Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 AM

Default GTL Automated Message - Campaign to Change Frequency

I just finished sending an email to GTL ConnectNetwork asking them to lower the frequency of the automated message: "This call and or telephone number will be monitored and recorded." We can all agree that the message occurs way too much, especially after the 30 second mark. I understand that the message must occur, but it happens 3 or more times within each 15 min call. Also, when the message says "You have 30 seconds remaining " it jumps straight to: "This call and or telephone number..." essentially taking up a good chunk of our last 30 seconds.

Anyway, I am just one voice. I think if a lot of us were to send them emails, maybe we can get the frequency of the message lowered. Here is the link to send them an email:

web.connectnetwork.com/contact-us-via-email/

Let's see what happens!

The Following User Says Thank You to hopingwaiting For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-12-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2018, 05:40 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,305 Posts

Great idea! There really should not need to be another message after that '60 seconds left' announcement....it messes up the last minute, argh
Old 05-12-2018, 06:02 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,579 Times in 13,969 Posts

soooooooooooooo annoying.

fyi, one time I monitored the length of the phone call. It actually was like a 15 min plus 30 seconds.....so they dont actually shorten the phone call...but its so damn annoying. Especially if you are discussing something important.
to be interrupted that many times? ug.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-13-2018), miamac (05-12-2018), Sarianna (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,183 Times in 6,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
fyi, one time I monitored the length of the phone call. It actually was like a 15 min plus 30 seconds.....so they dont actually shorten the phone call...but its so damn annoying.

I was going to mention that, too. We do get the full 15 it's just broken up. Yay? lol When we speak all the way to being cutoff, my phone times that as roughly 15m40secs.

I was thinking about this after our calls the morning where we got the recording after the 60sec warning. I agree that it should happen in the beginning and NOT after after the 60sec warning. I would love to say stop them in the middle of the call, too, because when I spoke with a pen pal in IL for 30mins (can you imagine?!), it was said at the beginning and never again. But...

As I'm now a 'seasoned prison wife', ugh, I can understand why the message is replayed throughout the call. People making three-way calls or passing the phone off don't hear the beginning recording. If something shady is happening, the announcements in the middle give the receiver the opportunity to be informed. I don't like it, it's not fair for those of us who are doing things right, but as we say...these things usually happen for a reason and that reason is someone had to go and be a jackwagon and mess it up for the rest of us.

But after the 60sec warning-- what's the point?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (05-12-2018), Sarianna (05-13-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Cool Phone timer

Hello all and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers. Just wanted to chime in with my two cents worth. On my phone, it starts timing the call from the time I answer it. "You have a call from.....etc." That is included in the final time which is usually 15.35 by the time we hang up.
The Following User Says Thank You to magicaljazz2 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-13-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 10:37 AM

Good points made by all! Still we can all agree that she disrupts the flow of things. Can we get it down to just twice?

Old 05-15-2018, 07:32 PM

Update: I got a generic response from them. It was a canned troubleshooting response. Super lame. I can't say I didn't try!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopingwaiting For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-15-2018), Sarianna (05-17-2018)