Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Default Questions Re: Weld County Work Release

I have read the Weld County website and the Work Release Client Handbook but I still have a lot of questions regarding work release that are specific to our situation.

To start with, I can't see how this is going to work as he doesn't have the required documents for CO employment (Valid DL, SS Card, Birth Certificate) because they are expired/suspended or missing.

He has no cellphone or money so that's a problem also I would think because of how you have to check in.

Even if he somehow gets past that and lands a job, he's in construction and I don't think they are going to let him have his vehicle as his DL is expired and the DMV has it on hold for fines, he has no auto insurance or SR22, and the registration has expired. I don't see how he can store all of his tools, saws, supplies, etc. Gang box is not going to cut it because he needs more room. So maybe he will just have to take something else at a lower level with only hand tools?

I have more questions about how he is going to get his belongings and what to pack up.

Anyone with experience here that could shed some light for me would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2018, 10:54 AM

Thanked 5,994 Times in 3,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfromgrace View Post
I have read the Weld County website and the Work Release Client Handbook but I still have a lot of questions regarding work release that are specific to our situation.

To start with, I can't see how this is going to work as he doesn't have the required documents for CO employment (Valid DL, SS Card, Birth Certificate) because they are expired/suspended or missing.

He has no cellphone or money so that's a problem also I would think because of how you have to check in.

Even if he somehow gets past that and lands a job, he's in construction and I don't think they are going to let him have his vehicle as his DL is expired and the DMV has it on hold for fines, he has no auto insurance or SR22, and the registration has expired. I don't see how he can store all of his tools, saws, supplies, etc. Gang box is not going to cut it because he needs more room. So maybe he will just have to take something else at a lower level with only hand tools?

I have more questions about how he is going to get his belongings and what to pack up.

Anyone with experience here that could shed some light for me would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Generally with work release they help you get all your documents in order and give you time to find a job. I don't know why you can't have contact and I would suggest you go thru legal channels to return his belongings. Alot of work release centers help you get temp work, like with a labor pool.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:03 AM

Thanks so much. We have a no contact order with an exception for 3rd party for undisputed property. Will they let me pack up the things he can have on the list and deliver it to them? What legal channels are you referring to please regarding getting him the belongings he can have? I am assuming he could have someone contact me regarding them but I doubt he thinks I would respond or that his belongings have not been disposed of.

No contact is a bitch but a necessary one. I wish there was a way to know where his head is at as he was in bad shape when he was arrested.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:47 PM

He will need to get a job that he will be allowed to do within the rules of work release and it wont be hard since he will have 100 other people in the facility to give him leads on where he can go. Just take his clothes and things like that to him, all the stuff he will need to live day to day. You will drop his stuff and it will be searched into the facility, you wont have any contact with him. Weld county is a pretty easy program, dont trip!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:50 PM

Thank you.