Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison This forum is for all those - family, friends, spouses, wives, husbands, significant others, brothers, sisters, parents, and children - who lost a loved one or friend while incarcerated.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:19 PM

Default Death of My loved one - a Father, a son, a lover a grandfather and a inmate

Please need help A nother tragady of ADOC death of inmate My God what do I do inmate Tipton notified death on adoc website of december 8 says he died dec 6 after paramedic took him to hospital. They wont give any information on what has happened im reaching out Michael Tipton is loved and I dont know were to start His mother and I and his son and his granddaughter beg for answers on what has happened if i can get any info on what were to start Or anyone who knows someone in this prison that can give us any info please we will keep all info confidential of anything we just need to know what is going on why what were what do i do
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (01-14-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2016, 07:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,953 Times in 15,117 Posts

My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your loved one I am so sorry and understand that answers, credible answers, are hard to get from any DOC. We do have a few members who have been through this, so please be patient as they may not be online at this time.

Has the Chaplain been of any help at all?

Good luck...and welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (12-19-2016)
Old 12-17-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your loved one I am so sorry and understand that answers, credible answers, are hard to get from any DOC. We do have a few members who have been through this, so please be patient as they may not be online at this time.

Has the Chaplain been of any help at all?

Good luck...and welcome to PTO!
Thsnk you so much No no one has done anything his autopsy is still pending so no info and what we do yet Thank you again

Thank you

Last edited by patchouli; 12-18-2016 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (01-14-2017), patchouli (12-18-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 07:06 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,352 Times in 11,852 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for your loss.

Once the autopsy is completed, you will have more information. The hospital where he died will also have records that you should be able to obtain. The prison too, but to pry them out may require a lawyer/lawsuit. Definitely discuss what happened with a lawyer to learn about all of your available options.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:31 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

My heart goes out to you and the whole family - please accept my deepest condolences

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 01:03 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,492 Times in 4,002 Posts

I am so sorry to hear of your loss,I hope you are are to find the answers you need and I need coondolences to your family.I hope you familycan find peace.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2016, 01:25 AM

Thank you for all the condolences very needed at this time the support is much appreciated The doors seems to be all closed I will stand strong in continue knocking The shock of this loosing Mike in ADOC has really taken a toll on myself and family As we wait for answers and Finances for lawyers is minimal People in prison dont have money if they do there not in prison you know so getting answers is really difficult how long will it take really. But again thank all for all the prays and condolences for myself and family Tanya4Tipton

Last edited by Tanya4Tipton; 12-19-2016 at 01:28 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (01-14-2017), fbopnomore (12-19-2016), patchouli (12-21-2016), Sarianna (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 03:32 AM

Default Tipton Michael Arizona

ADOC
Buckeye lewis
Inmate Tipton Michael notice of Death
We just talked to him on phone day before Dec 5
He sounded good we get a call from hospital advisor saying that they have him there he was brought in by ��
Hour later we get call that he passed away
The doctor told us he said he came in unconscious he came to he told doctor he was screaming since noon of bad pain in stomach he passed away so fast right infront of doctor the doctor worked on him for over a half hour trying to bring him back doctor says never seen anything like it Mike was begging for help screaming the guards and medical ignored his calls and screams they did there walk and found him unconscious at 6 pm had him transported and he passed a hour later Mike Tipton is loved and young 42 years old We are so in grief and shock we dont know what to do ADOC lewis wont give us any info due to autopsy pending all the info we have is from the doctor whom was on that night whom made it clear that Mike was screaming since noon for help and didnt get none Neglect thus could have been preventable and a life would not have been lost if someone was doing there job the rights what right do they have to ignore or to even judge whom gets help or who dont who is resposable for the death of our love ones while in prison if they got the medical attention they are intitled to Death due to neglect and I feel that there is someone some where that can help us help for the ones that still have life and to get answers and to stop the prisons from failing to follow the laws that and rights of inmates incarcerated in there prisons they are failing to keep them safe and not providing safe nor security the system is failing and our loved ones are falling Help I am so distort over our loss and of the others to come and the ones that have come victim to the system Again for all the ones whom are now no longer with us in life i send my condolences to you and family and Please pray for me and mine i feel this is going to be a long hurtful and never healing journey of

Last edited by Tanya4Tipton; 12-19-2016 at 03:54 AM..
Old 12-19-2016, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,609 Times in 2,660 Posts

My condolences to you. I agree with Patchouli that you should try calling the chaplain's office at the facility he was at. Until his death has been investigated and the system is satisfied that it was not caused by another inmate or guard, they won't release any findings to you, unfortunately.

My heart goes out to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-23-2016), patchouli (12-19-2016), Tanya4Tipton (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I sincerely hope you get some answers soon. The hardest thing about these situations is that while you can sue the state, it doesn't bring him back.

It's a terrible waste of a life.

The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 PM

I agree no money in
The world could replace Him I keep praying that this is all s nightmare or that its going to be a suprise for christmas that he really got early release. Thank you for your condolence
a.rare.love (01-14-2017), fbopnomore (12-21-2016), marie8899 (12-23-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
i feel this is going to be a long hurtful and never healing journey
It will be a long process. It will be a painful process. It will, eventually, heal for you. Not in that you will go back to "normal", because how could you go back to normal when he's gone? But it will heal in that it won't feel so raw.

My dad died of cancer in Sept 2014 in prison. He got medical care (well, at least he got what the Pen could do for him, which wasn't what could have been done for him on the outside, but at least he wasn't in pain), though I didn't find out he'd been hospitalized the first time until he'd already been in the hospital for 6 days (supposed to have been notified within 3 days).

It's over 2 years later. There's still an edge of rawness there every once in a while, but it's not nearly as harsh or as gut wrenching (and I mean that in the sense of crying until I felt like I was going to vomit) as it was 2 years ago.

You won't forget him. You won't forget DOC. You won't ever forget any of it. But it will move from agonizing to an occassional dull throb.

If you haven't considered it yet, there is a possibility that none of his friends inside (I assume he had some, and talked about them, or his cellie) know anything other than he went to the hospital and never came back. I started writing 4 people my dad was close to, to share my grief with them and let them share their grief with me. I found that sharing of grief to be very helpful in the healing process. I could talk about prison to people who understand all about prison. Something to think about.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (01-14-2017), FuturMrsHouston (09-07-2018), marie8899 (12-23-2016), maytayah (12-21-2016), patchouli (12-21-2016), Rugbymom (02-01-2017), Sarianna (12-25-2016), She'sMyAngel (12-24-2016), Swishing (05-13-2017), Tanya4Tipton (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 07:23 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,281 Posts

I have read your comments Tanya and I wish I could say more.

But the fact of the matter is I can't. I too just lost my husband a little over a year ago for much the same thing and frankly I am just trying to contain Pandora's Box.

I have walked a similar road. Please know I am walking beside you reading your words crying for your hurt and loss and anger and frustration and....all the other emotions that ping pong around.

I just can't say much. But I am here, reading in quiet support. I do hope one day you find peace. I am still working on it. keep coming back here. Share what you've learned. It may help someone else.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-21-2016), FuturMrsHouston (09-07-2018), GingerM (12-23-2016), marie8899 (12-23-2016), Sarianna (12-25-2016), Tanya4Tipton (12-21-2016), WG406 (12-24-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM

Default Anyone whom knows Mchael Tipton in Buckley lewis Buckeye Arizona

Thank you I am reaching out to anyone that may have known Mike in there that even knows him that was in Buckley unit he was there for 6 yrs so im sure he had associated with others he was a awesome person that even a smile from him was genuine and he was a loyal true friend if any of your loved obes family or friends knew Michael tipton please would love to hear from you And as his family we are gere for anyone whom needs to talk thank you for all your condolences and support It truely is needed and We Thank you Tanya4Tipton
fbopnomore (12-21-2016), GingerM (12-23-2016), jadah (12-22-2016), marie8899 (12-23-2016), maytayah (12-21-2016), patchouli (12-21-2016), Rugbymom (02-01-2017)
Old 12-21-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
It will be a long process. It will be a painful process. It will, eventually, heal for you. Not in that you will go back to "normal", because how could you go back to normal when he's gone? But it will heal in that it won't feel so raw.

My dad died of cancer in Sept 2014 in prison. He got medical care (well, at least he got what the Pen could do for him, which wasn't what could have been done for him on the outside, but at least he wasn't in pain), though I didn't find out he'd been hospitalized the first time until he'd already been in the hospital for 6 days (supposed to have been notified within 3 days).

It's over 2 years later. There's still an edge of rawness there every once in a while, but it's not nearly as harsh or as gut wrenching (and I mean that in the sense of crying until I felt like I was going to vomit) as it was 2 years ago.

You won't forget him. You won't forget DOC. You won't ever forget any of it. But it will move from agonizing to an occassional dull throb.

If you haven't considered it yet, there is a possibility that none of his friends inside (I assume he had some, and talked about them, or his cellie) know anything other than he went to the hospital and never came back. I started writing 4 people my dad was close to, to share my grief with them and let them share their grief with me. I found that sharing of grief to be very helpful in the healing process. I could talk about prison to people who understand all about prison. Something to think about.

Thank you I really Thank you
GingerM (12-22-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 02:20 PM

Alittle update
On Michael Tipton an Tanya4Tipton
alittle hope I have a civil lawyer that is ready to investagate and is familiar with how the prison operates ive called and called and wrote so much and can you imagine im doing all this from a phone the prison still wont tell us nothing at all pending there investagation and autopsy still pending its been 15 days as of today really the things that go through the mind if what could have happened why it happened what did he say what was he thinking the circumstances the brink if insanity is so near my heart hurts i cant even try to think it will get any easier it seems to be getting worse and just to know how he was doing his time and to be taken before his time the way if the world seems so dark when you loose some one so close but so far closure is supposed to happen if it can be but I dout there ever will be will ones soul be able to rest with such wrong they say that its way deeper in politics and all not to open a can of worms im to young to fish What can one girl do once your stuck behind those walls you dont have rights you belong to them I truely feel its wrong and what do u do advacate for your loved one if you dont got the mighty buck you dont got a leg but you hold on to hope tight hold fast to what we have stand strong get up keep going right no one will do it for you or them but you how strong can one be but to stand with others whom have been there support I really thank you all that have responded to my post you are my streath right now and my hope and my smiles that really are very hard to come by i thank this site for the door that was opened for this truely at the end of this when i see the light you wont be forgotten Thank you
Old 12-21-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadah View Post
I have read your comments Tanya and I wish I could say more.

But the fact of the matter is I can't. I too just lost my husband a little over a year ago for much the same thing and frankly I am just trying to contain Pandora's Box.

I have walked a similar road. Please know I am walking beside you reading your words crying for your hurt and loss and anger and frustration and....all the other emotions that ping pong around.

I just can't say much. But I am here, reading in quiet support. I do hope one day you find peace. I am still working on it. keep coming back here. Share what you've learned. It may help someone else.
I as well stand with you Thank you and I will post updates as i can and I appreciate your condolence and I send you my condolences for your loss I know I cant really say much but how I want to scream and cry but I have to hold myself together and with this post You helped me come back to a reality of hope alittle thank you

Last edited by Tanya4Tipton; 12-21-2016 at 02:45 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-23-2016), jadah (12-22-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post

I as well am sorry for your loss of your father I know we all are faced with death thus hyst seems really different wrong in all ways I mean I feel its worse than anything My God Again thank you realky and fir sharing with me your experience and support take care Tanya4Tioton
GingerM (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
so far closure is supposed to happen if it can
Sometimes, a lack of closure becomes closure itself. My issues surrounding closure have more to do with my Dad and his crimes than with the system itself (though I have quite a few bones to pick with the system as well). But it doesn't change anything.

No matter how angry we are at the system, it's like trying to move a boulder with a toothpick and a dime.

You may not ever get closure in the way most people understand it - that is that you move on and it's like it never happened. But I'm guessing that once you see the Medical Examiner's report, you will feel slightly better, whether that's because you feel vindicated or because you feel relief will depend on the cause of death.

Either way, the not knowing part is horrifically stressful. Hang in there. Know we're reading and supporting you through this time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-25-2016), Tanya4Tipton (12-24-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 10:55 PM

Thanked 1,016 Times in 478 Posts

I encourage you to check out the individual state forums on Prison Talk for Arizona. I saw a post about Buckley Unit under "Arizona State Complex, Lewis." Maybe you can find some people that knew your loved one by posting there. Good to hear you have found a lawyer, also. I'm sorry for your grief and wishing you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya4Tipton View Post
Alittle update
On Michael Tipton an Tanya4Tipton
alittle hope I have a civil lawyer that is ready to investagate and is familiar with how the prison operates ive called and called and wrote so much and can you imagine im doing all this from a phone the prison still wont tell us nothing at all pending there investagation and autopsy still pending its been 15 days as of today really the things that go through the mind if what could have happened why it happened what did he say what was he thinking the circumstances the brink if insanity is so near my heart hurts i cant even try to think it will get any easier it seems to be getting worse and just to know how he was doing his time and to be taken before his time the way if the world seems so dark when you loose some one so close but so far closure is supposed to happen if it can be but I dout there ever will be will ones soul be able to rest with such wrong they say that its way deeper in politics and all not to open a can of worms im to young to fish What can one girl do once your stuck behind those walls you dont have rights you belong to them I truely feel its wrong and what do u do advacate for your loved one if you dont got the mighty buck you dont got a leg but you hold on to hope tight hold fast to what we have stand strong get up keep going right no one will do it for you or them but you how strong can one be but to stand with others whom have been there support I really thank you all that have responded to my post you are my streath right now and my hope and my smiles that really are very hard to come by i thank this site for the door that was opened for this truely at the end of this when i see the light you wont be forgotten Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marie8899 For This Useful Post:
jadah (12-29-2016), Tanya4Tipton (12-24-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 01:25 AM

This is the worst Month ever ans still bo answers from the prison about Mike wow to realize how they can just keep us in the dark its plain sick. I wish this not even on the worse enemy to experience a loss of a loved one and at the mercy of the system to let you know anything
Old 12-28-2016, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Oh Tanya, my heart breaks for you. It was hard hard hard for me to go through the process when 1) I knew my Dad was going to die and what he was going to die from, and 2) it was September.

To have it going on over the holidays?! You have all the support I can give you.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 06:15 AM

PTO Moderator 

We ARE here for you thank you for continuing to share. Please understand that it does help.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following User Says Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 PM

You know what really bothers me is my life has always been against the grain always a rebal wanted had warrents ive been to prison myself i did three years i always drove without a licence it was always something so when Mike was locked up I couldnt visit Well dont you know first time in my life I went and gad all my warrents taken care of I went and got a driver license I am totally legal on the state laws and I finally Finally was going to be able to visit Mike You know what WTF Its really crazy its like really why and Mike was such a goid guy yes he did do crimes in witch he was locked up for the time he got I dont think was right but he was doing his time he made choices that seperated him from his family and we all have truly suffered from them but to loose him in prison and not to see him and not tobe able to bury him yet its been 22 days really 22 days Thank you again for all the support and I will continue to keep you updated I probaly sound crazy I dont even know anymore our son he us jyst going into adult life he is 21 now he looks just like Mike to look at him I cry this is the worst Thanks again take care
fbopnomore (12-29-2016), GingerM (12-29-2016), jadah (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 02:50 AM

PTO Moderator 

I am glad you got your ducks in a row now. But what I have learned is we all live in some type of "restricted lifestyle" whether, live in fear, live in prison, live in addiction, live in shame, live in secret....at least now you have that weight of "what if..." off your back, and now your husband does too.
That doesn't mean your don't and won't miss him, it just means both of your have a new found freedom. Freedom is good.

"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-29-2016), Tanya4Tipton (12-29-2016)