Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Texas prison & criminal justice system.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:48 PM

Thanked 8,860 Times in 5,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
She was a poor man's commissioner, she was a tdcj correctional officer at one time if I'm not mistaken and she was the one person in my corner when I came up for parole on this sentence in October of 2005 on the Michael unit in Tennessee Colony that voted for me as the lead voter which resulted in my receiving an FI 4. Pamela Freeman and Jackie DeNoyelles granted me freedom after a 9 year stay. She may be a devil to you, but in my eyes she'll always be an angel.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion about her, but the reality is that she screwed over many people by claiming they had chosen to go eat fried chicken instead of having a personal appearance with the lead voter after having served twenty calendar years. That sort of falsification permanently stains a file because it would be viewed by ever single voter that looked at the file down the road...

Quote:
I mean no disrespect nor do I wish to incur the wrath of the powers that be here on PTO, but I have a question for some of you.......what say you to those of us who will never have a parole attorney to represent us because we have not the money nor the loved ones here in the Free World who care enough to do so? How do you think it feels to sit inside a prison cell for year after year after year and watch other men go home thanks to the efforts of parole attorney while myself and others wonder when the nightmare will end in our lives? If the condition and the privilege of parole is granted based upon the nature of the offense + the amount of time served + conduct record then why is it your loved one goes home with the help of a parole attorney and yet myself and others who've put forth the same effort don't go home because we didn't have a parole attorney? Pamela Freeman made a difference in the lives of the have nots while she on the board. The parole attorney in the three piece suit with a thousands of dollars handshake.....She was beyond all that She stood for a different kind of integrity on the parole board that couldn't be bought. She was our voice....those of us who did our time that didn't have the money to buy our way of the situation or the suffering we endured.
If you really believe that votes are had SOLELY because someone hired counsel skilled in the process, then you don't understand what competent counsel brings to the table. I can assure you that no voter is approving a file simply because of an attorney sending in the fee affidavit. The attorney is still expected to bring something of substance to the table.

What is being brought to the table is thorough analysis of the case. Through the years, I have been involved with some special reviews where the file was voted in error without the Panel office having called to schedule an appointment. I have seen files go from a multi-year set-off to an FI-1 or even a program vote...facts of the case did not change so what was different? Easy- the full analysis of the facts and the manner the story was told. There is A LOT of information out there that TDCJ never has in their file. The GOOD attorneys bring that to the Board. There is a reason the good ones see favorable results in the 80%+ range while the regular approval rate is roughly 33-35%.

You are welcome as well to your opinion on attorneys, but to claim that Pam Freeman brought integrity to the process is not something that I or many others can agree to. I KNOW the six at the Wynne Unit that she lied about having refused the interview would disagree with any claim to her having a shred of integrity.

If there is justice in the world, she will get to spend time behind bars somewhere. The only question is where it will be since she would be at least as toxic as Nash Moxon was...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
David (03-16-2017), edjuko (08-18-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
She was a poor man's commissioner, she was a tdcj correctional officer at one time if I'm not mistaken and she was the one person in my corner when I came up for parole on this sentence in October of 2005 on the Michael unit in Tennessee Colony that voted for me as the lead voter which resulted in my receiving an FI 4. Pamela Freeman and Jackie DeNoyelles granted me freedom after a 9 year stay. She may be a devil to you, but in my eyes she'll always be an angel.

I mean no disrespect nor do I wish to incur the wrath of the powers that be here on PTO, but I have a question for some of you.......what say you to those of us who will never have a parole attorney to represent us because we have not the money nor the loved ones here in the Free World who care enough to do so? How do you think it feels to sit inside a prison cell for year after year after year and watch other men go home thanks to the efforts of parole attorney while myself and others wonder when the nightmare will end in our lives? If the condition and the privilege of parole is granted based upon the nature of the offense + the amount of time served + conduct record then why is it your loved one goes home with the help of a parole attorney and yet myself and others who've put forth the same effort don't go home because we didn't have a parole attorney? Pamela Freeman made a difference in the lives of the have nots while she on the board. The parole attorney in the three piece suit with a thousands of dollars handshake.....She was beyond all that She stood for a different kind of integrity on the parole board that couldn't be bought. She was our voice....those of us who did our time that didn't have the money to buy our way of the situation or the suffering we endured.
I'm so glad you had a good experience with Pamela Freeman. Unfortunately, that isn't the case for many more. Just because it was a parole attorney who finally shed light on how she was falsifying inmate records, doesn't mean that it hasn't happened to inmates without a parole attorney to represent them. Thank goodness a parole attorney (at the end -- several) spoke up, because if an inmate claimed otherwise, my guess is that the Parole Board Member would get the automatic benefit of a doubt and she would still be carrying on -- business as usual.

If your 9 years of getting set-off after set-off were miserable, think about someone sitting there for 20+ years who then gets screwed out of their interview by someone who clearly values her time over the freedom of someone she was charged with interviewing and evaluating for the Board. And then think about how those inmates might never have a chance at parole again when Board Members read in their file that they declined an interview. I fail to see any integrity in how she handled her job. These six men aside, another parole attorney reported that she was dismissive, disrespectful and short with his clients and/or their families in phone interviews. If she thought she could get away with that kind of behavior towards inmates who did have representation, how much more was she pulling it with inmates who had no one to stand up for them?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edjuko For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (08-18-2016), dtmom2013 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Beancounter

Has there been any further information on the Pamela Freeman case? I did a basic google search on her but didn't find much out. Did she ever go to trial?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Has there been any further information on the Pamela Freeman case? I did a basic google search on her but didn't find much out. Did she ever go to trial?
Trial started 12/12/2016 and that's all I know.

http://odysseypa.tylerhost.net/Walke...?CaseID=538270
The Following User Says Thank You to Minor activist For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor activist View Post
Trial started 12/12/2016 and that's all I know.

http://odysseypa.tylerhost.net/Walke...?CaseID=538270
No, that was simply the last setting...there have been a series of jury trial settings but in each instance, Freeman was not reached on the docket.

Walker County is, unfortunately, not noted for being real prompt at updating the next settings and other activity on their website.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Beancounter

Thanks for the update. I'll continue to observe these proceedings from the comfort of my recliner. Hopefully any upcoming court/trial proceedings will be revealing as to what actually happened vs what should have happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beancounter For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-24-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,578 Times in 1,548 Posts

I just stumbled across a blog by TX Parole Attorney Kevin Stouwie, who interviewed one of the inmates about what took place, and then presented everything to Sen. John Whitmire and the OIG. No new information, but lots of details on exactly what went down.

Quote:
After confirming, to my complete satisfaction, that Ms. Freeman had committed a few possible crimes and may well have ruined several men’s long awaited opportunity to put the prison life behind them forever, I sat and pondered what to do next. Ultimately, I decided to wait a month or longer to see if the Board would take any action against Ms. Freeman. Nothing seemed to happen. Finally, I decided to hold off on a lawsuit against the Board of Pardons and Paroles, and we opted instead to make other public officials outside of TDCJ aware of Ms. Freeman’s unconscionable and illegal actions. Around the end of June, I chose to lay out the entire matter, to the best of my ability,as I understood it, to Texas Senator John Whitmire and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG)..

I will assume the OIG conducted a thorough investigation, and I should add that I have not seen any of the results of this investigation nor spoken to anyone with OIG about this matter. However, I think it’s safe to assume the OIG discovered even more than I have outlined in this blog. I also later learned that Mr. Chavez had, at some point, brought the Freeman debacle to the attention of OIG officials. I do not know when, or how Mr. Chavez classified the Pamela Freeman actions of April 30, but I assume he will be one of the witnesses called by the attorneys at trial, in the event she is crazy enough to take her case to trial.
Full blog article here: The Pamela Freeman Debacle As I Understand It
Beancounter (03-16-2017), okielove (03-23-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:07 PM

Since this was bumped...five of her cases were on the docket for Monday but apparently were not reached. The original case that was filed has been sitting in limbo for a while and has a different attorney of record than the five other cases.

Walker County dockets have been clogged for a while and so there are several like Freeman that have been set and not reached for several docket dates...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
David (03-17-2017), dtmom2013 (03-19-2017), OnlyInTexas (03-16-2017)