Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,838 Times in 6,797 Posts
Default LAC Newbie Q&A

Welcome to LAC! If you are new to this prison, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2016, 10:58 PM

Default Transferring to Lancaster

Hello. It doesn't seem that many people comment from Lancaster Prison. Hopefully I can get some information. My husband is in the process of transferring (again) to Lancaster, first transfer fell through. How is visiting? Family visiting? Yards? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Old 11-13-2016, 08:31 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,065 Times in 14,188 Posts

Hi missing, I'd check the visit thread here (both regular and family)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 11-13-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Hi missing, I'd check the visit thread here (both regular and family)
Yes, I have been, thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to missingmybrat For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-18-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 04:44 PM

Hello, my husband just got transferred to Lancaster and I'm trying to figure out how to use VPASS!!! Any help will be thankful
Old 11-16-2016, 02:15 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs key View Post
Hello, my husband just got transferred to Lancaster and I'm trying to figure out how to use VPASS!!! Any help will be thankful
Welcome to Prison Talk Mrs Key, glad you found us and decided to join!

Please see below a link to the VPASS website -- they have instructions for new users, hopefully this will help you. Feel free to ask more questions though if needed.

https://visitorreservations.cdcr.ca.gov
Old 11-16-2016, 11:16 PM

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs key For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,838 Times in 6,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs key View Post
VPASS is for contact visits only. If you need to make non-contact (glass) visits, you'll need to contact the facility directly.

You register a username and select your facility preference. Add the inmate to your account by entering their CDCR number. Then read the LAC message to learn what time appointments are released. Some facilities are Sunday at 8pm or 9pm, some are Monday at 7am.

On the day appts. are released, log in to VPASS and select an appt. time. It can be very, very busy and for some facilities getting an appt. is a challenge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Mrs key (11-22-2016), Sarianna (11-17-2016), sidewalker (11-18-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmybrat View Post
Hello. It doesn't seem that many people comment from Lancaster Prison. Hopefully I can get some information. My husband is in the process of transferring (again) to Lancaster, first transfer fell through. How is visiting? Family visiting? Yards? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
No, it's like a ghost town in here. Visiting isn't too bad. Processing can be slow at times, but they've been better lately. The only thing that really sucks is that damn VPass! Only because the appts open on Mondays at 7:01 and all the good ones are gone by 7:03! I've only experienced that here!

Family visiting is cool. We were getting them damn near every 45 days like clockwork for awhile. Now more people are getting approved, so it's slowed down a bit. But doesn't matter to me, since he transferred to SCC the other day so now we have to start the process all over. ONLY 300 days left, so I ain't trippin'!

Officer Morataya is about his business when it comes to FVs. It's a nice little 2bdrm setup...they finally got grass now. FVs are on Tuesdays & Thurs. If you need specifics message me because since he's gone I'm not in this forum much.

hope that helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth's Girl For This Useful Post:
Lynsey.V (07-16-2017), sidewalker (12-11-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth's Girl View Post
No, it's like a ghost town in here. Visiting isn't too bad. Processing can be slow at times, but they've been better lately. The only thing that really sucks is that damn VPass! Only because the appts open on Mondays at 7:01 and all the good ones are gone by 7:03! I've only experienced that here!

Family visiting is cool. We were getting them damn near every 45 days like clockwork for awhile. Now more people are getting approved, so it's slowed down a bit. But doesn't matter to me, since he transferred to SCC the other day so now we have to start the process all over. ONLY 300 days left, so I ain't trippin'!

Officer Morataya is about his business when it comes to FVs. It's a nice little 2bdrm setup...they finally got grass now. FVs are on Tuesdays & Thurs. If you need specifics message me because since he's gone I'm not in this forum much.

hope that helps

Thank you. Very informational.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:14 PM

Do you know what time processing starts for walk-ins? Any luck with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth's Girl View Post

hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynsey.V For This Useful Post:
lilitalymix (07-19-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:31 AM

Default Non-contact Visits

My boyfriend is in ad- seg so we're doing non- contact visits . My appointment time was 1:00 they didn't bring him down to 1:30 he was heated . I haven't seen him in a really long time so we were both anxious . The front officers seemed to be really focused on clothing sent away two people to change. One was a male visitor wearing black pants but officer thought they looked more blue. So be cautious on what you wear. Other than that staff was pretty cool. It was the building officer that took 30 mins to pull my man from his cell. The officers did apologize when he got back Im sure he raised hell. He's a lifer with over 1000 points and in his younger days was highly assaultive so thankful they didn't trigger his old behavior. Anyhow if you need a non contact appointment call the prison Thursday/ Friday from 7 am- 9am to schedule for that weekend.