Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 09-19-2009, 04:21 PM

Exclamation Anybody else with a guy in Walker?

I have gotten no calls or mail since they moved him to walker I know it's level 5 but really he still gets outside communication. Right? I am buggin a lil bit cuz I don't know why he hasn't sent anything or called. I have tried to call there and they don't give any info out regardless if your married or not. This is insane! Anybody have any info?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 AM

Hi~My husband is at MacDougall and I had posted in a different thread the other day how I hadn't heard from either. Apparently there are a lot of us that are not getting the regular calls we normally get.

I do know that MacDougall went on a mini-lockdown for a day or so (or at least my husband's cell block did) so that contributed to things. I can also tell you that when I went to visit him last night, there were lovely news cameras set up going into the driveway, which I am certain has to do with the kid accused of killing the Yale grad student who is at Walker.

Also, based on memory, when my husband was in Walker at times it was nearly impossible for him to get a phone.

What I suggest you do is next time you call, just ask if the facility is on lockdown. The other thing you can do is if they say they are not on lockdown then nicely ask them if they can you tell you the visit times for a specific inmate. They then should ask you for his inmate number and then if they give you visit times then you know he is not in seg.

Lastly, perhaps he ran out of envelopes and that is why you have not received mail. Or maybe he recently has gotten a new cell-mate and is not yet comfortable leaving him alone in the cell with his stuff.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Browneyed girl For This Useful Post:
Robsladykat (10-01-2009)
Old 09-20-2009, 01:19 PM
His Ladi! Soon his MRS!!

well. i posted a few days ago that i havent received any calls from my friend at walker... it has been over a week that he hasnt called which i find very odd since he usually calls 3-4x a week until he gets in touch with me.......

Last edited by Mz.MM; 09-20-2009 at 01:21 PM..
Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 PM

I have been getting calls from Walker..so I dont know what could be up..I did get a call today...

Old 09-21-2009, 06:02 AM
His Ladi! Soon his MRS!!

Well the doofus finally called last night... no excited over there besides the yale grad murderer...... The phones have really been jammed up... first come first serve basically so he was not able to get to the phones..... i wasnt really stressed out over it........

The Following User Says Thank You to Mz.MM For This Useful Post:
Robsladykat (10-01-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 07:49 AM

I am glad he finally called..

Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
His Ladi! Soon his MRS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmychkurchk View Post
I am glad he finally called..
I wasnt... lol.. he is a bit of a bugaboo.... Ironic that when we were together he didnt call as often or inquire about how i am doing... why start now.. haha... but we remained friends so i take the occassional call here n there.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Mz.MM For This Useful Post:
Robsladykat (10-01-2009)
Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Account Closed

My guy has word that he might be moved down to level 2 and sent into population (dorm) somewhere. What's Walker like? It's level 4-5 from what the DOC website says. He and I both want him to stay in a cell and feel safe. He doesn't like dorm style living.
Any suggestions on which facility would be safe for a level 2 non-violent older guy?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM

J.B. Gates is level 2 pre release. I think it may be both dorm style and 2 man cells. They share the same grounds as York CI but have no interaction with the women.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Account Closed

He also needs to get meds daily. wondering if Gates has that. he needs peace and quiet (nerves are shot). Any suggestions would be a great help. thanks!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:30 AM

That I'm not sure of. I would hope that no matter where they house them they would still get their meds. I know the noise is intolerable inside. It's one of the things that still bothers me I slept in the dorms for 3 years and never heard a quite moment. It definatly wears on you after awile. If he goes to a level 2 he's just about out the door. I wouldn't worry about safety at all really cuz everyone there is on the way out. Level 1 is community release. He should be fine.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM

Pertello,

I can answer your question about Walker. Walker is now part in part of the McDougall Walker complex. Walker it self houses 3 different types of inmates. 1) Pre-trial High bond. These Inmates are considered high risk because of their high bond or no bond. They are on lockdown save for morning and evening rec. They are allowed TV's etc and are housed typically 2 to a cell.

2) Inmates who have been sentenced and are undergoing their assessments for level assignment, from what I know about these inmates they have no power in their cells and are held in walker for the assessment process which can be from a few weeks to to a month or so. and

3) Perm-party. Perm-party inmates are there to do the maintenance in the prison.

For the most part Walker is a level 4/5 and perm party are level 2/3.
The Following User Says Thank You to mg1224a For This Useful Post:
fraghanwicare (11-11-2009)