Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:32 PM

Default Interstate Compact Transfer California to Idaho

Hello PT Friends,

My name is Andrea. I moved out here to Idaho while my boyfriend was in prison and now he is out in California. Just recently he put in a request for an Interstate Compact Transfer so he can be with us. I sent him a letter to give his probation officer stating I would be responsible for him and my electric bill as proof of address. He has paid the $188 fee to start the request. Probation notified him that it would be approximately 90 days. So with all that what should I expect on my end? How does the the process work to get approved? Do people even get approved? He and I aren't married yet but we have 5 kids together and we been a couple for 10 years. Idk. I'm so nervous. Any info anyone has please feel free to pass my way. I would really appreciate it anything at all. Thank you so much for time. Have a blessed day.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2019, 08:13 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,633 Times in 16,904 Posts

Hi Agomez1409, welcome to PTO Interstate Compact is usually to a family member's residence....since you aren't married, you aren't "family." I'm not sure how it'll work with the kids being his, but are minors Hopefully someone will be along that has an answer. I hope it works out for your family and he is Home soon!

Here is a link to the IC webpage with all the rules & what not:

http://www.interstatecompact.org/

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-30-2019, 05:35 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,434 Times in 13,471 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. There is much information about the Interstate Compact parole transfer process available online. Some transfers are "mandatory", so if he can qualify that will increase your chances for approval. Google "ICAOS".