Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:04 AM

Question Information about USP Atwater and Victorville, CA

Does anybody have information about USP Atwater and USP Voctorville, CA?

My friend is currently in Lompoc and told me that it is rumoured that due to a major remodelling of USP Lompoc all high security inmates will be moved to USP Atwater or the new USP Victorville starting June or July 2003. I would appreciate if anybody could provide information if this is just a rumour or if the BOP is seriously planning on such moves.

Any information (visiting regulations, inmate programs etc) about USP Atwater and Victorville will be helpful.

Thanks to all

Thomas / Germany
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2003, 11:48 AM
MOUSE LOVER

IF YOU GO TO http://www.cdc.state.ca.us/default.asp YOU CAN FIND INFORMATION AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS TO THE FACILITIES YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THAT MOVE BUT IF I DO I'LL BE SURE TO LET YOU KNOW

"I'M ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN"
Old 04-16-2003, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm searching for information about the federal prisons in Lompoc, Atwater, and Victorville and not about CA State prisons - nevertheless, thanks

Thomas
Old 04-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Closed

I visited in Atwater. It is not a very good visiting room. They have plastic 4 plastic chairs separated by a small plastic table. It is uncomfortable to try and eat off it. The visiting days were Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If memory serves, the hours were 8am to 3pm. You were allowed to visit all day unless they had people waiting to visit. I used to get there at 9am just so I would not be one of the first to be asked to get up and leave. I always got to visit till the end.

I am trying to think of what else to say. Is there anything else you need to know? If you need any specific questions that I can call the prison about, just post them here or im me. I know you are in Germany and cant call international and be put on hold.

I always stayed in Merced, Ca. Which is approx 6-7 miles away. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express, which is new and just off the interstate. I recommend it. And, I also stayed at the Best Western. It was okay, but not as nice as the Holiday Inn Express.

I flew into both San Francisco and Fresno. Fresno is an easier drive about 90 miles on a straight highway. San Franciso was about 126 miles drive, but it is not all highway and takes around two and a half hours. Here is a nice place for driving directions http;//www.mapquest.com

The prison is right off the highway 99. You will exit Buchach Rd and take it to Sante Fe. On Sante Fe, go a few miles till you see a small blue prison I cannot recall what street that is, but turn there and the prison is back about 2 miles.

Last edited by flygirlaa2; 04-16-2003 at 02:31 PM..
Old 04-16-2003, 11:02 PM

Thanks a lot for the information! I talked to my friend in Lompoc last Monday and rumors about transferring all high max to Atwater are getting stronger. However, nobdy knows for sure yet. I'll try to find out more and will post it here.

Thomas / Germany
Old 06-03-2003, 01:32 PM

My wife is at the female camp at the Victorville facility. They have been cleaning the new USP to get it ready for inmates. It is not ready at this time. When it will be she does not know. There are going to transfer from Dublin and Phoenix camps 100 women to get the USP ready quicker. That is suppose to happen tomorrow. She said that they were going to be moving men from the Lompoc facility and they need Victorville ready very soon. I hope this helps. The only problem with Victorville is in the summer it gets very warm.

Tom
Old 08-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Account Closed

Any word as to why they might transfer prisoners from Florence to Atwater?
Old 08-07-2004, 03:39 AM

BF just transfered to Victorville.......ANY info on the place??? Have NOT heard from him yet!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:31 PM

hi, im curious about the special housing unit there they just put my boyfriend there in atwater? what is it
Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM

can they have contact visit food visits, what are the visiting times
Old 04-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Registered

Special Housing Unit = SHU, "The Hole" , and Seg. Limited Privileges and no interaction with other inmates.

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"
Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 PM

Wink

My Husband is in Victorville and spend 2 months in special housing, small cells no day light they can order off store, vists in orange suites, in the visting you can buy them items to eat, you can take $20 per person in with you. Tell him to keep to himself and he will be fine.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedsMamas
BF just transfered to Victorville.......ANY info on the place??? Have NOT heard from him yet!!!

Dont worry it takes a minute for them to get to call you. Do you know if he is in the UPS, or Med 1 or 2, let me know and if he is in the same place as my husband I will have him check for you.