Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:07 PM

Default Felon friendly place to live

So, my land lady is horrible and will fix nothing. I called VB building code enforcement on her. She did fix some of the things but the code enforcement officer told me if I pushed the issue that he would have to condemn the apartment. I need to move. I am fortunate to be month to month on my lease due to automatic renewal at the end of the first year with no new lease signed.
I live in VB but work in Suffolk. I have the most wonderful 8 year old little girl in my care. She deserves to live somewhere better than here. We don't have a bathtub and the windows and doors are not air tight. It is very cold here in the winter because we can't keep the heat in. We have lived here for 2 years. There are almost no electricity outlets. I am not trying to whine but just make it clear why we do not want to stay here.
It would be easy to leave for normal people. Last year I was convicted of a DUI 1st but was charged and convicted also for felony child neglect for having my 13 year old son in the car. He now lives elsewhere and I have been in AA for a long time. It took forever to find the job I am blessed to have now after I lost my original job over the DUI. However while I was between jobs I could only scrape up enough money to pay my rent much of the time and my credit suffered. I feel like I could explain to future land lords that I know my credit needs work, but I always found a way to pay my rent before everything else.
now as I try to look for a new place, closer to my job, and to have basic amenities of apartment life to raise my daughter everyone wants to have the felony question on the application and I know the credit check is coming. I don't want to blow 20 to 50 dollars per waisted application so I thought I would roll the question by you guys:

Does anyone know a renter who could work with a felony that is not theft or drug related and some bad credit that is on the mend around suffolk and preferably in a decent elementary school zone? Windsor or Smithfield maybe?

Thanks to anyone reading this and caring about a little girl who has done nothing wrong and stood by her mom through the good and the bad.
Sponsored Links