Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:46 PM

Default 18 usc 3621 b?

Im completely new here so I apologize if its already been covered. My friend is in rdap and asked me to find info on home conefinement rules and regulations and 3621 b. I sent him e bc I couldnt find anything else and he said that wasnt it. Could someone tell me where to find that info. Ive googled everything I can think of. There has to be something Im missing. thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2018, 10:50 PM

My understanding of 3621b states that the BOP can designate them to a correctional facility and what considerations they use to designate them (history of violence, escape, sentence length, etc).

Is he trying to argue for more HWH or HC time? What purpose does he expect this to serve for him? This regulation is a standard one.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexrbomb View Post
My understanding of 3621b states that the BOP can designate them to a correctional facility and what considerations they use to designate them (history of violence, escape, sentence length, etc).

Is he trying to argue for more HWH or HC time? What purpose does he expect this to serve for him? This regulation is a standard one.
I think he wants to know if he qualifies and how to go about it. They closed many halfway houses in ct and so his friend stayed in prison another 6 months and then was told they can try for home confinement and no one had ever mentioned it to them before so I think hes trying to be prepared. Its all new to me so Im not sure how to help him with that. Im sure b isnt all the info hes looking for. thank you for replying
Old 07-09-2018, 11:19 PM

He is eligible to serve the last 10% or 6 months (whichever is less) on HC. Iíve been in the system and I donít know that there is too much he can do to get more than what they are offering him. If he is in RDAP, he will get more than a comparable person who is non RDAP, so he has that going for him.

Can you tell us how long his sentence was?
The Following User Says Thank You to ttexrbomb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,164 Times in 11,769 Posts

His unit team case manager, and warden, will decide how much "community corrections" time he will receive. The "Second Chance Act" authorizes the bop to allow up to 12 months in a HWH or 6 months on home confinement, but doesn't require them to allow any time at all.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1593/text

What goes into the case manager's decision is anyone's guess, but the amount of time will be set by the prison and/or bop guidelines, which won't be available to him.