Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Thanked 3,193 Times in 880 Posts
Default Any other prison closings?

other than Meckenburg are they talking about closing any other prisons in the next couple of years?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szcunane
other than Meckenburg are they talking about closing any other prisons in the next couple of years?
I havent heard of any other prisons closing, but who knows what may happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to imnluv For This Useful Post:
szcunane (03-27-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 AM
God gave me you

Close em all.

[/url]

Want to make God Laugh? Tell him your plans.

Always
The Following User Says Thank You to Damask8 For This Useful Post:
szcunane (03-27-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 6,456 Times in 3,301 Posts

There really is no telling right now, if I remember right the last time they closed prisons it was decided during budget meetings. When and if the DOC starts seeing a budget they have to start making drastic cuts. In the middle of all this the PA inmates came to VA and kind of saved our inmates much worse cuts, now that they are gone....I am wondering how they are going to reconcile the loss of income!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Default made me smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney13 View Post
Close em all.

your reply cracked me up - -I agree close them all - send them home - -okay, I'd even take my son home with a monitor, I'd agree to house him, feed him, take care of his medical expenses . . .think of all the money that would save the state . .

think we can start a petition? maybe I should run for office
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szcunane For This Useful Post:
Jenn22405 (04-02-2012), thenewmrskdj (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szcunane View Post
your reply cracked me up - -I agree close them all - send them home - -okay, I'd even take my son home with a monitor, I'd agree to house him, feed him, take care of his medical expenses . . .think of all the money that would save the state . .

think we can start a petition? maybe I should run for office
I agree with you 100%. I wish they would let me bring my husband home and even on a monitor would be great. He would be one less inmate to worry about. That way we could save both the state and me some money.

The Following User Says Thank You to thenewmrskdj For This Useful Post:
szcunane (04-20-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 PM
God gave me you

The state would actually lose money - well- sorta. All our tax dollars go together into one pool- which are then distributed among all the departments within the state- this is called the dreadful "budget". The states budget for doc, criminal justice, police, courts, jails, probation, ect. All of public safety together holds the most amount of money from the state- and alot of that going to jobs. If our guys weren't bad, had gotten caught n locked up/ then a whole lot of people would be out of work. Haven't you ever wondered why the "customer service" aspect of prison doesn't make sense!? Its because they really do not want our men to truly in a whole succeed in the real world- they want them to come Back to prison - they need offenders to violate probation and go back to prison in order to keep their jobs, so they don't make it easy for them to live, work or adapt to society. The more bad guys we have- the bigger the budget will stay for money from the state tax dollars- c'mon people- why is va one of the hardest states to even allow an interstate compact ? They don't want to get rid of the bad guys bc the more they keep the more money they'll receive.

[/url]

Want to make God Laugh? Tell him your plans.

Always
Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney13 View Post
The state would actually lose money - well- sorta. All our tax dollars go together into one pool- which are then distributed among all the departments within the state- this is called the dreadful "budget". The states budget for doc, criminal justice, police, courts, jails, probation, ect. All of public safety together holds the most amount of money from the state- and alot of that going to jobs. If our guys weren't bad, had gotten caught n locked up/ then a whole lot of people would be out of work. Haven't you ever wondered why the "customer service" aspect of prison doesn't make sense!? Its because they really do not want our men to truly in a whole succeed in the real world- they want them to come Back to prison - they need offenders to violate probation and go back to prison in order to keep their jobs, so they don't make it easy for them to live, work or adapt to society. The more bad guys we have- the bigger the budget will stay for money from the state tax dollars- c'mon people- why is va one of the hardest states to even allow an interstate compact ? They don't want to get rid of the bad guys bc the more they keep the more money they'll receive.
sad but true . . .