write or call anyone you wish, but I do not believe it will help. They usually cite "Security" issues as to the reason they cannot tell you when. I will pray it is soon. County is the worst time he will do.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:50 PM

No, they will never tell you when exactly the transfer will take place, but I know in Georgia the average wait was 6 to 9 months. There is no rhyme or reason to how they do what they do, except for having available bedspace. I went after six. I would think that the time served in county counts toward his sentence as mine did, but I am not familiar with the law in that state.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Donation Award 

They won't tell you but as long as he 's sitting in county he gets 2 for 1 days but they won't count till he gets to AR, and he should roll out of there at least a level from what I here. As far as getting him move I raise cane with DOC send e/mail's so you have a copy, Keep records of everything, send e/mail to the jail, they may be holding him to collect the money, if he had a attorney, Id get him//her to push too. Doc you need to call population and the head guy, you might even see about filing a grievance. PUSH PUSH PUSH!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:38 AM

If he's getting two for one in county then he should be about to be released if he's done a year in county and only had a two year sentence. In Georgia, you could get two for one, but it was only for county time, not state, meaning if you were sentenced to the county jail instead of sent off to prison.