Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW HAMPSHIRE > New Hampshire Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Hampshire Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the New Hampshire prison system.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 PM

Question A mess of a week-in on PV, got in trouble, broke leg

Hey everyone. So, my fiance was paroled out of NHSP back in March. In August he was picked up and is now back on a parole violation. He was in a fight last week, and broke his leg and now is awaiting orthopedic surgery. He is/was due to be out on December 18 (90 day mandatory release), however today he was given three tickets (I'm not sure if they're called other things in other states), one for fighting, one for lying, and one for breaking his leg (they're saying self-injury because of he wasn't in a fight he wouldn't have broken his leg) and he's now been bumped up to c4 (again, I'm not sure if this is different in different places, but the security levels in NH goc1 - c5). I'm wondering if anyone knows of and how this will affect his Dec. 18 out date? I've heard everything ranging from it doesn't at all to he's going to be in a lot longer than we thought. One of the CO's told him he was going to be in the infirmary for much longer than he thinks after he has surgery on his leg. I guess I'm mainly looking for what others' experiences with being in trouble while in on a parole violation and so close to being out have been. Or anyone's experiences with serious injuries while being in. Thanks so much.

Liz
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,392 Times in 9,362 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I moved your post to the New Hampshire prison forums. I hope you receive answers from folks who know how those prisons operate.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,409 Times in 3,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyhead View Post
Hey everyone. So, my fiance was paroled out of NHSP back in March. In August he was picked up and is now back on a parole violation. He was in a fight last week, and broke his leg and now is awaiting orthopedic surgery. He is/was due to be out on December 18 (90 day mandatory release), however today he was given three tickets (I'm not sure if they're called other things in other states), one for fighting, one for lying, and one for breaking his leg (they're saying self-injury because of he wasn't in a fight he wouldn't have broken his leg) and he's now been bumped up to c4 (again, I'm not sure if this is different in different places, but the security levels in NH goc1 - c5). I'm wondering if anyone knows of and how this will affect his Dec. 18 out date? I've heard everything ranging from it doesn't at all to he's going to be in a lot longer than we thought. One of the CO's told him he was going to be in the infirmary for much longer than he thinks after he has surgery on his leg. I guess I'm mainly looking for what others' experiences with being in trouble while in on a parole violation and so close to being out have been. Or anyone's experiences with serious injuries while being in. Thanks so much.

Liz
Sleepyhead is a great user name! Where about in New Hampshire? I moved from there (Strafford County) just over a year ago.
Lived there for many years.

Welcome To PTO!!! You’ve come to the right place for support & information. I’m glad you found us!

Here are a couple of links you can “click on” from the PTO Forums to help get you started; http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/ and of course
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156

I hope that helps.
Cactus~
Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Donation Award 

Sorry for all that you and your fiance are going through.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:09 PM
attorney

Thanked 17,251 Times in 6,362 Posts

Dunno about much in relation to security level, but can say that, yes, infirmary time will be necessary for the entire time that he's on anything even remotely related to an opioid. Depending on the nature of the break, he's going to want to balance getting out of prison (fewer nasty things like staph running around out of prison let alone in) with the need to be relatively comfortable and get some assistance with rehabilitation in a familiar setting. Since there's a wait for the surgery, I'm assuming that he broke his fibula, the thin bone on the outside of the lower leg that acts as a support. This is good as the rehab is no where near as bad as with the other bones. Fwiw, if he broke his tibia or femu, it would be a medical emergency, especially a displaced fracture, and surgery would be as close to immediate as they could get.

Anyway, his stress should be on healing himself, and taking care of business there. It's good that the fight is not being referred to criminal court, which would be a big deal. No matter what, he's going to be getting out sooner rather than later.