Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oregon.

Old 03-31-2019, 05:54 PM

Default Release process at OSCI? How do I get clothes to him for release?

Hello everyone! Im so glad i found this place. My husband is at osci and is scheduled to be released on July 3rd i am going to go pick him up and am wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the process.. Also i need to make sure he has clothes to wear out of there.. How do i het those to him? Do i just bring them with me? Or do i jave to send them in and are there restrictions? Will he know what time i will need to be there?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,452 Times in 2,938 Posts

You can call the prison for more information, but here's what I'm guessing:

1. When you get to the speaker by the gate house, tell the guy you're there for a release. Typically, release happens after shift change around 0600, so I would show up around 0600.

2. I believe you can send clothes ahead of time, or bring them the day of. If you bring them the day of, you'll have to hand them over before he comes out so they can search them. Make sure whatever you bring for him meets the visiting rules clothing rules (no camo, no blue).

3. He should be given a release day/time a few days in advance, and he'll need to tell you as soon as he knows.

4. Your best bet is to call the main OSCI number and ask them to walk you through it. Unlike other places, there is a different 'door' (R&D) that you'll pick him up at - it won't be the usual visitation gatehouse, so knowing in advance helps a lot.

All of this being said, I have never picked someone up from OSCI. So I do urge you to call them to make sure I haven't guessed anything incorrectly (or they changed the way the did things since the last time I heard about it).

And most importantly, CONGRATS!!! How exciting! I hope things run smoothly - and don't forget to follow everything the PO/release papers say to do - and get it in writing. He'll have to check in with his PO within a few days of release, so make sure you're ready for that. There will be a zillion little things to get done, including driver's license/state ID card, etc.

Please come back and let us know how things went - it's always nice to hear good news here!
Old 04-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Mine paroled out of santiam and I was able to take his box of dress out clothes I think a week or two prior to his release. I was able to drop them at the front gate office. He should be able to find out and instruct you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-03-2019)