Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Coming Home in Florida - Resources and Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home in Florida - Resources and Stories Information and resources to assist ex-offenders and families post-incarceration in Florida.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:11 AM

Default Less than 30 days

We usually have so much to say, but both of us have become quieter lately. Wish I could read his mind. His quietness worries me. I know it's irrational, but I get worried like he's going to get out and decide that he's changed his mind about us. Like all that time has passed and he'll want to make up for it. I'm so excited for him to get out, but completely terrified at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe he's terrified too.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,263 Posts

I'd wager although he may have some ideas and thoughts of what he wants, even he doesn't know exactly how things will go and that alone is enough to drive one mad. Don't you think?

Patience, my darling. You've come this far.

A long time member used to say communication is key. And, it still is even if it's one sided AT TIMES LIKE THIS. Write him, just don't pressure him about anything.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the advice. I think I just get caught up in the fear. I don't have a crystal ball and there's no way to know what will happen and I think that's the hardest part. If we end up together in the end, it's all worth it.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:54 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,105 Times in 12,702 Posts

Sometimes ya just gotta take that leap of faith and not look at the "what ifs." At this point, you probably both have "short-timers" which can cause an awful lot of anxiety if you let it. Recognize it for what it is...and Breathe!! You'll have many adjustments to make - and that, in & of itself is scary.

If you'd like to count down the days until release, post a countdown thread HERE Its located in the main Coming Home forum...and there are several threads in the Coming Home forum that discuss the same fears you're having now
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely look over the posts there as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to cnspivey For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-30-2017)