Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:31 AM

Default Is a level one prison the same earned time off as firecamp?

If my LO goes to a level one yard, instead of a fire camp, will he still be earning 50% like the firecamps? I thought I read somewhere that they are equivalent. Thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2020, 08:39 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

I do not believe that is so, but not positive on that.
I mean if you just think about it, fire camp is tough work. Why would anyone want to do fire camp if they can just be in a lv 1 facility?

Sure some would jump at fire camp if they were physically able to, and conditions are better in a fire camp as far as food, visits etc.
I hope someone can come along with good info.
(these are just my thoughts here)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 02-27-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I do not believe that is so, but not positive on that.
I mean if you just think about it, fire camp is tough work. Why would anyone want to do fire camp if they can just be in a lv 1 facility?

Sure some would jump at fire camp if they were physically able to, and conditions are better in a fire camp as far as food, visits etc.
I hope someone can come along with good info.
(these are just my thoughts here)
Thank you, yes it doesn't make sense. I wish I could remember where I saw that. (Although, I could have very easily misinterpreted it, because we all know how CLEAR this time stuff is ) It's probably not equivalent, just trying to figure it out for sure.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLoveDeep View Post
If my LO goes to a level one yard, instead of a fire camp, will he still be earning 50% like the firecamps? I thought I read somewhere that they are equivalent. Thanks for any input.

A level 1 yard and fire camp are two completely different worlds with two completely different time calculations. IF your LO is on a level 1 yard, and is a non-violent/non serious offender, they are likely earning at 50%. If the classification committee offers fire camp, and your LO accepts, they then are sent to physical fitness training and classroom training. IF they pass 4 weeks of training, they graduate and are transferred to a fire camp where they will immediately be earning at 33%.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jazzin08 For This Useful Post:
InLoveDeep (03-06-2020), sidewalker (02-28-2020)