Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida County & Metro Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida County & Metro Jails Topics and discussion specific to County & Metro jail facilities in Florida.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:02 PM

Default When to send money on jpay so the jail doesnt take all the money

My girl is in pasco county jail. I send her money and the jail uses it up becuase of their $3 a day thing. When do I deposit money for her. She said sunday before 12.
Anybody else know somebody in pasco jail?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Account Closed

Altho we're on different sides of the country if the jail is taking all of her money before she can use in on commissary I'd send her the money a couple days before she's able to go. Ask her what draw she is...1st, 2nd, 3rd? Because inmates can only go to store on their draw (draw = time of month). If you send the money a couple days before the jail won't have enough time to take the money unless the $3 adds up and as soon as money hits the books they automatically take it out. In which case there may not be anything you can do about it.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 AM

I was under the impression that as soon as it hits her account it will be taken. Instead of sending her money, check into sending her a property/food package, I know MOST county jails over here have these set up and then she wont need money.

Ive never heard of a draw, my man is allowed to go to canteen whenever it is open.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:07 AM
strong enough

Can they receive the Icare packages at that facility? Thats a good way to go, and it has food or personal hygiene products.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:10 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,121 Times in 17,127 Posts

I'd have been tickled pink if the county jail here only took $3 a day.....they took 25% of every deposit to an inmate's account. 25%. Every deposit. And there was no "store." Canten orders were once week from a bubble sheet and packages were not allowed.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Account Closed

At least its only 25% and $3 in those states. In California they take 55%...so you send 45 hard earned dollars and your loved one only sees 20 of it. Ain't that a b****. And we got "draw" which means at this point my man can only go to store aka canteen once every 2nd week of the month.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:23 AM

I'm so pissed. I didn't know they took money every day. My fiance just called me and told me this and I didn't get to ask what days he's allowed to buy things. His mom and I have no idea how much to send now.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:48 AM

I heard that. My man is in Cali as well. If I send $100 he only gets $45. Such crap. But my man says it is cuz of his restitution.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM

I hope I'm replying correctly this is my first post. My man is currently in the Pasco county jail in Land O' Lakes awaiting transfer to CFRC. They put their canteen orders in every Sunday and receive them on Wednesday or Thursday. They do take out $3 dollars per day if you put money in after sunday. I usually put in his money through JPay around 1am Sunday and they still manage to take out the $3 but only for Sunday. When I called they said if you do it after a certain time on Sunday they wont take it out(don't remember time.) When I pay through jpay on my card it says funds wont deposit till next business day and I'm afraid if I'm too close to that time it wont post to his account to Monday so I just resolved myself to losing the $3.Luckily the $3 isn't cumulitive and resents every Sunday. Hope this helps.