Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariahg7 View Post
Hi, if my man is on phase 1 and he signs this integrate to bunk with any race will he able to move up to phase 2? He told he could and he will be able to call twice a day. Is this true will he be able to bump up to phase 2? Even tho he’s only been in there for 1 month and on phase 1? I want to talk with him more than 15 mins a day.
Based on the comments here it seems they are phasing up prematurely. Yes phase 2 gets 2 calls a day. But if he doesn't sign it only takes 6 months to phase up any way. Granted he doesn't get any tickets. If he does get a ticket usually part if the punishment is stripping a phase.

Last edited by CharleysGirl; 09-02-2018 at 03:43 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleegirl View Post
My son is in Yuma, La Paz and he said they are expected to sign an agreement to integrate any day now. He was also told that anyone agreeing to integrate would automatically be moved up a phase. He also heard that anyone signing the integration agreement would receive an ipad and that inmates would be able to purchase internet time. However, you know rumors like that are rampant in prisons. Hopefully, because he is in a minimum security unit everything will be ok.
As far as I know no one who's signed has received any incentives. If you look at the wording on the paperwork it says DOC "may" give them etc. Etc. There is NO promise of said incentives. Also from what I've heard all inmates will be given tablets. Weather they sign or not. But not until the end of the year.
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 03:45 PM

Still wondering where they will put everyone who doesn't sign.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,977 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
Still wondering where they will put everyone who doesn't sign.
So far they've just been bouncing them to a non integrated yard.
CharleysGirl (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariahg7 View Post
Hi, if my man is on phase 1 and he signs this integrate to bunk with any race will he able to move up to phase 2? He told he could and he will be able to call twice a day. Is this true will he be able to bump up to phase 2? Even tho hes only been in there for 1 month and on phase 1? I want to talk with him more than 15 mins a day.
Yes it could be true, Im not sure if they handle it differently for different yards or if him being new affects it but my LO went from a phase 1 to 2 instantly after signing. He was phase 1 one day and phase 2 the next.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
So far they've just been bouncing them to a non integrated yard.
I meant when they run out of non intergrated yards. DOC policy 704.09 was recently updated
Old 09-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,977 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
I meant when they run out of non intergrated yards. DOC policy 704.09 was recently updated
At that point I guess they'll have to move them to max which is single cell so it won't matter much anyway. Although Stiner was talking about having one building that was non-integrated.
CharleysGirl (09-04-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,151 Times in 446 Posts

I don't understand exactly what I heard - but one of the units or yards in Tucson is receiving xbox setups in their "lounge/common room" (I don't know what it's called) as a reward for integrating.

At Whetstone, they have been watching a set of movies that starts with I Have a Dream and ends with a Sesame Street integration movie. They haven't been handed the form to sign, yet, but they are expecting it any day.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
I don't understand exactly what I heard - but one of the units or yards in Tucson is receiving xbox setups in their "lounge/common room" (I don't know what it's called) as a reward for integrating.

At Whetstone, they have been watching a set of movies that starts with I Have a Dream and ends with a Sesame Street integration movie. They haven't been handed the form to sign, yet, but they are expecting it any day.
They are getting Xbox at Red Rock too. It's for phase 3 only and they can bring a phase 2 with them but phase 2 can't be left alone in the room. And it's for a limited amount of time. I think he said they have to sign up for time
Old 09-28-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post

My husband is at Whetstone. He called me and he mentioned that he signed the paper yesterday.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,151 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisinariz View Post
My husband is at Whetstone. He called me and he mentioned that he signed the paper yesterday.
Mine said they signed this past week too. The document requires them to list 2 races they are willing to house with.

Last edited by lizlizzie2; 10-03-2018 at 09:59 PM..