Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in North Carolina should be posted here.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM

Default Moving to another state/ out of country. While on probation (misdemeanor).

Hello, I have been on probation for about 4 months now (supervised); I have been saving up some money to move out of state possibly CO or even Canada. It's for a misdemeanor, I have been paying restitution and complying with all mandates. If I were to move what are the chances I would be extradited if I stay out of trouble? Would CO/Canada actively look for me? Also I currently reside in NC.

Any info is highly appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,894 Times in 12,642 Posts

Canada probably wouldn't let you in in the first place, so be sure to check with their immigration people to see if your criminal history, even misdemeanor, will block your entry.

Moving to another US State is possible without violating your probation through the Interstate Compact, obtained from Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision, ICAOS.
https://www.interstatecompact.org/

Moving without approval will result in a probation violation warrant, which won't expire until you are caught.