Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Solano (SOL)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Solano (SOL) Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California State Prison, Solano (SOL) located in Vacaville, California.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default SOL Release Procedure Q&A

INFO, Questions or Concerns regarding the release procedure go here.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Donation Award 

I just thought I'd make this easy for everyone to fine...

Effective February 22, 2011,
California State Prison – Solano (SOL) shall not allow parolee’s friends/family to come on institutional grounds to provide transportation upon parole unless the parolee’s friends/family follow the criteria outlined in California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 15, Section 3075.2(e).

CCR, Title 15, Section 3075.2 (e) Release Transportation
Arrangements states in part, “(1) An inmate’s transportation upon release shall be arranged by the facility, unless a
private party has contacted the facility at least 3 days before the inmate’s scheduled release, has offered to provide transportation, and the facility has approved the arrangement.”

Effective February 22, 2011, parolee’s friends/family shall arrange for the parolee’s transportation by leaving a voice mail with the Receiving and Release (R&R) Sergeant at (707) 451-0182, extension 7276. Friends/Family members desiring to pick up parolees must contact the above number and leave a voice mail at least 3 days prior to the parole date. The voice mail must contain the following information:

The paroling inmate’s name and CDCR number
The caller’s name and California Drivers License (CDL) number
The caller’s relation to the parolee
The name of any person(s) who will be in the vehicle.
Contact Information – to be utilized to make a return call to the person

For example, “My name is Bob
Jones, CDL M123456. I’m inmate Smith’s friend. I request to pick Inmate Smith, V0000. I will not have any other person in the vehicle with me. I can be reached at (XXX) 456-1234.”

The R&R Sergeant’s voice mail shall inform callers of the time inmates are expected to parole, as well as the pick up location. The R&R Sergeant or designee shall review the voice mail daily and compile a list of friends/family members for each day’s parole releases. Once the review of the provided
information has been completed and approved/denied, the R&R Sergeant or designee shall contact the caller to inform them of the approval or denial. This must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the date of parole.

On the date of parole, the friend/family member shall report to the designated staging area at the Front Entrance. The Outside Patrol Sergeant shall log the friend/family member’s name, prospective parolee’s name, vehicle make, model, and license plate number. R&R staff shall stop at the Front Entrance prior to exiting the institution, and only release those inmates whose friends/family had made prior arrangements and are waiting at the designated staging area.

****You also need to include in your message the make & model of the vehicle plus the plate number****

*****CONGRATS TO EVERYONE COMING HOME THIS YEAR!!!*****
jmbaby (01-10-2013), sidewalker (01-02-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Donation Award 

My BF is being released on Tuesday. His mom has called 4 times since this past Thursday and no one has called to confirm pick up. Is there another number to call? If they dont call back can we still go pick him up?

My Love Bug is HOME as of 2/12/13
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 AM

Default Why isn't my son released yet?

my 21 year old sons release date is march 24. My son called his aunt which gave me the message that jordan was beign relieased early on MARCH 4th ..... I found his P O s number and he told my husband that something happened and it will be a few more days.......................today is march 13 what is going on.......? any one know
Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 AM

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,258 Posts

You can check the Solano forum to see if someone there has some answers. Go to the main page of PTO, scroll down to US Regional Forums, scroll down to California and then click on "California Prison Specific Forums". You'll find Solano listed there. Hopefully, someone can help you out. Congrats on your son getting out soon!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,950 Times in 3,184 Posts

I've moved your thread so you get better answers. Good luck!

[/color][/size][/center]

Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom91
my 21 year old sons release date is march 24. My son called his aunt which gave me the message that jordan was beign relieased early on MARCH 4th ..... I found his P O s number and he told my husband that something happened and it will be a few more days.......................today is march 13 what is going on.......? any one know
You can call his counselor... They're going to have the answers you're looking for... Good luck!!!
4ever love (03-19-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 AM

Before someone is released they do a recalculation of their time. I know they do this up until the day before release. Sometimes they find that the date they thought the person was suppose to be released is off by a few days or so. This happen to my guy. He ended up having to wait almost two weeks to be released after the date they had given him. I also know of a guy who two days before his release they discovered he was suppose to do his time at 80% and instead had his time calculated at 33% (he was in fire camp) and told him he was not going to be released he still had like 17 months to go.

Like said above try calling the counselor he/she can probably tell you what is happening.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:28 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know what time we should go to arrive at the prison to pick up someone if we have not recieved a call from R & R.

Thanks!

/ticker.png"></a>
Old 09-30-2013, 02:16 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSING WILLIE View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know what time we should go to arrive at the prison to pick up someone if we have not recieved a call from R & R.

Thanks!
They can release at any time. Call his counselor for more information
The Following User Says Thank You to krc1abc1 For This Useful Post:
MISSING WILLIE (10-01-2013)
Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 AM

Hello my husband gets released on April 4 does anyone know what time they actually bring them out to the gate?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Prison Reform

Default Early Release

Hello does anyone have a lo that has gotten any news on an early release at Solano? My Hubble is a non-violent second striker, I sure want him home early. His EPRD is June 2015. Any info would be great
Old 10-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Default solano prison ca

I was hoping to find some information about picking up an inmate in solano. my brother is due to be release on sat the 11th yes 5 days from now we have called the prison to try and get info and they say they don't know. We have left messages for his counselor with no reply. so if someone could please help it would be highly appreciated
Old 10-27-2015, 10:18 PM

Default housing after release

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find out where my husband is staying after being released. I can not remember the name he told me last time we spoke, and I haven't heard from him since about a week ago. Any information on some of the place where he could possibly be that offer transitional living would be greatly appreciated. I thought it was a place with a 'C' in the name but searching the internet hasn't been unsuccessful and I am worried.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:01 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

There is usually a blackout period when they first go to transitional housing. The time period varies. In some placements it can be as long as 30 days. What area did he parole to?