Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:21 AM

Default Two parolees living together

I've heard many different answers to this question. And I need some more input. Someone out there knows the truth.
Me and my fiance are both on PRC. We want to tell our POs, but don't want to get violated. Are we allowed to live together? I'm assuming that since just about everything with PRC is at the discretion of your parole officer, I'm probably not going to get a straight answer, but any personal experiences would be helpful. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,461 Times in 15,906 Posts

This stands out for me: Me and my fiance are both on PRC. We want to tell our POs, but don't want to get violated.

So, you're already living together? Or just dating? Either way, having contact and/or associating w/other felons is usually not allowed. Provided you aren't already living together, you really should speak to your respective PO's about the possibility of seeing each other. After a while, and all is going well, speak to the PO's about living together. Baby steps There is absolutely no way to predict what 1 PO will say, much less 2 PO's.

If you are already living together, its a big risk for you both....and it means that one of you isn't living where you're supposed to be living. And if you think the PO won't figure it out, think again.

Unless both you are willing to go back to prison and serve out so there are no PO's involved, somebody needs to move asap. IMHO

**If the two of you are co-defendants, in most cases, you will not be allowed contact until you're both off paper. I could be wrong, but I'd be very surprised if you were**

Sorry about the bad news

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (03-05-2019)