Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Moving to Greeley, Looking for work!

I'm moving to Greeley on September 15th, does anyone know of anybody looking for help? I've attached my resume so that you can see what my skills are and might know of someone. I prefer to do Accounts Payable, but will take anything right now. I want to get on my feet so that I can come back and see my kids at least twice a month! Also I won't be able to live with Mike's parents forever! Please let me know. I've been looking on Careerbuilder.com but it seems most of them are temp agencies! I really don't want to have to travel, but if I do, I do!

Summary of Experience

Computer Skills

Quick Books Pro 2000, DOS, MS Works, MS Publisher, Windows, WordPerfect, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, & PowerPoint), Accounting Programs (AMI, Falcon/Citrix, BPI, Delphi, Eclipse, NASA, ,CMS, AS400 & BMA, QuickBooks), Ten-Key Calculator 254 Strokes Per Minute (Job Service Tested) and Type 74 WPM (Job Service Tested)

Accounting Skills

Accounts Receivable (Checkbook reconciliation, bank deposits, collections, direct billing, and customer service)
Accounts Payable (Check disbursement, expense account coding, credit card reconciliation, general ledger entry & purchase journal reconciliation)
Payroll (Time card audits, check disbursements, & garnishments)
Data Entry

Basic Office Skills

Date Entry and General Office duties (faxing, copying, filing, scanning, etc.)

Customer Service Skills

Courteous, friendly, cooperative, & polite

Employment History

5/11/07 – Present Administrative Assistant – HydroSolutions Inc
5/15/06 – 1/19/07 Customer Service Representative – Peter Yegen Jr., Inc.
7/24/01 – 5/13/05 Accounts Payable Clerk – Molerway Freight Lines, Inc. - Billings, Montana
1/27/00 – 5/22/01 Administrative Assistant/Accounts Receivable – Jackson Electric- Inc., Sheridan Wyoming
10/30/97 – 7/9/99 Administrative Assistant/Accounts Receivable Clerk – Carroll Insurance Inc.- Sheridan, Wyoming
9/5/95 – 6/6/97 Receptionist/Accounting Assistant – BHJ, Inc. - Sheridan, Wyoming
12/7/92 – 6/6/94 Cashier/Service Clerk – Buttrey’s Food & Drug- Sheridan, Wyoming
10/20/87-9/6/88 Administrative Assistant – Veteran’s Of America Hospital- Sheridan, Wyoming
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Have you looked at these Sonia?

Weld County www.co.weld.co.us

Also saw this in the paper: FT office admin. assistant econnell@bgcweld.org

You might also look at the City of Greeley web site for open positions.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:34 PM

Sonia,
Check out craigslist/Denver and look under admin/office. There is a posting for a job in Greeley that I just saw today and thought of you.
Good luck.
Janet
Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Thank you

yes, I've applied for a few of those. Thank you! I'm in Greely, got here Saturday night around 11:30 pm, it was a LONG drive! I miss my boys but know they are safe. I'm at the library until we get internet at the house...I have all of my things I need set up and my boxes piled in a corner. Mike's parents are wonderful!!! They are so helpful, loving and caring! I'll be here at the library checking my emails! Take care!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default I'm here!!!

We pulled into Greeley around 11:30 saturday night, left around 3pm, it was a long drive.....I've got all of my things piled in a corner of Mike's parents basement and my items I'm using in a corner, it's just like a living room where my area is, but it's better than nothing. I miss my boys but know they are safe and happier there. Mike's parents are so wonderful!! I haven't found a job yet but still looking. I am at the library using the internet so hopefully soon I'll get internet at home. Mike is happy I'm here but says he's jealous and sad cuz he wants to be here. I'll be coming to check my email here everyday until I get internet at the house! Talk to you all soon!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 PM

I'm wishin you the best.. Where did you come to Greeley from?
Janet
Old 09-18-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Billings Montana

I hate montana but sad I had to leave my boys...they are 17 and 19 an ddidn't want to move with me!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:40 PM

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike's angel
I hate montana but sad I had to leave my boys...they are 17 and 19 an ddidn't want to move with me!
That has to be really hard on you. Which library, lol? I may stalk you!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Funny Lady!

I think its centennial park??

Quote:
Originally Posted by galgrif
That has to be really hard on you. Which library, lol? I may stalk you!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:20 PM
replanted cheesehead

I lived in Missoula for a summer YEARS ago when I graduated from College. Had such a hard time finding crediable employment that I had to leave. Anyway, jobs are pretty abundant in Colo. but it is way more expensive to live here than Montana, I believe. Greeley and Ft. Collins are both college towns. Do you have enough experience to do self-enployment in the accounting field? My friend here in Gunny does that. Nice to hear from ya and glad you made it here safely. Hope your kids are doing good on their own in Montana (not getting into too much trouble lol, lol).