Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp Michigan Prison Intake and Boot Camp Information forum.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:39 PM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,805 Posts
Default My husband said the rules have changed for SAI???

My husband recently told me that they are now letting guys who have done previous prison sentences into SAI boot camp. He also said that they let a guy go in who has bee. In prison for over 20 years. Does anyone know if they actually changed the criteria for getting in??? And how do you try getting in if you've never been there. Do you write the judge in the original case? Or the boot camp itself?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2016, 11:26 PM

Your husband has to write to SAI and request that they look into his case for eligibility. Our attorney also suggested that we write to the MDOC as they can request the judge order it. Good Luck!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:12 PM

yeah he wrote them about three weeks ago....still waititng and hoping
Old 07-26-2016, 04:45 PM

I recently wrote the parole board hoping they may also send him to SAI. We were told he may not get in because he was sentenced to 38 months. The limit is 36
Old 02-14-2020, 02:38 PM

Does anyone have any updated info on the SAI program?
Anything is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:54 PM
Attorney

Nothing really new to report. Same guidelines apply. Judges cannot sentence someone to SAI; that is a MDOC decision. However, best practice is to have sentencing judge place on the record that they don't object to SAI if eligible.

There are cases where someone may be ineligible for SAI but somehow find themselves in SAI. Again, that all is within MDOC's jurisdiction. Unless they go in to Quarantine eligible, I would not bank on being one of the exemptions.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:06 PM

Default SAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
Nothing really new to report. Same guidelines apply. Judges cannot sentence someone to SAI; that is a MDOC decision. However, best practice is to have sentencing judge place on the record that they don't object to SAI if eligible.

There are cases where someone may be ineligible for SAI but somehow find themselves in SAI. Again, that all is within MDOC's jurisdiction. Unless they go in to Quarantine eligible, I would not bank on being one of the exemptions.

That's not 100% true. First, MDOC and SAI are separate programs. MDOC has 0 say so over SAI in the beginning. If your eligible from your sentencing judge, boot camp will come and get you no matter what. MDOC can't stop it.

However, once you come into the parole boards jurisdiction, now MDOC has control over you. The Parole Board can now send you to boot camp, and boot camp will come get you. You come into the parole board jurisdiction within 6 months to your ERD.