Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:54 AM

Default GTL: Automated payment declined yet they took the $ out of my bank account!

Okay so 2 nights ago I made an automated payment like I always do to my SOs account, well it said my payment was declined yet I checked my bank account right away thru mobile app & GTL took the money out of my account! So of course when he called I asked if the $ was on his account & he said no. Well I'm now on the phone waiting for someone to pickup @ GTL so I can find out what's going on, I can't afford to be out $50! Has anyone else been having this issue lately with GTL ??
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2017, 09:45 AM

I've always had this issue and I called yesterday to complain. Usually if the payment declined and they didn't add the minutes, the funds will be returned to your bank account in 1-2 days depending on how fast the bank works. When I use my Wells Fargo card it comes back the next day. When I use my Citibank card it takes like 3 days. But you're not the only one, I've had this problem for months.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pikachu6 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:12 PM

Sorry I'm just now responding, not used to people answering on the TN forum lol but yeah, I believe it was 3-4 days before the $ was credited back to my account. First time I've had that issue, they should fix that bug ASAP! It's a huge inconvenience smh.
The Following User Says Thank You to ab_lee88 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,096 Times in 3,947 Posts

I'm not in TN, but have the same problem. It's incredibly irritating. They'll decline my payment and then charge me 2-3 times. Only they never credit me back, so I unintentionally have a padded phone account. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-05-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 PM

Oh wow, so sorry! I would be super mad... I haven't had any more issues (knock on wood) hopefully I don't, but it's GTL so I won't hold my breath lol