Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:08 AM

Default Jpay: How do I know he has received my mail or if the mail was rejected?

Hello,

I have recently decided to write to someone else in prison along with my LO, the other guy I have recently begun talking to uses JPay, which I'm totally fine with but new to. He is in Ohio, which I believe is usually pretty good with JPay (although maybe not just now).
Basically, I have written to him a handful of times and have not received a reply in a week now - before it was a few days. Do you think it is likely he has received my mail? I'm just not too sure how JPay works and if this is a really long time or not. How would I know if my mail is rejected? We haven't written a whole lot yet and I'm also wondering how common it is to just get ignored? I have included prepaid replies so I know that he can write to me. My LO I knew on the outside and so it is a bit different, I feel like I'm a total newbie here!

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2020, 05:44 AM
Donation Award 

If your emails would get rejected you get a notification "return to sender" email mostly with a reason. Many prisons in Ohio had lots problems with covid, and some mails are going through the mail room and sometimes it can take that long. I was waiting over a week for a not really special email ... it seemed that short emails went through faster than longer emails...! If you sent pictures that can take also a while.... ! I would wait a few days and if you didn't get any reply, you could ask him.. ! Sometimes on both ends is a waiting line.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 04:06 PM

He replied today, about 5 minutes after I sent this question typical haha! Thanks though - good to know about the rejected emails, I wasn't sure how that would work but at least I should know it is alright on my end. We both send fairly long mails and also have included pictures, sometimes a separate video message too so I think it is a combination of Covid, long letters and weekends (I think anyway) Thanks again!