Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM

Default False positive drug tests

I have news articles that state that the courts and PO officers know that there are false positive UAs coming back in large numbers. One positive test is enough to violate a probation and issue a warrent to re- arrest. I want to know why is this being allowed to happen and why is no one is doing anything about it? Is there nothing that we as a group of loved ones can do to bring attention to it and help stop our loved ones from having thier parole revoked? I know my loved one is innocent. We have even paid out of pocket to have indepentant drug tests done at a medical clinic to show that the original test was wrong. I was told by my loved one that they take 10 men back have them all pee then the label the samples. That is not the correct way to obtain test samples. I know I am a nurse.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judya View Post
I have news articles that state that the courts and PO officers know that there are false positive UAs coming back in large numbers. One positive test is enough to violate a probation and issue a warrent to re- arrest. I want to know why is this being allowed to happen and why is no one is doing anything about it? Is there nothing that we as a group of loved ones can do to bring attention to it and help stop our loved ones from having thier parole revoked? I know my loved one is innocent. We have even paid out of pocket to have indepentant drug tests done at a medical clinic to show that the original test was wrong. I was told by my loved one that they take 10 men back have them all pee then the label the samples. That is not the correct way to obtain test samples. I know I am a nurse.
Hi Judya

My family is going through this right now. We are furious. My brother was scheduled to be released on xmas eve this year. We was working full time on a home confinement program. He was given a breathalyzer test and it came back positive. Not just positive but coma drunk positive. He had not had a drop of alcohol. He demanded to be taken to a hospital and his blood work came back negative for any alcohol or drugs. He was taken away from us and his family. We are lost and don't know who to turn to. We are scared for what might happen to him. May I ask what was the outcome to your situation. We are feeling very very