Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Default Probation Transfer

Does anybody know the process you have to go thru to get your probation transferred out of state. Or if there is a way to say get your probation set up in Southaven, MS and actually live in Memphis, TN. Only 30 minutes away from each other but, state lines must be crossed. Also is it basically up to your probation officer to tell you whether you can or can't travel freely throughout the state you are under probation in or is it a set rule what you can and can't do because everyone that I know on probation can travel freely throughout MS but my PO says I can't even leave Lauderdale County for 4 years. He might be trying to be intimidating or serious... don't really know but that is what I keep telling myself.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Home Sweet Home

Have you tried going to the official web site of the MDOC? I believe they explain in detail each of the different programs that are offered. ie Probation, ISP (House Arrest), Parole, ERS, etc. Start there. Hopefully that will help.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum!!

My husband was never on probation in Mississippi, but he just finished 2 1/2 years on parole here and he never had a problem with instate travel. He did have to let his PO know when we traveled out of state though.

As far as transferring your probation, it can be done. You have to go through your probation officer though. My husband transferred his parole here from Texas. I don't think you can report in Southaven while living in Tennesse though - I'm pretty sure you'll have to transfer to TN if that's where you want to live. There are requirements for transferring to another state too.

And if you gotta stay in one county, Lauderdale County is not a bad one to be stuck in
Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Here is a link to the forum with the Interstate Compact Information.

http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69911

Wish you well.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 AM

Not sure if my input will help or not, but here goes... I have been on parole for 5 years now, and to my knowledge, it's not too different from probation. I have no problems traveling throughout the state, but my newest parole officer says I must let her know anytime I travel south of Highway 82 since I live in the very NE corner of the state. Up until now, that isn't a rule that's ever been presented to me, so I am inclined to believe that a lot of rules really depend on what the PO wants them to be. I also know that there have been several people in my county denied out of state passes, but to date, this hasn't been a problem for me personally.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Is there anything I can do to assure my family???
I was convicted of felony possession 1-4-10 which in turn put me with a sentence of 7 yrs probation. First 3 yrs supervised. This is my only conviction with no priors. Having said that my children and their father are in Ohio, he(father of children) has asked for me to transfer to Ohio simply because he needs help maintaining the household. I put in the transfer and Ohio denied it 2-1-11 do to an expired (16 yrs expired)protective order. Is there anything I can do to insure I get a compact transfer to Ohio where my faimly is in need of me?