Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Are you fooling yourself???
Yes, I see the signs and I am being used 7 6.67%
Maybe, but my self esteem is so low i don't care 3 2.86%
Not a chance, I am using him for all I can 5 4.76%
Possibily, but I truely believe he is the real thing 47 44.76%
Duh, we all use each other for something 13 12.38%
No Way, I have done all I can to protect myself 30 28.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarGirl View Post
This may sound farked up but I can look in my guys eyes and know he is genuine. That doesn't mean that things will work out peachy but I know in my heart that he loves me.
ditto for me,too!!! i know EXACTLY what you mean!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Marty's Wife

Thanked 9,536 Times in 3,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbeth View Post
ditto for me,too!!! i know EXACTLY what you mean!!!
when he is the one, you will know it. there are no doubts, no what ifs, no more questions, only answers remain, telling you deep inside this is the one.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 AM

No, Im not fooling myself. We are the real deal.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Earthling
Donation Award 

Default He's got me twisted.

I also pick option 'G". I got it so bad for him. I know how he makes me feel and if i'm getting used, it feels better than anything I have felt in a long time.
Besides, he has asked me for nothing except my heart.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM

me too, im with wobabi has to be g
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 PM

Default I'll take my chance

If he's BS'ing me he's got a lot of people fooled. And he's given up a lot to be with me.

But I believe in the strength of his arms when he holds me, the softness of his voice that wipes away my tears and the river deep-mountain high love we have for each other. And when he put my ring on my finger, I said yes to forever.

I'll take the chance of being a fool in love than to have never experienced the kindness, strength, patience, profound dedication and raw sexiness that he has brought to my life.

Lao-Tzu
Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 PM

if he's using me; he ain't getting nothing, but conversation, that i don't pay for, he doesn't ask me for anything, and he doesn't ask me to visit a lot, but i'm feeling our connection, and i've been on here seeking others in the same situation. I see alot these women believe in love, and just want to be happy, and that helps me because i that's all that matters is that i'm happy and that i like him, he likes me. I've cheated on, lied to, and mistreated by guys on the streets, with no felonies, and plus they didn't want to work either, so i'm just take this day by day, and who knows, i might the one out of the million that has a successful relationship who knows
Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM

Thanks for all your posts
Old 05-24-2009, 09:30 PM
MY HAPPINESS IS ROMAN

G is my choice too. Roman and I are meant to be otherwise the Lord would have never placed us together. We are total opposites and Totally in love.
The Following User Says Thank You to brownie74 For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (05-26-2009)
Old 05-28-2009, 02:05 PM

G for me too...

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Donation Award 

I really have to pick B. I love him, is was the best realionship I've ever had.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:19 PM

shit yall. i don't know. i just started talking to this dude about april 20th i think i received my first letter. then the calls started and when he got transferred close to my home town i have went visit him 2times through the glass. bummer! i work with his mom and he's 5 years younger than me. i'm lonely as heck and love the attention he gives me. am i being scammed somebody please tell me how will i know? i've been single since january 08 and this is the best i've felt in 17 mths.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNu10 View Post
if he's using me; he ain't getting nothing, but conversation, that i don't pay for, he doesn't ask me for anything, and he doesn't ask me to visit a lot, but i'm feeling our connection, and i've been on here seeking others in the same situation. I see alot these women believe in love, and just want to be happy, and that helps me because i that's all that matters is that i'm happy and that i like him, he likes me. I've cheated on, lied to, and mistreated by guys on the streets, with no felonies, and plus they didn't want to work either, so i'm just take this day by day, and who knows, i might the one out of the million that has a successful relationship who knows
i'm telling you girl. i feel the same way. girl, i don't know what to do with myself. this dude got me straight tripping. i can't stop thinking of him day and night. and i didn't even know him when he was out in the free world. the letters, calls and visits have got me thinking i'm dam 17 years old again.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNu10 View Post
shit yall. i don't know. i just started talking to this dude about april 20th i think i received my first letter. then the calls started and when he got transferred close to my home town i have went visit him 2times through the glass. bummer! i work with his mom and he's 5 years younger than me. i'm lonely as heck and love the attention he gives me. am i being scammed somebody please tell me how will i know? i've been single since january 08 and this is the best i've felt in 17 mths.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 PM
LovingSharieff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedSince08 View Post
Listen to this, If it is fake, in time it will show
If it is real, in time, you will know....
Go 'head... You better say that thing again Girl
Old 06-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Loving My C.A.F.
Donation Award 

I would have to pick G......
but like Marriedsince08 said
Listen to this, If it is fake, in time it will show
If it is real, in time, you will know....
Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 AM

I"m going with G also............but am really hoping for this being the real thing. He has already sent my pictures to his family and I have talked to his family on the phone....AND his mother offered to take me to visit so we could have a contact visit......so, i'm pretty sure this is the real deal and I"m just so grateful!!! And really, whether is be some sort of love connection or not I know I have made a best friend FOR life!!
Old 05-22-2019, 11:45 AM

Thanked 1,021 Times in 573 Posts

Me and my husband use each other emotionally which is how it should be. When we first met (we are MWI) he never asked me for anything financially and he still doesn't
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-22-2019), maytayah (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 02:25 PM

I've always been overprotective of myself after my very last relationship. I'm full aware I'm not fooling myself on anything and if I did feel I was...I wouldn't be still around for my man and our relationship. He never asked me for nothing since the first day we met years ago. It's still that way till this day with him and me. I gave him what he long deserved and that was to never abandon him, be faithful to him, stick by his side through the good, the bad and the very ugly!! To uplift him, give him a peace of mind and keep him wanting to do better each and everyday. I've help him in more ways he could ever imagine. I'll continue to do it this way for him, until the day he walks out for good as a free man again. I'll still continue to give him what he long deserved. I don't regret anything at all. He has given me so much that no man has ever given me and he's incarcerated. I'm his right and he's my left!
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
Du5t1n812 (05-23-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteli View Post
yeah I think this is the real deal. so I pick G. I'll put it this way, if he is using me, he is working very, very hard at pleasing me and making me happy. The things he does for me are things I never believed would happen to me. He has vindicated me on so many levels. He goes out of his way for me. It's the most awesome relationship I've ever had.
This. I had a really, really bad day at work last week and my mind was in a bad place. I got myself so worked up over a story he had told me about one of his exes that I was in tears when I replied to his afternoon message. He called me early that night and said he ran up the stairs to call (phones are in their cells in his block) as soon as he got my message because he was worried. He asked me every day for three days if I was doing better. If that's fake and he's using me then I have no idea what real is.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,669 Times in 1,946 Posts

Sometimes... yes. The distance is just too much to bear sometimes. It's hard to cross the Atlantic on a regular basis and sometimes I struggle. I don't think it's that unusual but seriously, sometimes I really have to listen deep inside of me and ask myself what the hell I am doing.
There is a strong bond but will it be enough until he gets out? It will be a few more years...There's just not enough communication anymore (due to misc. circumstances) and I am currently struggling but so far I've always come back to that he's the one I love.
I just have to see what'll happen to me and a possibly new job/location (I got offers from Berlin & Miami & London) and that's my first priority right now, I'm priority now. Not him.
ILLINOIS.PAL (06-10-2019), Sarianna (06-10-2019), Tinker8ell55 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 08:17 AM

I don't think I'm fooling myself because I've always kept it in my head the possibility things will fizzle upon his release. I'm trying to fully enjoy what we have right now, without placing any future expectations on us. If it works, it works and that's awesome, but I know he'll have spent his entire adult life in prison by the time he;s out, and idek how he'll adjust to freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Sometimes... yes. The distance is just too much to bear sometimes. It's hard to cross the Atlantic on a regular basis and sometimes I struggle. I don't think it's that unusual but seriously, sometimes I really have to listen deep inside of me and ask myself what the hell I am doing.
There is a strong bond but will it be enough until he gets out? It will be a few more years...There's just not enough communication anymore (due to misc. circumstances) and I am currently struggling but so far I've always come back to that he's the one I love.
I just have to see what'll happen to me and a possibly new job/location (I got offers from Berlin & Miami & London) and that's my first priority right now, I'm priority now. Not him.
I can't imagine how much it costs for y'all from across the ocean to come over here. I live 700 miles away from my MWI and it's gonna cost me over 1k for a 4 day visit. -_-;
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-10-2019), Tinker8ell55 (06-10-2019)