Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 09-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Default What Does This Abstract of Judgement Mean?

Hello! Iím new to prison talk my husband is currently serving time at wasco state prison reception heís been there for about 3 months now and hasnít heard from his counselor. Couple weeks ago he sent me a copy of what seemed to be a notice that states the Abstract Of Judgement and/or Minute Order May be in error or incomplete and also states the combined Abstract Of Judgement Reflects Case BF158835A Count 2C, PC 666.5(A) with the crime description as ***DO NOT USE*** Penal Code 666.5(A) is Vehicle Theft with Prior I hired a private attorney for his case but he just doesnít seem to help what so ever I donít quite understand what it means can someone please help I hope my husband gets less time heís currently serving a 2 year sentence thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 12:13 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,082 Times in 7,087 Posts

Hello and Welcome to PTO! I moved your post to the California Legal Forum where you might get answers to your questions. I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what any of that means. Hopefully someone will come along who can help.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,020 Times in 6,847 Posts

My guess is that it's an unofficial copy and they're giving you a heads up that it may not be complete so don't rely on it for legal purposes.

Most reception inmates are there for 3-6 months, so it's still a little early to be concerned about not seeing the counselor yet.

Is he serving at 50%? If so, he won't do the whole two years and most likely will never make it out of Wasco. They tend to not like to move people out for just a few months time.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (09-23-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 06:24 AM

Pretty much summarizing the costs incurred due to the offense and any parties involved that can place a lien on anything you and your husband own in order to recoup the costs/damages because of it. That is my rudimentary summary of what it is according to dictionary law .com So basically they are coming after any or all your assets and they are publicly making notice of that so people can take action to place liens. Best regards in the matter.

Last edited by GZyberi; 09-22-2018 at 06:27 AM..
Old 09-22-2018, 06:50 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,301 Times in 14,285 Posts

As I understand it the abstract of judgement does include any fees, fines etc.
It also will include the time he was sentenced to.

What the error part is, I dont know.
You can look up the codes in there and find the sentencing guidelines for what he was convicted of. There is usually a range.

Agree with Mia, its not at all unusual for them to be in reception and not see their counselor for a good long while. I forget exactly how long its SUPPOSED to be, but it seems it rarely IS with in that time frame.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,220 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand87 View Post
I hired a private attorney for his case but he just doesnít seem to help what so ever I donít quite understand what it means can someone please help I hope my husband gets less time heís currently serving a 2 year sentence thanks in advance
Your husband is sentenced and serving his time. Nothing left for the attorney to do. If you wish to understand how much time your husband might actually do, use the inmate locator:

https://inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov/

After you enter his info and do a few clicks it will show his Parole Eligible Date which is earliest he could release. I don't know how long it takes for CDCR to post that for a new inmate. If they haven't yet, they will eventually. That date will be less time than his 2 year sentence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-22-2018), Patrickj (09-23-2018), sidewalker (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 03:08 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote:
Hello! Iím new to prison talk my husband is currently serving time at wasco state prison reception heís been there for about 3 months now and hasnít heard from his counselor. Couple weeks ago he sent me a copy of what seemed to be a notice that states the Abstract Of Judgement and/or Minute Order May be in error or incomplete and also states the combined Abstract Of Judgement Reflects Case BF158835A Count 2C, PC 666.5(A) with the crime description as ***DO NOT USE*** Penal Code 666.5(A) is Vehicle Theft with Prior I hired a private attorney for his case but he just doesnít seem to help what so ever I donít quite understand what it means can someone please help I hope my husband gets less time heís currently serving a 2 year sentence thanks in advance

Go to the county court website which sentenced him. Pull up his case number BF158835A to see if a corrected or modified Abstract of Judgment has been entered. P.C.666.5(a)(do not use) is a enhancement prior This not to be used in this matter according to the abstract of judgement .
You can read Penal code section 666.5(a) Here Your husbands two year sentence will still hold unless there is error in the original count in which he is sentenced on. With only two years that is very doubtful. His private attorney is done with this matter as it is now and is under no obligation to talk to you about this matter even if you paid him.
gvalliant (09-24-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Love my hubby david💙

[quote=miamac;7745623]My guess is that it's an unofficial copy and they're giving you a heads up that it may not be complete so don't rely on it for legal purposes.

Most reception inmates are there for 3-6 months, so it's still a little early to be concerned about not seeing the counselor yet.

Is he serving at 50%? If so, he won't do the whole two years and most likely will never make it out of Wasco. They tend to not like to move people out for just a few months time.[/QUOTE

I think heís serving 50% thereís a paper he sent me and says 50% day for day but not sure what that mean 😩
Old 09-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Love my hubby david💙

I think heís serving 50% thereís a paper he sent me and says credit rate 50% day for day but I donít know what that means 😩
Old 10-02-2018, 12:41 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
I think heís serving 50% thereís a paper he sent me and says credit rate 50% day for day but I donít know what that means 😩
Sounds like that means he's serving 50 percent. In the end, it could be even less time if he earns other credits.

Let's give 'em something to talk about!