Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,027 Times in 7,142 Posts
Default The Summertime Joys, Concerns and Prayer Request Circle....

Summer is in full swing and time now for a new thread

If you need a prayer/good thought/healing energy(or whatever term your faith or tradition embraces) put it here.

If you have a joy that you want to briefly share, here's the spot.

This is for all denominations and traditions.
There will be no debating of whose truth is "right".
This won't be a good place for asking questions about the details of one another's religious/spiritual practices, just a shady, sheltered spot for dropping your cares and counting your blessings.

On a practical level, this will be a bit like the "chitchat" threads in other forums- each season (assuming this proves to be a good idea ) a new circle will be started and the previous thread closed.
The biggest difference between this and the other limited time threads is that this will focus entirely on our joys and concerns (Somewhat like the prayer request thread) rather than being a catch all for any and all subjects. It will be, maybe, a bit overmoderated for a while to ensure that we get in the habit of NOT using it as a "chitchat" or Q&A(I sure hope that made sense)

There will be changes, no doubt, as we go along and I'd absolutely welcome feedback by private message if you have suggestions for making this a welcoming, useful spot for sharing those matters that want sharing but don't quite want a thread of their own.

"Now summer is in flower and natures hum
Is never silent round her sultry bloom
Insects as small as dust are never done
Wi' glittering dance and reeling in the sun
And green wood fly and blossom haunting bee
Are never weary of their melody
Round field hedge now flowers in full glory twine
Large bindweed bells wild hop and streakd woodbine
That lift athirst their slender throated flowers
Agape for dew falls and for honey showers
These round each bush in sweet disorder run
And spread their wild hues to the sultry sun."
- John Clare, June

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 10:27 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

I haven't checked into this area of PTO for a while, as it has been quiet. But, figure I'd stop by and update what's been going on with me. I moved July 1st to Kansas....and HATE. IT! Ugh... m'love better love me forever, for all the stuff I'm dealing with here. My car broke down en route, so I no longer have a vehicle....so, now I'm trying to find a job AND a car. And, apparently, since I'm considered a "student" (although I'm not currently enrolled in classes, yet), I'm not eligible for food stamps unless I'm working at least 20 hours a week.

On a good note though, I rented a car last week (had to, in order to learn my way around, and get to the DMV and the Assistance office, etc)...and decided to follow through with my plan to visit m'love. I know some would think/say it was foolish, a waste of money, immature, etc....but I really NEEDED to see him, after the week I had. And, alhamdulilah (praise be to Allah), even though I am still stressed, I don't feel as low or nearly as stressed, as I did before the visit. Seeing him really helped me relax some, and it was worth it.

Anyways...that's my update. Hope everyone is having a better beginning to Summer than I am...lol.

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Old 07-21-2012, 04:18 AM

Default Prayers for person that testified against my bf

So we of coarse have known for the last 15 yrs that he was innocent but recently we were informed by a main testifying witness that they were threatened and clearly coerced! as result my bf and a fam member of this person were convicted to 25tolife for a crime neither commited. I ask for prayer because I cant imagine what it took to come forward knowing it will not benefit her fam member in anyway, to say thank you sounds like a ridiculous understatement... sending many many blessings their way
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyBookins For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (07-21-2012), Lisa Jeanne (07-30-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Question My Husband and I need prayers

Hello everyone.. I havent been on here in a while due to some major things happening with my husband and I, Yesterday we got news that after waiting four years his clemensy hearing was denied. My husband has been in prison almost 19 yrs and we just got married 2 months ago. My heart is breaking and PTO is the only support I have, I am tfying to br strong for me and our kids and i just cant I feel like the only hope I had is gone now,, yet he still remains strong in faith tht he will be home..
I ask that yall please pray for us and any suggestions on wht i can do to make it easier i am willimg to listen.. thamks a million pto family

Old 07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Patienly waiting for 2016
Donation Award 

Default Prayers Needed

I hope I'm posting in the correct section!
This post has nothing to do with my inmate.. But I'm asking if you can keep my grandfather in your prayers today. He was admitted into a hospital in FL. (and I'm in NY) he had a hard time breathing yesterday and they found 4 blood clots (2 on his lungs and 2 near his shoulder) I'm so worried about him and his health. Here's a man that's beaten cancer, 2 heart attack's, has had 7 stents placed and just recently surgery on his shoulder! He's such a great person. He did a lot of time in Federal Prison years ago, when he got out he was on the board of directors for AA and went and did all the meetings in the local prisons. He's helped a lot of men just like our loved ones. So if you all can keep him in your prayers today I'd truly appreciate it!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:19 AM

Red face Need prayers, good thoughts and fingers crossed!!

So I talked to a lady from the parole board today and she said the board has my babes file and she will know tomorrow weather he will have just a release date or a parole hearing at the end of this month! Ladies please please pray that when I call I will have a release date! The thought of possibly knowing he might have a release date tomorrow is enough to kill me!!! Thank you so much ladies!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Prayers Please : )

Hi Everyone!!
Just wanted to take a minute and ask for a favor...would like to ask for prayers. I'm not going to go into the whole, long story- but my MWI and I currently only have non-contact visits. He was told in February to write again in August and they would make a decision on whether we could have regular visits...so we've both written our letters...and now waiting- we would love to have as many people as possible in our corner praying for us. It's been over a year now since I've been able to touch my babe and of course would love to have a kiss.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Talking

You got it girl. Sending the best most positive stuff I've got!
The Following User Says Thank You to NurseL720 For This Useful Post:
ryansbabe11 (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Sending prayers your way!!

He's been home since April 18-2013!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to klmg For This Useful Post:
ryansbabe11 (08-11-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 AM

Red face say a little prayer for me

Tomorrow the man of my dreams has his master hearing. Please pray for me and my family that he gets to here with me and our two baby girls. I know God will do whatever he thinks is best for us. Thank you
Old 08-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Account Closed

Default Please, Pray for Paul and I

I would like to ask the communities of Lakewood, California and surrounding areas to pray for a old friend of mine, who is originally from Florida. My friend's name is Paul and I have known, Paul, since I was fourteen and in High School. We exchanged letters for more than three years while he was serving time in Floride in the late 1990s. I stopped writing not because I no longer cared, I cared and yet I was having a hard time with depression.
I believe it was in September of 2005 that I showed up to a court hearing and visited him at a correctional facility. I became angry with him, after I learned what he wanted to do in return for my effort to be kind to him. I am sure, Paul did not give any consideration as to how emotioally challenging it may have been for me to visit him at a correctional facility of all places.
I had to stop hanging around the people, i know who use drugs maybe a little more than a year after I last saw him, before it was the end of me. I am writing this message at the moment and Paul like so many others in my past does not know how easily I could just as well have passed away at this time. As I had an officer stop me in the fall of 2007 and pull his gun on me without legitimate cause. I truly believe that I am only here today, because I remained calm with the officer standing outside my car door with his gun aimed at my head and managed to convince him that he should put the gun down.
My experience with the officer was traumatizing for me as I imagine it would be for most people and I most certainly don't need more trauma in my life at this time though, I sometimes think it would help me to be able to talk with someone like Paul about my experience with the officer, knowing that people like Paul who have served time in a correctional facility are the most likely to understand something like this. My mother certainly doesn't, as she often laughs, when I tell her how I feel about the police now days. I do not encourage Paul to contact me, unless he straightens out his life and learns to treat his friends with respect.
I wish for the information of those who know Paul that, I did not feel the way I do about him. I doubt that he is going to change.
My prayer for Paul is that he will stop doing things that we all know are harmful to his health and learn to treat the people he knows with respect. Please, remember me in your prayers,and pray that I will overcome the things that have happened to me in the last 7 years and get over my anger.

Last edited by Anne Morris 87; 08-18-2012 at 11:32 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 AM

Default Prayers for my babe

My babe is taking his GED test today at 7:30 am It's 2 parts. He takes part 1 today Wednesday and part 2 Thursday. I am so happy he is getting it accomplished. Just asking that you stand in prayer and support with me. When he took the pre-GED he got a 2770 and needed a 2200.. They said the pre test is harder who knows. But all the support we Get is much needed. Thank you and God Bless
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 AM
One Day at a time! <3

Wish him luck from us over here in Canada GL!!!
and wisdom to know the difference.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Donation Award 

All the best!! Lord knows, it's a milestone for so many incarcerated individuals.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Wrong is right this time

Definitely sending prayers & positive energy his way!

He's got this!

Boy I'm calling dibs on your lips, on your kiss, on your time
Boy I'm calling dibs on your hands, on your heart all mine

Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 AM

Thanked 1,916 Times in 949 Posts

He's in my prayers!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 AM

Thank You. I'm waiting for him to call to tell me about it. One more part then we have to wait 4-6 weeks for the results..
Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanked 1,389 Times in 395 Posts
Default I hate asking for prayers but really need them this week

For myself, my daughter and my son...
He is being sentenced on his second charge MOnday the 10th... Then he will be shipped out. I am so scared... He is facing 10 yrs in addition to the 34 months he has already been sentenced. This judge is known to be leniant and the attorney is confident that he wont do much more time... I am prepared for the worst but PRAYING for the best..
And to top it off his birthday is this week...22 years ago I gave birth to a son who is now in prison... I NEVER thought that I would say that...
I am dreading seeing him Monday because I just want to hold him and tell him it will be ok... That everything is going to be ok...
My daughter and I get to see him tomorrow for our whole 15 minute visit through glass.. She needs to see him to tell him good bye for now because once he is sentenced off he goes to wherever... I have NO CLUE where he is going to go or what is going to happen to him... and he admitted last night that he was scared... He cried and cried... And I just wanted to hold him and tell him it was ok but I cant... This is one fear I can not conquer for him...
God help me get through this week!!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 PM

Thinking of you - I hope you receive the outcome you are hoping for! Be strong
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM

We Moms are tough, nothing can get us down, we can jump over any hurdle life throws our way. So I know you will jump over this hurdle and go on with life. We wish we could wrap our children in cocoons and keep them safe but we can't. Speaking for myself, prayer is very powerful and without prayers from everyone, I couldn't have made it this far. You are not alone, we have traveled the same roads. We understand what you are going through. You'll be in my prayers. Peace be with you.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:08 AM

Default need pray!!!!!!!

Hello lady's I want to vent n gets something's off my chest me n my husband got married in may by proxy n we only seen each other but once since we got married n it looks like we wont be seening each other until next yr n it really taking a toll on me in dis whole yr we only seen each other twice cause he stay in so much trouble I dnt wont to give up but its to much I love him n it is until death do us apart but he n I need pray for better days

Mrs' Hawkins
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Counting Down The Days
Donation Award 

Default Need prayers / Fiance may have disease attacking his liver

So my fiance called this morning saying that he quit his kitchen job because he has been having problems with his knee and ankle. He said it was dark purple, more than a bruise. And he had no feeling in it. Well he went to health services and when he called tonight he told me this, it either has something to do with frost bite which he got a few years ago and would be nothing serious,... or he has a disease which instead of his immune system preventing and helping his body from disease , its killing him and attacking his liver. He has blood tests done tomorrow or next week. All I know is, I'm a mess.

So if I could get prayers or whatever your higher power is it would be appreciated, a lot.

Thanks. I just needed to vent, I'm the only one who knows and he doesn't want me telling anyone til he knows for sure, not even his family. So I needed to share with PTO. I'm a emotional mess
:'(

Last edited by MnNice; 09-21-2012 at 10:03 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Lord I ask tht u guide her husband heal him father let everything be okay in your name I pray amen

Mrs' Hawkins
Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 AM

Default Prayers for my cousin

We received the phone call no one would ever want to receive about a loved one. Got a call last night cousin was assaulted and found in his cell unconscious. No one knows who did it that's real sad. He comes from a family that believes in God and we have been praying for him to come out of surgery okay. So for all of those in the prison talk family please pray for him that he will make it (-: thank you.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:01 AM

He will just keep the faith I'm praying for him

Mrs' Hawkins
Closed Thread