Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Unhappy Anyone have a loved one at Livingston?

Anyone have a loved one at Livingston? My husband was just moved there today. What is the place like, how to they treat the guys and hows the visiting? Children friendly?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Love Waits....02/05/13

My fiance is there, been there since April...It has it's pros and cons- the hospitality room where you enter the facility for visits is low key and relaxed, instead of a C.O taking paperwork there is a volunteer, and the ones I've met are nice. There's a child care room next to the restroom where you can change diapers, etc. if you have a baby (I do lol), and also one in the visiting room itself, which is set up like a cafeteria of sorts, vending machines lining one side of the room, high chairs on the other, and you sit at 4-chaired tables.....
You're allowed to hold hands throughout the visit, and brief kissing is also allowed during ...as with most facilities, he can't leave the table unless to use the restroom, and you can sit at any chair you like at your assigned table, but he has to sit facing the C.O's desk. There's always another C.O at the other end of the room that sits in a really high seat (I call him the lifeguard lol)....but for the most part, staff there is pleasant.
As far as what you can bring in, if you have a package or money for his books, you can leave it before your visit (they don't take them after). Visiting hours are from 9-3 on weekends, and they go by even and odd days (for example if your LO's DIN # ends in an odd # his visit day would be on the odd-numbered day of that weekend). If you're not wearing a sports bra (or have one on that has metal on it), they make you remove it and carry it in a paper bag outside to the next building....basically dress code there is the same as other facilities.
Oh, they also don't take visitors after 2, and if you come between 10:30 and 11 (chow/count time), you'll have to wait in the hospitality room for up to 45 min.
Hope this helps ....

Do you have a baby/toddler? If you do I can give you specifics on what is allowed to be brought in for them (it's just lengthy and I didn't want to write it unless you needed that info lol )....
And if you plan on sending a food package, they're VERY specific at Livingston, and don't allow everything as indicated on the DOC website directive, so let me know and I'll save you the headache I've been through with trial and error lol

"Rocksie" w/out "Fraenkie"? ~

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs*Axeslinger For This Useful Post:
Lovingit2908 (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the great info, I have an 11month old who will be visiting her father alot so any info on visiting with a baby with help so much!!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Love Waits....02/05/13

lol sorry, stupid laptop and iffy wi-fi wouldn't load page, and it posted my reply 3 times but anyway...

I take my now 3 month old son to visit as often as possible, about once a month
If you're breastfeeding, it's not allowed in the visiting room, however there is usually a chair in the ladies room in the hospitality room that I've used....not the most ideal conditions lol- but it's about the only choice.....
No liquids of any kind are allowed to be brought in, including pre-made formula and breastmilk, so I've learned to bring in powdered formula with an empty bottle, and buy bottled water from the vending machines in the visiting room.
And because they also don't allow any pre-opened containers of formula powder, I find it's easiest to bring single-serve sealed packets. Enfamil makes them in 4 oz pre-measured serving packets, and I bring in a couple with the empty bottle.
You're also allowed to bring a jar of baby food, I think, but I haven't had to yet so I don't know for sure (if you call and ask someone, they're usually pretty helpful )..
You can also bring a few diapers, a few wipes in a clear ziploc baggy, a blanket, a change of clothes, and they also let you take in a carrier (like a carseat)
It varies from C.O's whether or not you can bring in a few toys, one time I could, the next time I couldn't smh....but they were soft stuffed toys, so next time I'm going to try plastic ones that would be impossible to "potentially stash things in".....that's their concern with that I guess.....
Oh, and my fiance has held his son several times and without a problem, so that's a plus
If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know....who knows, maybe we'll see each other around! lol
Does your man have even or odd visiting days? Mine is odds

Last edited by Mrs*Axeslinger; 06-19-2012 at 09:40 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 AM

Ty so much! My husband has odd days too!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Love Waits....02/05/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovingit2908 View Post
Ty so much! My husband has odd days too!
You're welcome
I just feel better knowing I can save you the headache and shortened visits I had to go through before I learned exactly what you can bring in for babies (it's a pain in the ***)