Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:07 PM

Ok so I mailed my visiting form in on Friday 2/21/20 and I am anxiously awaiting an approval. Few questions for anyone who has a loved one in NKSP reception.
1. How long does it take to get approved?
2. Is there a number I can call to talk to someone that works in visiting. (Reason is because he is still in the reception part and who knows when he will be able to tell me I'm approved.)
3. Most importantly is there a long line to get a visit? Should I get there early if so what time should I get there. I plan to go up every Sunday and every once in a while go both Saturday and Sunday (I will have to call in on Saturdays so this wont happen that often)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2020, 08:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

Approval will take quite a while. I think it was like, 5 or 6 weeks for me to get approval.
So just sit tight and you can try calling to see if you are approved, in a month or so.
Not sure if you need an appt to get a visit here or not.
You might poke around here to see info
https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/visitors/

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Mylove4Swede (02-28-2020)