Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in California, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Default Coronavirus: CDCR announced today that all visiting is canceled statewide

CDCR announced today that all visiting is canceled statewide until further notice

The greatest lesson you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return!

Missing my Squishy!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to andysgurl For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (03-11-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2020, 08:41 PM
❤️784❤️
Donation Award 

Here is the notice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1583979061052.jpg (87.4 KB, 24 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (03-11-2020), JustLilOlMe1012 (03-12-2020), patchouli (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 10:15 PM

Default Normal visiting have been canceled statewide

ALL VISITS ARE CANCELED STATEWIDE until further notice!!! Family visits and legal visits will continue as normal!!!

This message is to inform you of significant updates to CDCR’s COVID-19 preparedness efforts. I will be providing regular updates via email; please share with all who may benefit from this information. If you know someone who would like to receive these updates directly, please have them reach out to me and I’ll add them. Thank you for all you do!

At this time, there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in CDCR institutions.

UPDATE: Visiting

As part of CDCR’s COVID-19 prevention efforts, normal visiting will be canceled statewide until further notice. Family visits and legal visits will be held as scheduled. CDCR values visitation as an essential part of rehabilitation, but at this time the Department must make difficult decisions in order to protect the health and wellness of all who live in, work in, and visit state prisons. Stay up to date on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 response and prevention recommendations at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.

UPDATE: Special events

CDCR values the time and talents that so many of our community members share with incarcerated people for tours, events, to visit rehabilitative programs, and for other positive activities. At this time, CDCR is canceling any events consisting of 250 or more people, incarcerated or otherwise. For smaller events, organizers should work closely with the Community Resource Manager and Administrative Assistant/Public Information Officer at the institution to discuss any planned events or requests for new tours or events. If the decision is made to not hold an event, the institution will work with organizers to the best of their ability to reschedule, while also taking into consideration the security and scheduling needs of the institution.

Stay up to date on CDC's COVID-19 response and prevention recommendations at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Edited by Admin per PTO Copyright Rules

Last edited by patchouli; 03-12-2020 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: Copyright Rules
The Following User Says Thank You to LWOPWIFE For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 11:12 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,052 Posts
Default CDCR Suspends All Normal Visiting Until Further Notice Over Coronavirus Con

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has announced that it will suspend normal visiting statewide until further notice — including non-contact visits

The department said family visits, including overnight visits, would be held as scheduled.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...MdzeVt6qpq8jU0
Old 03-11-2020, 11:52 PM
Donation Award 

Looks like total lockdown now.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:20 AM

How are going to suspend all visits but "family visits, including overnight visits". Incompetent.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,408 Times in 16,707 Posts

Ug. saw this coming.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:43 AM

Default Corona Virus: No Visits!

So all prisons statewide are shutdown due to the virus and who knows for how long. This really sucks, so bummed!
Old 03-12-2020, 01:12 PM

I know it sucks! I wanted to see my hubby!
Old 03-12-2020, 02:33 PM
❤️784❤️
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frees View Post
How are going to suspend all visits but "family visits, including overnight visits". Incompetent.
Family visits will continue because it's not a large group of people gathering. It's one or two people. There's less than 15 people for visiting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
LWOPWIFE (03-12-2020), patchouli (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
Family visits will continue because it's not a large group of people gathering. It's one or two people. There's less than 15 people for visiting.
Yes, that is correct its only a limited amount of people for family visits compared to a lot of people in regular visit
Old 03-12-2020, 05:00 PM

I dont know bout mainline inmates but I wonder if the DR inmates can use the phone as long as they clean the phones
Old 03-12-2020, 05:22 PM

Default Visits cancelled

Anyone else get all their visits cancelled?
Old 03-12-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalovesjoe View Post
Anyone else get all their visits cancelled?
Yep visits are cancelled statewide "until further notice" family visits are still on though
Old 03-12-2020, 11:13 PM
❤️784❤️
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug98 View Post
I dont know bout mainline inmates but I wonder if the DR inmates can use the phone as long as they clean the phones
Phone calls have nothing to do with the visits. So inmates who already have program and can make calls will still be able to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-13-2020), Ladybug98 (03-13-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 11:44 AM
PTO Staff on LOA

Thanked 24,004 Times in 8,427 Posts

Most/many of the halfway houses and transitional houses have also been put on a quarantine schedule. Depending on the location, they have hour restrictions, visitation restrictions or full quarantine.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imani View Post
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has announced that it will suspend normal visiting statewide until further notice — including non-contact visits

The department said family visits, including overnight visits, would be held as scheduled.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...MdzeVt6qpq8jU0
Per CDCR: Effective March 16, family visiting will be suspended at all CDCR adult institutions until further notice. Families visiting this weekend will finish their visits as scheduled. https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/
Old 03-15-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWOPWIFE View Post
Per CDCR: Effective March 16, family visiting will be suspended at all CDCR adult institutions until further notice. Families visiting this weekend will finish their visits as scheduled. https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/
That sucks! my family visit is coming up
Old 03-15-2020, 12:59 PM
Donation Award 

What is the feeling amongst the inmates regarding the virus? Are they feeling stressed or panicky or just annoyed?
Old 03-16-2020, 06:07 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,408 Times in 16,707 Posts

guessing they feel as we all do out here.

all the above.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:41 AM
Donation Award 

It's really coming. I have not been posting but for some that know me, know that I have been in the epicenter of one side of the earth and now am pretty close to the grit on the other side as well. I can say that this is not trivial. I can say that the media is terrible and I cant stand them as much as the next guy, but I can say that this is moving and moving fast and nothing is going to stop it.

I am particularly concerned about my parents. They are over 65 and my mom has some health condition and my step day as well. My dad does and my step mom too. They are living about 400 mi from each other and the governor of our state wants them not to leave the house. So here I am in Asia and my parents are being quarantined, and I cannot help them. My girl of course is in camp and she is terrified.

I will say that in the case of visits, this is appropriate. It is earth shattering for me to not see my girl, it really is. But if I was in your VR and you knew where I have been the last 30 days you would shit your pants. I don't have symptoms, I don't feel any way, but I will say that the stigma now is enough to cause hysteria.

I will be going home on the 22nd. I will be staying in and I will be having some very close friends deliver me supplies while I vpn in from home to work and just kinda have a period of time in quarantine while trying to send stuff to my parents and get them covered.

I would not visit my girl if they even open it up by then. I know I don't have symptoms or am sick but I know too much. People need to understand that this is unstoppable not because there are sick people coughing all over each other, its because people with NO symptoms are having this and contagious.

The temp taking, the check points, the care and feeding, that is nothing but small suggestive things that help people get through their day. It is useless in the scope of spreading this.

If they wanted to stop spreading the damn thing they would have to disinfect every surface all the time. Including peoples cell phones. There are people with jobs like health screeners at the airport which are fully suited up catching it. Doesn't anyone even notice that?

I miss my girl so much, she calls me and is forcing herself to be jovial and happy and I can feel the fear. Its the same fear that she had days before sentencing, days before court. It is visceral, it is very shallow under her voice, the sound just makes me die inside. But I stay positive as we have like 3 months left. I have a positive note to her and I tell her I love her, and we talk about non corona things, and that fills our 15 min.

One thing I am afraid of is a scenario I have been having nightmares about. I have this dream that this thing takes off and now is like when I was in Italy. I was there and one day on a Friday we heard it infected 5 people... Then on Monday we heard 230 people. Then the next Friday it was to 1000. I have this thought about it waving through Los Angeles and getting to areas around the camps, then one person in the camp gets it, then its through there... I am like aw man trying to do the math on how fast it has moved, and if it will make it there within the time that shes still there, and my math is like telling me its going to be in a prison within the next few weeks. There's no way that its not, it might not make it to camp, it might just get to County, or CIW, who knows but I know its going to be there if its not already. I only pray that she doesn't get it, and if she does that she will be OK and get through it. And when it DOES get into a facility, are they going to release inmates that are up on their time? Or if it gets to a facility like the camp, are they going to move all the inmates out of camp and into another facility like a regular institution? I was fearful that this is going to come, then they will take them all out of camp and take their good time away since they are getting a good date due to camp, they would lose it if they moved to a facility. Who knows but I worry about a bunch of terrible scenarios and I need not to and just relax.

I know its not trivial, I seen whats going on and I may not have been in the presence of a sick person yet but I have seen first hand how fast the thing spreads and takes over whole towns.

Nothing I can do for her, I have to let God have it and just try and take care of my mom and dad and of course myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 08:55 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,778 Times in 752 Posts

They were still running program at my son's prison yesterday. He was able to call. I hope they continue to allow phone contact.

He says they are worried about this including how will CDCR respond? They were screening employees / guards coming into the prison. That is good.

I believe what has to happen inside prisons is the same as what has to happen outside. The virus is likely in every prison. They have to control the speed it spreads. No visiting will only help slow it. If they get too many infections too fast, medical at prisons will get overwhelmed. I hope policy that will "flatten the curve" is the focus of CDCR.

I also hope CDCR is transparent about what they are doing and what is going on. So far, I have not seen much information provided to us or to anyone inside. They are going to be nervous. CDCR needs to provide "no BS" info. If they don't do that I worry rumors and unnecessary fear will spread.

The only movement that makes sense to me would be transport to medical centers as needed or, perhaps, transporting in the few new inmates from county who have been screened. With courts closing there will be no new convictions / no new sentencing to state prison. Police will keep arresting people so county jails are going to fill up...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-18-2020), sidewalker (03-17-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 09:57 PM

Are they still able to use the phones? I have not gotten a phone call going on 4 days now...
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 AM
PTO Staff on LOA

Thanked 24,004 Times in 8,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkim802 View Post
Are they still able to use the phones? I have not gotten a phone call going on 4 days now...
Depends on the location. Some are cell-locked while others are on modified program and have access to the phones. I would check your facility-specific thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (03-18-2020), sidewalker (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,778 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Depends on the location. Some are cell-locked while others are on modified program and have access to the phones. I would check your facility-specific thread.
To add to the phone topic. Tell them to try as best they can to wipe the phone before using. Every time. I remind my son each time he calls. He's getting tired of hearing it. Shared telephone is one way the virus can spread.

CDCR has posted notices in the prisons advising of the things they should do. I don't know how extensive the advise is. Share information from government and medical officials you hear on what to do and not do. They probably hear it also but can't hurt. It is extremely important they do everything they can to control spread of the infection inside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-18-2020), sidewalker (03-19-2020)