Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
OCJ OCJ is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Probation Transfer

Does anybody know the process you have to go thru to get your probation transferred out of state. Or if there is a way to say get your probation set up in Southaven, MS and actually live in Memphis, TN. Only 30 minutes away from each other but, state lines must be crossed. Also is it basically up to your probation officer to tell you whether you can or can't travel freely throughout the state you are under probation in or is it a set rule what you can and can't do because everyone that I know on probation can travel freely throughout MS but my PO says I can't even leave Lauderdale County for 4 years. He might be trying to be intimidating or serious... don't really know but that is what I keep telling myself.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
djdski djdski is offline
Home Sweet Home

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 45
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Have you tried going to the official web site of the MDOC? I believe they explain in detail each of the different programs that are offered. ie Probation, ISP (House Arrest), Parole, ERS, etc. Start there. Hopefully that will help.
NEVER regret anything because at one time . . .
It was EXACTLY what you wanted!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
jessnkat's Avatar
jessnkat jessnkat is offline
Donation Award 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 11,313
Thanks: 14
Thanked 529 Times in 179 Posts

Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum!!

My husband was never on probation in Mississippi, but he just finished 2 1/2 years on parole here and he never had a problem with instate travel. He did have to let his PO know when we traveled out of state though.

As far as transferring your probation, it can be done. You have to go through your probation officer though. My husband transferred his parole here from Texas. I don't think you can report in Southaven while living in Tennesse though - I'm pretty sure you'll have to transfer to TN if that's where you want to live. There are requirements for transferring to another state too.

And if you gotta stay in one county, Lauderdale County is not a bad one to be stuck in
If anyone asks, not that they would...I'll be down in Mississippi and up to no good! - Sugarland
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Mrs.Glamma Mrs.Glamma is offline
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: here
Posts: 5,061
Thanks: 1,367
Thanked 562 Times in 401 Posts

Here is a link to the forum with the Interstate Compact Information.


Wish you well.

Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
lifeafterlife's Avatar
lifeafterlife lifeafterlife is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MS, U.S.A
Posts: 9
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

Not sure if my input will help or not, but here goes... I have been on parole for 5 years now, and to my knowledge, it's not too different from probation. I have no problems traveling throughout the state, but my newest parole officer says I must let her know anytime I travel south of Highway 82 since I live in the very NE corner of the state. Up until now, that isn't a rule that's ever been presented to me, so I am inclined to believe that a lot of rules really depend on what the PO wants them to be. I also know that there have been several people in my county denied out of state passes, but to date, this hasn't been a problem for me personally.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Mykidsneedme Mykidsneedme is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is there anything I can do to assure my family???
I was convicted of felony possession 1-4-10 which in turn put me with a sentence of 7 yrs probation. First 3 yrs supervised. This is my only conviction with no priors. Having said that my children and their father are in Ohio, he(father of children) has asked for me to transfer to Ohio simply because he needs help maintaining the household. I put in the transfer and Ohio denied it 2-1-11 do to an expired (16 yrs expired)protective order. Is there anything I can do to insure I get a compact transfer to Ohio where my faimly is in need of me?
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics