Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,458 Posts
Default A break from cabin fever

Most people I know think I'm crazy for my love of summer in the Carolinas and this 80-90° weather but I love it

This weekend's forecast is for the upper 90s to 100°!!! I have a freezer full of ice cream and freshly scrubbed down lawn furniture.

I plan to enjoy every degree of it, especially when I see others are experiencing snow, flooding,and tornadoes.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,321 Times in 1,950 Posts

I think you should have a huge veggie garden with stress placed on maters. Lots of them including green ones.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:08 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by safran View Post
I think you should have a huge veggie garden with stress placed on maters. Lots of them including green ones.
Unfortunately I discovered my yard is the center for much of the underground wiring for my block. Rather than risk it being torn up if work needs to be done, I have resorted to a few lilies near my mailbox and in a patch near the porch.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:52 PM

Enjoy it! We're in the area that's flooding and tornadoes. Six touched down Saturday.

As far as garden, have you looked into doing a boxed garden? They are more mobile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dymond3 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-22-2019), WeepingWillow (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
Unfortunately I discovered my yard is the center for much of the underground wiring for my block. Rather than risk it being torn up if work needs to be done, I have resorted to a few lilies near my mailbox and in a patch near the porch.

My area has VERY little wiring underground which is why I stopped setting the clock on the microwave. My power flickers weekly and goes out every few months.

The joys of inner city living with big trees.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Carolina traveler

If one of the local service providers weren't upgrading their fiber optic lines, I would not have known. Imagine looking out your back window to see someone there who let themselves into your gate, because your wiring is the source for the building hundreds are yards behind your home!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
If one of the local service providers weren't upgrading their fiber optic lines, I would not have known. Imagine looking out your back window to see someone there who let themselves into your gate, because your wiring is the source for the building hundreds are yards behind your home!
I’ve had versions of that happen more than once. Power company, cable people, city tree trimmers. Phone people. Drives me nuts.

I’ve called the CPD more than once thinking it was an intruder and with as many big dogs as I’ve fostered I’m lucky nobody was ripped to shreds. Right now I have a German Shepard, a Pit and a big spaniel mix and two of them are very protective - to the point of being deemed not adoptable.

It’s the entering a yard with a locked gate that annoys me. My car is right next to the gate - all they have to do I knock and let me know, they know I’m home. My area has many day time home invasions, I call 911 THEN ask questions.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:02 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,135 Times in 15,545 Posts

It was pretty nice here yesterday after a week and a half of rain, clouds, wind, and below average temps.
But yesterday was nice. It was sort of misleading because it was a bit overcast, but it was WARM and just breezy, not windy.
I'd walked over to meet a former coworker for coffee. We sat around and bullshitted for almost 2 hrs! lol. So on my way home I got surprised at how warm it felt.

Forecast looks pretty good thru the weekend with a slight chance of a bit of rain on sunday. (all I care about is how sat is gonna be. My grandson's party was moved to this sat from last because of rain so I dont want that to happen again)

That's my dog's nose art