Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:58 PM
º»¹³ missing him ¹³«º
Donation Award 

damn you guys can't buy your mans shoes?? they have to order them?? ohh wow ... well then i guess my man is lucky he is where hes at (MCC) ... the only thing about the shoes is that they can't have any metal on them ...

by the way ... so does buying books for them count as a package?? hmm .. i don't think they do because you know it's the same as a magazine and stuff you know ... hm ... i will ask my man what's up with that ...

Trust me ...
I'm the one that keeps my own head up
HES FINALLY HOME
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
athome2010

Default Thanks

Thank you for the help. He is supposed to call today so I will wait to see if he got the clothes or not. If he didn't I will call AHCC tomorrow. Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Kitty Loving Member
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO! Concerning the packages, every prison is different. At some prisons the guys can receive both a quarterly package and the Christmas food package. As for books, at all of the places my guy has been, he can receive books any time. Since where he is now he gets either the quarterly or the food, he's chosen the quarterly (he needs shoes and underwear) and I will send him books for Christmas. I just found out, though, that there is a new matrix at Monroe and the visiting sargeant said that all of the prisons have new ones. So everyone will want to check that out before sending the next quarterly package.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:10 PM

i just found out the deadline for micc to get the meat packages is this saturday!! the packages have to be there by then. it's too late now to order anything because it won't go out until next week. is there any way they might move that date until later?????
Old 12-16-2007, 10:15 AM

BOOKS do not count against a quarterly package or holiday package. Inmates, at AHCC MSU, can receive several (2-3) books per week. Books must come direct. You can't go buy them and send them. I use Amazon.com. There are several others too but that's just my preference.

In order to send shoes, they would have to be included in your quarterly package. ONE shipment counts as the package. Everything else would have to wait until the next quarter. (I've never sent a quarterly package. His mom always did that.) Unlike the books, you can create the quarterly package yourself. There are MANY restrictions including how much the entire box can weigh.

The Christmas package is strictly separate and can be received within the quarter in ADDITION to the quarterly package and the allotted books. (I've also never sent a food package, but I know that my inmate received ALL three packages during the month of December.)
Old 12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
athome2010

Default Thanks

Thanks JustSteph that was very helpful. And thank you to all others. He did get the clothes although some were rejected (too dark) and he had to send back (cost him 8 bucks---UGGHHH---now I have to send him money to replace that). I don't know yet about the Christmas package I assume he will get it this week. Thanks again.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:03 PM

You're welcome! And woohoo for getting SOMETHING in. You'll know better for next time now too Eventually you get the hang of it....and then they will change it again.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Kitty Loving Member
Donation Award 

Although at some prisons the guys can receive all three packages, at Monroe (where my guy is right now) they can get books anytime but cannot receive both the quarterly package and the food package from us. It's either one or the other. My guy preferred getting shoes and slacks to food so that's what he's getting. And some books, which are his real Christmas present because he doesn't know they're coming (I think they arrived today - I can't wait to hear!)

Old 07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Dwelshs Big Sis

Default Questions about Quarterly Packages

okay so i have a whole bunch of questions
and thank you for replying in advance...lol

i was wondering about the quarterly packages, and the christmas package, when can they be sent? and what all can be sent? as i said in my previous post, my brother is in AHCC. i did post about an online commisary site, but thus far no-one has heard anything about anything like that. so im assuming nothing like that exists....i did check out that, accesscatalog.com site. is that ligit? and are the things on there that you can choose to send, okay to send?

and as far as a cd player goes and cd's, can i send him one that i bought/buy or do i have to purchase one from amazon.com/walmart.com?

alright thats enough for now...any advice/help, would be appreciated. its hard for us, because he is in Washington, we are in Pennsylvania...very hard, but he has roughly about 7 years to go...and we are hoping for an early release, or to get moved back to PA.

thanks.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
just a baby mamma

Thanked 1,131 Times in 627 Posts

yes accesscatalog.com is legit, we got his shoes from there, where mine is at they have a list of stuff they can order like cd players etc.
maybe you can call AHCC and ask for properties and they will be able to tell you what you can order. At Stafford you can send him books and cd's
let me see if i can find anyone on here that at has a loved one at AHCC
Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Dwelshs Big Sis

Exclamation AHCC Question re Inmate property

Question...
I know that new quarterly packages started yesterday for the new quarter, however. Anyone have someone @ AHCC that can help me out with some info....like how many pairs of pants he can have? Shirts? What about shoes, i found a site that u can buy shoes online, instead of sending him money to buy his own, but does that work @ AHCC?

Thanks.

Sue

Old 09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Account Closed

My hubby is at Airway Heights and I'm locating the info now. I sat it down and now it is buried LOL
Tosha
Old 09-03-2008, 01:46 AM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelsh'sbigsis View Post
Question...
I know that new quarterly packages started yesterday for the new quarter, however. Anyone have someone @ AHCC that can help me out with some info....like how many pairs of pants he can have? Shirts? What about shoes, i found a site that u can buy shoes online, instead of sending him money to buy his own, but does that work @ AHCC?

Thanks.

Sue
These are the apporved vendors:
Approved Clothing and Shoe Vendors
Access SecurePak
King Size Big Men WalkenhorstBust The MoveLL Bean Mike's Better Shoes J L Marcus Sierra Trading Post JC Penney Union Supply

I think it does, and if you want I can call there and find out. It is a local call for me.

Last edited by Temeron0926; 09-03-2008 at 01:50 AM..
Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 AM

hey grl my mans there too on the package they can have 2 pair of jeans no more than $40 bucks for them and shirts they can have 3 no more than $25 bucks i dont if you know but the colors have to me all light color this place is real strict the shoes you can buy online and send them to him or buy them ur self and send them thats wat my man told me....
Old 12-22-2018, 08:52 PM

Default Quarterly Packages, 2018 style

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Hi Puvah... My husband is also at Airway Heights. I have sent him 2 pairs of Levis with no problems. The guidlines he sent me don't even mention the 4 pocket rule.... where did you see that? Do you have the guidlines specific to AHCC, or just the general DOC stuff? You will want a copy of the rules specific to Airway Heights if you don't already have them.

Welcome to PTO!!
Is this still the rule? I haven't read anywhere that we at home, can make up a package or buy from walmart.com, etc.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
Old 12-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,054 Times in 3,527 Posts

Things have changed a lot since this post was first written in 2005. You may want to call Union Direct to get your answers, as they will know what's allowed in the packages and what is not. I seem to recall that several years back, they stopped allowing clothing in the packages, but can't swear to it (I may be remembering a different state).

You definitely want to keep an eye on the personal property matrix. You can find those rules here: https://www.doc.wa.gov/corrections/i...d/packages.htm Scroll down to "Package Contents" and then look in the "Maximum allowable personal property matrix" that applies to you.

Good luck and please let us know what you find out!

Gin