Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:02 AM

Default Bad news in coming I fear :(

I was calling around to some lawyers this week for my MWI b/c of some stuff b/c the judge she was going to try to have modify her out has been shot and so she's not sure if he'll be back to the bench in time. But in calling it seems like what she thought she was signing ended up not being what she was sentenced to. Its saying she waived her right to a modification so instead of being out this time next year it will be at minimum of an additional year Im beyond scared and depressed over this. This is def going to be an added strain on the relationship. Idk if anyone has any resources on anything as far as this stuff goes but any advice or help would be appreciated! she's in Madison Correctional Facility and case is out of clark county.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2019, 09:22 AM

I would absolutely go into this with eyes wide opened. To me it sounds like your MWI is not being very honest with you. Good luck!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,226 Posts

I have no resources, but a little support.

If she doesn't modify out, you're in no different position than you're in now, correct? So nothing changes except the expected release date? This is obviously disappointing, but not unheard of. One of my family friends was told he'd be out in 2017 - he didn't get out until 2019 (serving the full 20 years) due to paperwork glitches.

Secondly, BREATHE. Then sit down and make a list of all the things that you're scared and depressed about, and ask yourself if these are any different if she modified out early or if they're the same things you're already scared about. What would change if she stayed in another year? Is that change enough to walk away from the relationship (and no on here would judge you for saying "I can't deal with this anymore. It's too much.").

I am sorry you both find yourselves in this position. Loving someone in prison is never an easy ride.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Du5t1n812 (05-17-2019), fbopnomore (05-16-2019), Sarianna (05-16-2019)