Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:17 AM

Exclamation Husband Possibly Catching Another Charge While Inside?/Updated

So, I had not heard from my husband since last Saturday. He finally was able to call me (after begging the CO there, he told me) and he is in the hole (or SEG or SHU, I guess it would be called?)

He made a mistake that he was an innocent one he says. An older lady correctional officer returned after a long absence and she had always been very kind to my husband, so instead of welcoming her face-to-face he wrote her a note saying "Welcome back! It is so nice to see you again! God bless you!" and then gave her the note.

She went directly to higher up and showed them the note and they immediately grabbed my husband to put him in the hole for "disrespecting the guard" they said. We have been emailing back and forth and he told me that they are telling him these things:

1. He is under investigation and he has his hearing this morning.
2. They may either keep him in the hole for 3 months as punishment OR transfer him to a different prison.
3. They are telling him that what he did is considered a soliciting charge.

What does this mean? A soliciting charge? Does this mean more time for him? Catching another charge? I just wondered if anyone out there could help me to understand what could possibly happen to him because I feel so confused and scared.

The prison told me that he will not catch another charge and the worst that could happen would be that he would be transferred to a different prison.

Anyone else been through something similar?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,888 Posts

Hi there - I moved your thread to our GA forums; let me know if this is connected to a Federal system prison though and I will move it again

I hope someone with relevant knowledge will comment soon.

I am surprised that the prison is telling you anything at all, and that you guys are able to e-mail back & forth even though he is in the hole. But, I am not familiar with GA so maybe that's why

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
megiche2188 (10-04-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:27 AM

Hi Sarianna,

Thank you so much for moving my post! I appreciate it!

I also appreciate your reply! When I spoke with the prison, they told me they could only tell me those things as he was under investigation and legally they are not allowed to say anything (in regards to the reason why he is in the hole) while an inmate is under investigation. The prison did tell me that my husband is allowed to email (they gave him his tablet) and write letters while in the hole. He is also allowed 1 visit every Wednesday for 1 hour behind glass. I thought the whole email thing was surprising too, and not to mention odd, but it is true as crazy as it is!

I was just thinking, maybe it is because he is in a private prison and their rules differ from state prisons? Who knows though!
The Following User Says Thank You to megiche2188 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-03-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 01:57 PM

Just a quick update!

Hubby is out of the hole as of yesterday morning. He was given a warning. Told him if he did anything against the rules again, then that is when he would be in BIG, BIG trouble.

I feel so relieved.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to megiche2188 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (03-13-2019), Lordbew/us (10-05-2018), Sarianna (10-06-2018), WeepingWillow (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 08:03 PM

What prison is he in?
Old 03-12-2019, 06:12 PM

I'm glad He's out and cleared. Unfortunately, those well meaning notes don't mean the same thing in prison. That the officer told her superiors usually means an investigation of any inappropriate relationship. For both the writer and receiver. In corrections, a personal meaning letter not reported infers an informal relationship.Other inmates know this (no secrets in jail), and can use this non existent "relationship" to ask for more. And staff becomes involved in deeper trouble because they allowed a letter to go unreported, then they brought cigs drugs whatever so inmate doesn't tell. It gets bigger and bigger, other inmates get jealous, staff Is faced with choice: come clean and take punishment, or lose everything and possibly face charges.
Just a story about the meaning of kindness in jail
Old 03-17-2019, 06:28 PM

Default Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by megiche2188 View Post
So, I had not heard from my husband since last Saturday. He finally was able to call me (after begging the CO there, he told me) and he is in the hole (or SEG or SHU, I guess it would be called?)

He made a mistake that he was an innocent one he says. An older lady correctional officer returned after a long absence and she had always been very kind to my husband, so instead of welcoming her face-to-face he wrote her a note saying "Welcome back! It is so nice to see you again! God bless you!" and then gave her the note.

She went directly to higher up and showed them the note and they immediately grabbed my husband to put him in the hole for "disrespecting the guard" they said. We have been emailing back and forth and he told me that they are telling him these things:

1. He is under investigation and he has his hearing this morning.
2. They may either keep him in the hole for 3 months as punishment OR transfer him to a different prison.
3. They are telling him that what he did is considered a soliciting charge.

What does this mean? A soliciting charge? Does this mean more time for him? Catching another charge? I just wondered if anyone out there could help me to understand what could possibly happen to him because I feel so confused and scared.

The prison told me that he will not catch another charge and the worst that could happen would be that he would be transferred to a different prison.

Anyone else been through something similar?
If there is nothing in the note, he wont catch a charge but, they can drag him a bit in the hole of they tag it as PI/ pending investigation. They could transfer him to another camp as well, might wanna advise him against communicating with the guards at all as he could get labeled a snitch. Im not saying it but, depending on he camp he is at, it can get serious very quickly. Think about it, a person is seen communicating like that and even by coincidence the dorm gets shook down in the next day or so if people loose contraband like drugs or a phone that cost $500-600, they are gonna put that tag on him and that can be life threatening, he has to be smarter than that.