Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,836 Times in 1,601 Posts

But do you know what time of day it updates?? If it is random.. They must do that intentionally.. Cruel! How DOC..
Fridyrr.Likn (04-10-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But do you know what time of day it updates?? If it is random.. They must do that intentionally.. Cruel! How DOC..
I've heard that it's overnight....BUT I've seen it update mid day as well so there's really no knowing.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:47 PM

So jealous I miss wrigley used to go quite a bit before moving here a few years ago and cannot wait to move back only thing stopping me is waiting for my mans release we planned on leaving then he got arrested and it set us back a few years - I miss Chicago and all my family tires of being alone here and the weather miss the 4 seasons and can't wait to show my man life outside az!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-10-2017), IzzyLouWho (04-11-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
So jealous I miss wrigley used to go quite a bit before moving here a few years ago and cannot wait to move back only thing stopping me is waiting for my mans release we planned on leaving then he got arrested and it set us back a few years - I miss Chicago and all my family tires of being alone here and the weather miss the 4 seasons and can't wait to show my man life outside az!!
We will be leaving AZ as soon as possible after he's home as well!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
We will be leaving AZ as soon as possible after he's home as well!
Where are you heading...?

I just noticed you are in Casa Grande, Kendra... You'd think someone from Texas, with no family or real ties to AZ (outside of old family friends in Flag), would not know that name, but I always seem to stop there when I've been road-tripping past on I-10 to wherever and back. Gas.. Bladder (if not solo).. Etc. I actually started "checking in" on FB laughing about me not intentionally ending up needing to stop there.. Of course, one of my best friends growing up has the last name Casa Grande, so after my first few accidental stops... He'd remind me while I was on the road to be sure and not miss his home town..

Ok.. That went from a question to long-winded fast! Late/r night ADD.

Last edited by David; 04-10-2017 at 10:26 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Where are you heading...?

I just noticed you are in Casa Grande, Kendra... You'd think someone from Texas, with no family or real ties to AZ (outside of old family friends in Flag), would not know that name, but I always seem to stop there when I've been road-tripping past on I-10 to wherever and back. Gas.. Bladder (if not solo).. Etc. I actually started "checking in" on FB laughing about.. Of course, one of my best friend growing up had the last name Casa Grande, so after my first few accidental stops... He'd remind me while I was on the road to be sure and not miss his home town..

Ok.. That went from question to long-winded fast!
We're not really sure...much will depend on land prices and jobs. Thankfully my husband has picked up a handful of skills along the way and never has problem finding good work. It WILL be somewhere green with seasons. Possibly Colorado.

Yes I've been here most of my life! It's grown quite a bit and I can't say I like it much but I live outside of city limits so it's not to bad. It's a very common place for people to stop because there's really not much on either side from Phoenix to Tucson!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Goodnight AZ, David, and soon to be AZ...TheAmazingMrsB!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
We're not really sure...much will depend on land prices and jobs. Thankfully my husband has picked up a handful of skills along the way and never has problem finding good work. It WILL be somewhere green with seasons. Possibly Colorado.
I've spent a fair amount of time in Colorado and absolutely love it there.. I'll envy you if you do, or maybe we'll be neighbors.

It sounds like you have a really fine man. I'll look forward to your countdown thread and his eventual return home. That always puts a big smile on my face!
Fridyrr.Likn (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 07:41 AM

Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts

We're coming back to my home town in Southern Illinois when his parole is done. I like my green. I don't like the humidity.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 09:17 AM

I'm looking forward to one more ski day up at Snowbowl this weekend, and beach time in Rocky Point in 2 weeks. Only in April in Arizona (well, in March too) can you snow ski and swim in a warm ocean almost back to back
Ok, Rocky Point isn't actually in Arizona, but close enough!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZski For This Useful Post:
David (04-11-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZski View Post
I'm looking forward to one more ski day up at Snowbowl this weekend, and beach time in Rocky Point in 2 weeks. Only in April in Arizona (well, in March too) can you snow ski and swim in a warm ocean almost back to back
Ok, Rocky Point isn't actually in Arizona, but close enough!
I spent almost every weekend in the summers growing up in Rocky Point fishing with my dad! Great memories for sure!
AZski (05-26-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 01:04 PM

What's everyone up to this weekend? Who's going to visit?

We're just hanging out, doing yard work! Need to put up chicken wire around my gardens as yesterday I came home and rabbits had eaten ALL of my sunflowers and pumpkin sprouts! I was ticked!

Have fun and be safe whatever you're up to!
Old 04-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

This weekend...... sounds so far away right now but...
Cleaning up/out the storage and garage to put stuff up for sale on ebay and craigslist.
If I can get all of that accomplished, plus mowing the yard, I hope to squeeze in some SCUBA diving at the local lake.. The viz (how far you can see underwater) is at a record high of about 30 feet. That is unheard of in pretty much all Texas lakes. But, still a far cry short of the viz I used to enjoy when I lived in Cozumel.. 200'+
As for visitations.. I started writing to one of my best friends growing up that is doing life in Texas. I haven't seen him in 20 years or so and I think I'll probably go visit him soon if they will approve me.
Fridyrr.Likn (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 01:15 PM

Sounds like an awesome weekend David! Productive and fun! I hope you can get approved to see your friend, would be amazing to reconnect I'm sure and he would love the visit! There are so many friends I'd love to go visit but can't because I can only be on one visitation/call list.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:40 PM

I'm spending it getting packed and ready for the long trip to finally be with my husband after 2.5 years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-13-2017), maytayah (04-14-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

How excited are you!?!? Yeah, pretty damn excited I would imagine!
Are we going to hear from you again after? Sure hope so!!
Old 04-13-2017, 01:44 PM

I'm visiting my guy so getting ready for the long drive after a long week at work - 6-7 hr drive there and back just in time for the next work week but worth it to see him sadly just once a month due to the travel and expense but I'm excited! Hate that drive tho!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I'm visiting my guy so getting ready for the long drive after a long week at work - 6-7 hr drive there and back just in time for the next work week but worth it to see him sadly just once a month due to the travel and expense but I'm excited! Hate that drive tho!
Drive safe and have a great visit! Is it 6-7 hours round trip or one way?
Old 04-13-2017, 01:47 PM

I am so not going anywhere. Someone has to keep me from beating the life out of him... lol. Plus, there are other MWIs here who need to see a success story.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
David (04-13-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (04-13-2017), maytayah (04-14-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:00 PM

It's 6-7 hrs one way it's why I struggle to stay awake and why he wants to move yards even tho he is doing well he worries I'll crash. I sleep a couple hrs then get up and drive and spend the first part of the visit falling asleep sadly and have to stay the night in a hotel bc I have no energy to drive home again but it lets me visit a couple hrs the next day just expensive. But then theblong drive home again and back to work. I tell him it stinks but stay put I'd rather drive then risk him moving to a bad place when he's doing well bc he didn't used to do well bc I don't think the treatment place is what he thinks it is but he is so damn stubborn he can't be home to take care of me he thinks he can take care of me this way bc it will cut my drive in half but he doesn't realize the stress it will add if I'm always worried he's getting into trouble or adding time to his sentence - I'd rather drive- men - never listen!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
It's 6-7 hrs one way it's why I struggle to stay awake and why he wants to move yards even tho he is doing well he worries I'll crash. I sleep a couple hrs then get up and drive and spend the first part of the visit falling asleep sadly and have to stay the night in a hotel bc I have no energy to drive home again but it lets me visit a couple hrs the next day just expensive. But then theblong drive home again and back to work. I tell him it stinks but stay put I'd rather drive then risk him moving to a bad place when he's doing well bc he didn't used to do well bc I don't think the treatment place is what he thinks it is but he is so damn stubborn he can't be home to take care of me he thinks he can take care of me this way bc it will cut my drive in half but he doesn't realize the stress it will add if I'm always worried he's getting into trouble or adding time to his sentence - I'd rather drive- men - never listen!!
That's an insane drive, I'm so sorry you have to do that! I really can't imagine. Thankfully I'm pretty central in AZ so I think the furthest I would have to drive would be 4.5 hours one way...still no fun with a 2 year old but we do what we have to for the men we love! I hear you about the yards though, I really really do!
Old 04-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Did I really say the weekend was a long way away earlier?? I thought it was Tuesday!! Was just reminded it is THURSDAY... So glad I had it wrong!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Did I really say the weekend was a long way away earlier?? I thought it was Tuesday!! Was just reminded it is THURSDAY... So glad I had it wrong!
Haha I kinda wondered but time is all relative so I didn't say anything!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:09 AM

Heck, I thought today was Saturday... Yeah, everything is getting to me... excitement, anxiety... all those emotions.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Speaking to those of you who have long road trips to visit or meet up. Do any of you listen to audio books? When I was traveling regularly from Houston to deep into Florida, and sometimes all the way down to Key West, Satellite radio was cool for a while but 5-6 back and forth trips in less than a 12 months started to get really monotonous! One of my friends turned me on to audio books and it didn't take me long to get hooked! Believe it or not, they keep me more alert and awake on long trips as well... Which is the absolute opposite of how quickly they'll put me to sleep if I listen to them when I lay down to sleep.

If anyone ever wants some, I have a massive collection of both fiction and non-fiction that I'm happy to share.
Fridyrr.Likn (04-14-2017)